Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Dad stopped talking to me after an event...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Skyward Violinist

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 pm
So me and my best (female) friend were hanging out, playing video games and one thing led to another and we started making out. A few minutes into our kissing, my dad walks into my room and sees us. The only thing he says is, "What the ********!?" Really loudly and slammed the door loudly.
It's been 4 days now and my dad hasn't said a word to me, and he doesn't even look at me, which is way unlike him because we were always so close. What do I do?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 pm
The Skyward Violinist
So me and my best (female) friend were hanging out, playing video games and one thing led to another and we started making out. A few minutes into our kissing, my dad walks into my room and sees us. The only thing he says is, "What the ********!?" Really loudly and slammed the door loudly.
It's been 4 days now and my dad hasn't said a word to me, and he doesn't even look at me, which is way unlike him because we were always so close. What do I do?
sad Try to talk to him. I think he is mad about something you have to discuss...
Not easy...

I am the person like that : I would not talk to the person I'm mad...  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 pm
User Image

I would have a family meeting or something so that there has to be a conversation going. We don't know why he's acting that way except he's probably mad about something. Maybe he's hurt that he had to find out that way or something.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:30 am
Sounds like there might be some serious miscommunication and/or assumptions going on on your dad's part. See if you can hold a family meeting, or meet with your dad and a neutral party so that you can talk things out.

Also know that some of the reasons for his harshness may not have anything to do with you, but he may be dealing with his own personal issues.

Hope y'all are able to work something out.  

Dionnysia

Girl-Crazy Trickster

12,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Nanami.x.Yuki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am
I don't think your dad is necessarily angry with you. At first he might have been upset that his daughter was kissing another girl but the reason he probably won't talk to you is that he feels awkward about the whole situation.

Just be straight with him and have this conversation asap. The longer you wait, the harder it gets.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:28 am
User ImageUser Image

Ditto. Nanami's right.
I share the same awkward situation with you.
However it's my sister who turns out to be a lesbian.
My mom was terribly upset too. And she finds it awkward to even look at my sister at one point.
It's my sister who cracked the ice and approached my mom seeking acceptance.
It's been a long struggle for sister to be accepted for who she is.

In this case, you're not even a lesbian aren't you.
You could just sit down and talk to your father about the incident.
Explain before your father allow his imagination runs wild
emotion_facepalm

User ImageUser Image  

eneroella

Darling

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 am
The Skyward Violinist

You could just wait a while longer to let him take in what he witnessed, and when you think it's the right time and he has yet to say anything to you. Ask to speak to him about hat he saw, and just ask how he felt about it, then just explain everything carefully (like don't try to just throw it all down it may overwhelm him) Just make sure you are able to hear his thoughts but if he gets all mad and agitated, you may just want to take the conversation a little at a time. Again letting him take it all in.
If you need someone to talk to about anything feel free to PM or anything, Stay strong c: <333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Thank you all for your kind words and support! Me and my dad are finally starting to talk again smile  

The Skyward Violinist

Distinct Genius

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces