Submit

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am
Oh! Is there any chance someone can maybe make a beak like the gryph one ='D? I know there have been a few I have made where I thought it would be cool with a beak x3.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:42 pm
So... I don't have an art program... and I'm hand-drawing a bunch of plushies to give away... XP Then I realized that I don't have a scanner... and if I did get a scanner, I wouldn't have an art program that I could use to get rid of all the white-bits around the plushie so that I could cert it... is there any way I could make this work?  

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm
Alanna, sometimes people will cert for you if you ask. You could take pictures of your hand drawn ones instead of scanning.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:46 am
Oops, I've just read through all the posts in the thread and noticed Mind's posts. OTL;; I seem to be really scatterbrained lately.

I'm more than happy to cert plushies for anyone who can't cert. :3 If you PM me, I'll be glad to help. <3

On Mutants...

This begs the question... where's line between "normal edit" and "mutation"? 8D; What's the limit? I've looked through the guideline, of course.

But what about... (for example) something elemental layered over the Soquili? Originally, I thought this wouldn't be considered a mutation, but a moderate to heavy edit.

See Troilus -- vines and twigs are intertwined in his hair, but he still appears to be a non-mutant flutter. Verdict: non-mutant (?)

Remiel falls into the same category as Troilus, right? He's an edited uni with ice layered over his back, and spikes of ice in his hair. So he appears to be non-mutant. Or is a mutant, because the ice spikes might be horns? OTL Verdict: non-mutant, pushing it (?)

Nadya is another Soq with questionable mutant status... she has clusters of ice layered over her, not growing over her body, and they obey gravity, so it seems like a normal edit. Except, the ice from her shoulders takes the form of wings... so she is a mutant flutter? @_@ Verdict: mutant (?)

Sign of Stone is another Soq I'm unsure of. His only edits are his mane, tail, and necklace, which are all "normal." But, his coat has the texture of stone with engravings on his body and the texture of stone. But his body (his leg-feathering, for example) is shaded as a normal Soq's; he isn't shaded to look like a statue (I'm fairly certain a mutant-category "statue" Soq exists, but I couldn't find him/her OTL). So... he's not a mutant? Verdict: not mutant (?)

So... twigs or vines in hair = not mutant -- I'm guessing it's considered the same as having flowers or feathers in hair? I'm going to extrapolate that to guess that being covered in mud or dust is also just an edit, and not a mutant trait. And I'm also guessing this could extend to water droplets, and having soaked/sopping wet coats or hair... even though that's a temporary condition... but so is bleeding, and there are plenty of bloody Soq... so... none of the things mentioned in this paragraph are mutations? 8D;

What about being covered in an "elemental" substance?

I assume that tree bark, carved wood, and stone are considered non-mutant edits (when layered on top of the Soq) if it's clear that they're not fused to the Soquili's body. So if tree bark looks like wood warped into the shape of a blanket (...lol), then it would be a non-mutant trait. Elemental "spikes" fall into the gray area, so they would have to have conspicuous, clearly visible attachments (straps, rope, cloth) to the Soq's body.

But what about being covered in bits of ice? Not mutant? ._. Shaped or carved ice? Not mutant if it doesn't appear to be growing out of the Soq's body? What about icicles? What about frost? I'm guessing that being covered in any type of fire would be considered a mutant trait, since fire... uh... tends to burn things. Meanwhile, as per the guidelines I linked to, being surrounded by something like smoke (or light/an aura) is not mutant. What about being covered in debris? Like having bits of gravel matted in a Soq's coat? (Not mutant?) Or being covered in organic debris/mushrooms? (Not mutant?) What about being covered in moss? (...No idea here.)  

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:35 pm
Guys, just make the plushies whatever you want. You never know for SURE what you're going to get. >3> Like I said, sometimes we surprise you/ Plus, making whatever you wanna make for people, even if there are limits, can result in some fun surprises.

Though I will answer the question about the ponies 83

Troilus: Not a mutant, those vines are clearly accessories
Remiel: At the TIME period he was made, he's a mutant, since those ice looks like horns and spines, however he's a "proto-Water Ulunsuti" Now since Ulunsuti can have elemental hair and horns and Ice is an aspect of the water suti. Though the amount of horns would still make him a mutant since there's one set too many on his head, though if it was a bit lower it'd go into spike territory like those on his spine... So I'd say by today's standards he's a watersuti-corn with one too many sets horns for customs and that, if you wanted to get one like him, you'd have to make that last set turn into two neck spikes going down the spine in a line or clearly growing from the neck.

Nadya: ... Now that IS a touchy subject and I'll have to ask the others their thoughts on it. She's either a Mutant Flutter or a non-mutant Water Fluttersuti.

Sign of stone is just color: Its sort of like how one can have scale-like colors without getting custom scales that make them into a mutant level mutation. So he's just a regular. I think 'statue' soquili that are actually mutants tend to have chips in their body that are actual chips and not just colored cracks or would have stone angeni wings.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 pm
Mind

Nadya: ... Now that IS a touchy subject and I'll have to ask the others their thoughts on it. She's either a Mutant Flutter or a non-mutant Water Fluttersuti.

My add to this: She is a breeding baby so is classified as a gen 3 ^-^~ Because breedings can have many fun things from either parent they kinda get the chance to stay unclassified. At least that is what I have understood from history.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 am
I am considering doing some impossible hybrids for funsies XD Mers with angeni wings and the like. Are people interested?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:15 pm
edit: oops wrong thread haha
@Phail that sounds cool! (:  

vballlvr5

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 pm
ladyfirefox89