Submit

My-Demonic-Daydreams

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:19 pm
I...I feel like a boy stuck inside a girl's body.

I feel so awkward in my body, when I look in the mirror, when I speak, and especially when my parents call me their 'little girl.' I've heard this my entire life, but it's starting to bug me...When I hear it, it makes me think they're talking to someone else.

It...it's hard to explain, but I feel trapped. I would be content to ignore this feeling for a little while longer, but I have a concert THIS FRIDAY and I have to wear a dress.
We went shopping today for dresses and...it just turned my stomach. I don't like being seen as a girl, but I don't want to make my Mom and Dad mad.

They're actually mad at me because we bought a super long skirt and a suit jacket and I couldn't fit into the skirt. My Mom said she could make it fit if I wore a girdle, but she didn't want to because I've told her that I don't like being seen as a girl, and I avoid dresses and skirts like the plague.

I asked my Dad why everyone was mad at me, and he told me that he did want to remember that I was a girl and just humor them, once in a while but...I can't! It's so...frustrating! I want to pull my hair out over this.

Is there any advice you girls can give me, just to get me through Friday night?

If you also have any advice, or know where I'm coming from, please send me a message!

I'm desperate, girls!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm
My-Demonic-Daydreams

I feel so awkward in my body, when I look in the mirror, when I speak, and especially when my parents call me their 'little girl.' I've heard this my entire life, but it's starting to bug me...When I hear it, it makes me think they're talking to someone else.

It...it's hard to explain, but I feel trapped. I would be content to ignore this feeling for a little while longer, but I have a concert THIS FRIDAY and I have to wear a dress.
We went shopping today for dresses and...it just turned my stomach. I don't like being seen as a girl, but I don't want to make my Mom and Dad mad.

They're actually mad at me because we bought a super long skirt and a suit jacket and I couldn't fit into the skirt. My Mom said she could make it fit if I wore a girdle, but she didn't want to because I've told her that I don't like being seen as a girl, and I avoid dresses and skirts like the plague.

I asked my Dad why everyone was mad at me, and he told me that he did want to remember that I was a girl and just humor them, once in a while but...I can't! It's so...frustrating! I want to pull my hair out over this.

If you also have any advice, or know where I'm coming from, please send me a message!

I'm desperate, girls!

I have been there before, and believe me; it is no fun but, if you truly feel this way then it is alright: You have nothing to be ashamed of.

But I used to feel the same way; I grew out of it but you might not. Either way, I hope it goes well.  

Nik-the-Inkblot

Versatile Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100

My-Demonic-Daydreams

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 pm
Demonik-Inkblot
My-Demonic-Daydreams

I'm desperate, girls!

I have been there before, and believe me; it is no fun but, if you truly feel this way then it is alright: You have nothing to be ashamed of.

But I used to feel the same way; I grew out of it but you might not. Either way, I hope it goes well.

Thank you~
I'm just...nervous for this Friday. I don't just want to grin and bear it. My Chorus concerts were always some of my favorite nights, because I got to perform and show my love of singing, but this whole dress thing has got me nervous and shaken up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm
My-Demonic-Daydreams
Demonik-Inkblot
My-Demonic-Daydreams

I'm desperate, girls!

Thank you~
I'm just...nervous for this Friday. I don't just want to grin and bear it. My Chorus concerts were always some of my favorite nights, because I got to perform and show my love of singing, but this whole dress thing has got me nervous and shaken up.

Take it for what it is, that is my advice: You're wearing a dress, but you're still you, right?
I hate wearing dresses myself, but I love skirts: Ironic, eh?  

Nik-the-Inkblot

Versatile Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am
My-Demonic-Daydreams

Ehh I don't think there will be much getting around the dress for something so soon, but i think you should talk to your family about how you feel and let them be able to express they way they also feel about it. It won't be all candy canes and lollipops but I think everything should be said, in a way they can understand.

And if you desperately just want to get out of the whole wearing a dress you could after you have the conversation let them know it's uncomfortable and you would rather wear dress pants, or just something other than?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:08 pm
I say just stomach wearing the dress just to please your parents so that their happy that you humored them. I'd then later have a sit down and be honest with them on how you feel. Seeing how you met them halfway, perhaps they'd be willing to do the same for you. Seems fair, right?  

Mord Alushar

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 am
I have never felt like I have been a boy stuck in a girl's body before necessarily. However, I have felt the need to hate girly stuff in the past because the girly stuff was forced for a while. As I grew older I hated pink and only liked it if it was with green or black. I hated wearing anything that I considered super girly. I would wear girl's jeans and a comfy t-shirt. I didn't feel the need to put on makeup or spend long, tedious hours trying to style my hair and make it look a certain way. I was still a girl alright, I just didn't like stuff that society called girly and didn't want to be apart of it necessarily. I like being seen as a girl because that is the true gender I am - I want to be seen as unique and different, though - not a clay model of all the other girls out there. Perhaps it's not the striving to be a boy, but to be an independent girl because perhaps the girly things were forced on you, too. It can also be frustrating being called "our little girl" by parents up until an age of independence or an age of where you feel you're too old for that.

I didn't like dresses because they were pressed on me. At certain things, I had to anyway. At certain events such as band concerts and such, I'd ask if I could get away with wearing dress pants/slacks and a nice dress shirt. Sometimes my teachers said, "That's fine," and other times there was a, "No." It just depends on the instructor and whatnot. Although, if you have to wear a dress then wear the dress - it probably won't be more than a few hours and I'm sure you'll survive.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games