Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Dream career vs actual career

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 pm
I have a lot of topics to open a discussion about...Here is one.

I think everyone at least heard about : Follow your dreams
You know it's a simple positive thinking that everyone ''should'' do in principle to make their dreams come true and I believe be ''happy because you fulfilled your dream''.

As you all know, life isn't perfect. Following your dreams might not always the good solution, although it should be...

Let me give you real example. My friend X loves arts, cinema and music. She studied in arts, and then in music. She got her diploma in music, but she has no job in music (it's seasonal music job she work only 3 days in the summer because she is not a permanent employee there is no job for her). She is in debt because she had to pay her own studies (she took a loan). She is now working in a bakery store full-time to make a living...

She is not the only one.

Then, there are people who don't follow their dreams, they also end up having no job, and when they started doing something they like : it worked !
The easiest example that I can give you is all the gurus on youtube (especially makeup gurus and comedians).

The last example is people who are capable to obtain a high paid job, not necessarily their passion, but they would do that job to earn money and in their spare time, they would do what they really like : music, painting....

So, I don't know what to do because I don't know what's going to happen.
Investing in something I really like and then I can't find a job in what I like anyways.
Or, investing in something I don't hate, nor love, that I can find a job and sustain myself....but there's always a possibility to be jobless.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think things like that can be avoided to a degree if people do their research to see how many jobs are open in the career they are trying to achieve. And if you have a few interests and there aren't right many open then do something that you know you won't be miserable in. I mean just because people have a certain number of interest and can't find a job in them doesn't mean every other job will be crappy. But that's just me. Retail is not my dream job but it is something I would most likely enjoy doing....I don't know yet though, I haven't had a job in retail just in fast food and I hate it.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm
little aishi chan
User Image

I think things like that can be avoided to a degree if people do their research to see how many jobs are open in the career they are trying to achieve. And if you have a few interests and there aren't right many open then do something that you know you won't be miserable in. I mean just because people have a certain number of interest and can't find a job in them doesn't mean every other job will be crappy. But that's just me. Retail is not my dream job but it is something I would most likely enjoy doing....I don't know yet though, I haven't had a job in retail just in fast food and I hate it.
That's the ''issue'' some dream career don't lead to a great percentage of employment, some people chose to pursuit their dream job might end up getting nothing... while there are people who don't and also get nothing because of lack of passion in their jobs.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 pm
XxAriaxX
little aishi chan
User Image

That's the ''issue'' some dream career don't lead to a great percentage of employment, some people chose to pursuit their dream job might end up getting nothing... while there are people who don't and also get nothing because of lack of passion in their jobs.

User Image

As far as the lack of passion goes, that is on them for acting like if they couldn't get their dream job, any other job would suck. I'm going to be going to college in January into the medcial and it honestly not something I want to do, but knowing that I can get enough money to move out and pay for rent, I am happy as can be, plus it's not fast food so I don't have to "pretend to be busy" and clean walls. It's not what I want to do, it's just something that will get me started and then I can go back and major in something I enjoy.

The people who chose to follow their dream job and get nothing, I don't think they wasted their money, the job market is always changing and as long as they have that paper that says they completed their college major then when a position opens up, they will be considered.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:38 pm
little aishi chan
XxAriaxX
little aishi chan
User Image

User Image

As far as the lack of passion goes, that is on them for acting like if they couldn't get their dream job, any other job would suck. I'm going to be going to college in January into the medcial and it honestly not something I want to do, but knowing that I can get enough money to move out and pay for rent, I am happy as can be, plus it's not fast food so I don't have to "pretend to be busy" and clean walls. It's not what I want to do, it's just something that will get me started and then I can go back and major in something I enjoy.

The people who chose to follow their dream job and get nothing, I don't think they wasted their money, the job market is always changing and as long as they have that paper that says they completed their college major then when a position opens up, they will be considered.
Yeah... It's something I have to think about it too ... I really want to be able to sustain myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm
XxAriaxX
little aishi chan
XxAriaxX
little aishi chan
User Image

User Image

Yeah... It's something I have to think about it too ... I really want to be able to sustain myself.

User Image

Same here, the only reason I'm going into this field, but it should be fun too. Good luck to you! ^.^

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items