View Results

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:39 am
I'm serious. I'm trying to be a vegetarian but I'm poor and people are taking advantage of my finances. I am struggling just eating a bunch of starches.

I'm thinking of starving myself to make a point. I MIGHT be able to eat once daily on weekdays.

I have to stop eating starches.

But I seriously hate myself. I've been getting depressed and moody lately(I suffer from bipolar ) and it's effecting my well being.

What do you suggest. I haven't any money. I live in a group home. They have a freezer full of meat. The only vegetables available they won't allow me to eat because it's for dinners to go along with the meat they eat.

Maybe if I don't eat anything they'll get the point that I'm serious.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:17 am
Miku-Marmalade

There is something you could try.. But it depends on what you really like.. I do not know if you will be able to use this ingredient but.. If you drink it before eating..? It helps with the craving and such..

It is a simple mix of one teaspoon of cinnamon, and two spoons of natural honey.. And plus having some soup with bread crumbs help, you do not have to eat meat all the time.. People think I am weird that I do not eat red meat.. But I can eat turkey and tuna seafood stuff.. Sometimes just some fruits and cheese.. But it also depends on what they have and what you have access to..  

UpsideDownInventions

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:16 am
Kiaana Yuki
Miku-Marmalade

There is something you could try.. But it depends on what you really like.. I do not know if you will be able to use this ingredient but.. If you drink it before eating..? It helps with the craving and such..

It is a simple mix of one teaspoon of cinnamon, and two spoons of natural honey.. And plus having some soup with bread crumbs help, you do not have to eat meat all the time.. People think I am weird that I do not eat red meat.. But I can eat turkey and tuna seafood stuff.. Sometimes just some fruits and cheese.. But it also depends on what they have and what you have access to..

Thanks I like this idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am
You are welcome..  

UpsideDownInventions

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:41 pm
Miku-Marmalade

Always drink a full glass of water before each meal.
This helps hydrate your body, of course—but it will also make you feel
more full, thus causing you to eat less.

Also stay away from juices, sodas, or any sugary drinks. They are just empty calories.
Opt for water or green tea (well, really, most teas are fine but green is the best.)

Another is to chew/eat slower, and chew on your food longer. Eating fast causes a person to eat more, but when a person takes longer to eat their food, they'll eat less.
Why is this? This is because your body takes time to send your brain the signal that it is full.

One thing I do is that before I have seconds or dessert, I drink a second (half-full or a small) glass of water or tea, so I don't overdo it.

Don't eat while watching television or movies. The distraction causes people an greater intake of food.
I find I watch my eating habits more when I am eating by myself or at the table, with other people.

Eating on a smaller plate helps, too, for some reason.

Try to have 4-6 small meals spaced throughout the day instead of 3 large ones.

Avoid eating a large amount of food after 7 o' clock.

I usually have medium-somewhat large breakfasts (to fuel my body for the day) and have small, various snacks throughout the day, and finish with a light, healthy dinner.

Always try to make your plate have the majority of it be vegetables (about half is the best.)

Try to your replace red meats with fish or chicken.

Hmmm... try your best to limit your intake on starchy foods, like bread, pasta, and rice.

For snacks, have healthy ones like fruits (pears are so yummy, and not as hard as apples so they're easy on your teeth if they're sensitive, like mine!) or nuts such as pistachios, walnuts, and almonds.
I also enjoy those fruit strips/fruit leathers, but those are not as healthy as fruit, themselves!

When you eat salad, go for vinaigrettes than creamy (like Ranch) dressings.

Try to take a walk each day! I usually take a quick, 5 minute one on busy days, but a 30 minute walk is the best if you have enough time on your schedule.

Meditating while eating helps to reduce intake. I tend to do this when I'm having meals by myself.
The most important thing to do is savor your food!

I hope these tips will help you! (:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm
Marnomy
Miku-Marmalade

Always drink a full glass of water before each meal.
This helps hydrate your body, of course—but it will also make you feel
more full, thus causing you to eat less.

Also stay away from juices, sodas, or any sugary drinks. They are just empty calories.
Opt for water or green tea (well, really, most teas are fine but green is the best.)

Another is to chew/eat slower, and chew on your food longer. Eating fast causes a person to eat more, but when a person takes longer to eat their food, they'll eat less.
Why is this? This is because your body takes time to send your brain the signal that it is full.

One thing I do is that before I have seconds or dessert, I drink a second (half-full or a small) glass of water or tea, so I don't overdo it.

Don't eat while watching television or movies. The distraction causes people an greater intake of food.
I find I watch my eating habits more when I am eating by myself or at the table, with other people.

Eating on a smaller plate helps, too, for some reason.

Try to have 4-6 small meals spaced throughout the day instead of 3 large ones.

Avoid eating a large amount of food after 7 o' clock.

I usually have medium-somewhat large breakfasts (to fuel my body for the day) and have small, various snacks throughout the day, and finish with a light, healthy dinner.

Always try to make your plate have the majority of it be vegetables (about half is the best.)

Try to your replace red meats with fish or chicken.

Hmmm... try your best to limit your intake on starchy foods, like bread, pasta, and rice.

For snacks, have healthy ones like fruits (pears are so yummy, and not as hard as apples so they're easy on your teeth if they're sensitive, like mine!) or nuts such as pistachios, walnuts, and almonds.
I also enjoy those fruit strips/fruit leathers, but those are not as healthy as fruit, themselves!

When you eat salad, go for vinaigrettes than creamy (like Ranch) dressings.

Try to take a walk each day! I usually take a quick, 5 minute one on busy days, but a 30 minute walk is the best if you have enough time on your schedule.

Meditating while eating helps to reduce intake. I tend to do this when I'm having meals by myself.
The most important thing to do is savor your food!

I hope these tips will help you! (:

I'm definitely going to try these tips. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat meat anyways(I eat fish and eggs though)

Yeah I am a sugary drink lover. Just not a soda fan. I like orange juice and koolaid :3

Thanks ~ o3o  

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 am
If portion control is a problem for you when it comes to nuts, try to look for single-serving bags such as the small pistachio bags put out by Wonderful. Each bag of those things has 130 calories worth of pistachios. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 am
Super Fightin Prototype
If portion control is a problem for you when it comes to nuts, try to look for single-serving bags such as the small pistachio bags put out by Wonderful. Each bag of those things has 130 calories worth of pistachios. :3

Thanks. :3  

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers