Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 am
User Image

I'm just wondering if there are any fans of these series. I have a habit of falling out of the fandom and then getting back in at random.

Personally, I like how the creator crossed over the two series. But it is weird that the main character from both series look like they could be twins..... And that there is a connection between their parents. Makes one wonder.....

For those who don't know, Detective Conan was called Cased Closed in America while Magic Kaito never came to America as far as I know.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 am
Both Detective Conan and Magic Kaito are good shows. And yes, Shinichi and Kaito both look alike, as well as their respective love interest, Ran and Aoko. Detective Conan had great cases to solve, but it's pretty long already and that there are few episodes that tackles about the Black Organization. Its 16 movies are quite superb too!  

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 am
I havent heard of Magic Kaito until now. I'll have to try to look it up sometime! i LOVE Detective Conan. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and everything. its such an amazing show. c:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 pm
madelynheston
I havent heard of Magic Kaito until now. I'll have to try to look it up sometime! i LOVE Detective Conan. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and everything. its such an amazing show. c:

User Image

If you like Detective Conan, you really need to look up Magic Kaito. It was created before Detective Conan and is where Kaitou KID and several other characters came from. In fact, there is theft that featured Shinichi in which KID was close to being caught. It's very interesting to see how much the two series cross over. Kaito's father was the original Kaitou KID and was also Shinichi's mother's teacher of disguises. Also, if I remember correctly, Shinichi's father also went after the original KID and even gave him that name because someone wrote 1412 sloppy.

If you read fics that focus on Shinichi and Kaito, their parents are usually the best of friends. Some even have it that they are twins separated at birth for their protection.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 am
Rubai Sora
madelynheston

User Image

If you like Detective Conan, you really need to look up Magic Kaito. It was created before Detective Conan and is where Kaitou KID and several other characters came from. In fact, there is theft that featured Shinichi in which KID was close to being caught. It's very interesting to see how much the two series cross over. Kaito's father was the original Kaitou KID and was also Shinichi's mother's teacher of disguises. Also, if I remember correctly, Shinichi's father also went after the original KID and even gave him that name because someone wrote 1412 sloppy.

If you read fics that focus on Shinichi and Kaito, their parents are usually the best of friends. Some even have it that they are twins separated at birth for their protection.

Thats awesome! O_O  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:37 pm
madelynheston
Thats awesome! O_O

User Image

Yup~ If you look on ff.net, you really don't need to put the two shows under crossovers since most of the characters (if not all) from Magic Kaito are listed in Detective Conan. It's that much intertwined. There is even a theory that the BO from DC is the same from MK.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 pm
Rubai Sora
madelynheston
Thats awesome! O_O

User Image

Yup~ If you look on ff.net, you really don't need to put the two shows under crossovers since most of the characters (if not all) from Magic Kaito are listed in Detective Conan. It's that much intertwined. There is even a theory that the BO from DC is the same from MK.

I feel so ashamed I never knew! XD Ive loved DC since I was like, 9 c: Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:28 pm
madelynheston

I feel so ashamed I never knew! XD Ive loved DC since I was like, 9 c: Thanks!

User Image

It's okay. I didn't know about it until a few years ago. Not a lot of people know about Magic Kaito it seems.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers