Lonely Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:39 am
Okay so here all goes
I am a medical student
My exams are very near and i haven't learn anything!! I cannot concentrate on my studies!! Everytime i want to study, have a book in my lap I start thinking about all the worldly issues and hours go by!!! How am i ever going to pass if this keeps on happening sad sad My life long ambition has always been to be a doctor sad
And now i can see it shattering crying
Should i contact a psychologist?
What can i do?
Plx help sad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 am
Study in a spot without distractions and if you feel yourself losing concentration take a small break to get focused again.

I'm sure it's just mind over matter, you can try looking up study habits and see what works for you. smile  

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

Silpurangel

Lonely Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 am
itscatherinedude
Study in a spot without distractions and if you feel yourself losing concentration take a small break to get focused again.

I'm sure it's just mind over matter, you can try looking up study habits and see what works for you. smile

Thats the main problem! When i know that nobody is watching me I even close th book sometimes absent mindedly And theres this Android cell phone which i have it keeps me busy sad Am i addicted ???
thank u for replying smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 am
Silpurangel

No problem I have the same thing I get easily distracted, and it's so frustrating especially when I need to get something done ;c

Well just put everything away, turn your cell phone off ( even how hard it maybe) if all the distractions come from your room, go to a different place. Try and just eliminate the things that keep you from studying. It's hard to go on for hours, so like I said take a short breather, if you have to time it so you don't lose track of time.

Keep in mind studying!, you can do it you got this far don't let the little things discourage you smile  

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

Silpurangel

Lonely Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:11 am
itscatherinedude
Silpurangel

No problem I have the same thing I get easily distracted, and it's so frustrating especially when I need to get something done ;c

Well just put everything away, turn your cell phone off ( even how hard it maybe) if all the distractions come from your room, go to a different place. Try and just eliminate the things that keep you from studying. It's hard to go on for hours, so like I said take a short breather, if you have to time it so you don't lose track of time.

Keep in mind studying!, you can do it you got this far don't let the little things discourage you smile

but what if i try everything but just dont succeed?? crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:23 am
Silpurangel

If you really want it, you'll do whatever is necessary my friend. Have some faith in yourself smile if you already think you won't be able to, your that much father from succeeding.

It really is will power, can't just quit when it gets hard.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

don't give up!  

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 am
I know this might seem a little harsh but, if you really want to do good, you have to try your best!! Even if you fail the exams, you'll still know you tried your best and you can always try again in the future!!! Good Luck!!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:10 pm
Silpurangel
Are you experiencing "foggy brain"? Do you find yourself losing things easily? Do you forget things that were said to you literally seconds ago?  

Princesse Poison

Sweetest Muse

34,215 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

999 Sutcliff_Grell 666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm
Hey!! I have had the same thing! I went to study Chemical engineering... I did great, until.... well some call it depression. Not the kind where you don't want to live anymore but the kind where you just lose interest. I found myself failing and hating it. I didn't understand why and what was wrong with me!! I knew that I could do this because I've gone through so much as it was but for some reason it just didn't click. I sat down and asked myself what was really getting to me.. Well the answer was I got bored. I just did want any of it anymore. So after a long time of thinking it over I realized that if I am finding it boring and hating it now, why am I going into it as a career??? I sat down and decided to start all over again. I am now pursuing Surgery and I LOVE it!!! I feel like I can help people and I really love to study because it is interesting to me! I love to connect to dots of how the human body functions and simply find it incredible!!

Now, I am not saying that you are making a mistake and that is why it is hard. There might be something else that is taking away your concentration (boy, family, money, friends, ect.). But what I mean is I think it is a good idea for you to sit down and ask your self why. Why are you trying so hard? Why do you want this? Why is your dream to become a doctor? And (what I think is extremely important) is it worth it?? For me I loved chemistry! I loved to see the reactions and how you could mess with the different elements to create. But!! Even though chemical engineers get to do all of this, their main goal is to invent. Based on the specialty you are trying to discover something. I hated the fact that nothing seemed to come to me. But with surgery, I know what is wrong, how to fix it, and what I have to do. In chemistry there were too many unknowns.

Once you find the answers to the questions that I once asked myself. It should make sense. If you discover that it is worth it, you should understand that yes it is important. You should see that it is much more important than any of the distractions that you are facing now.

I hope this helped!! Also last bit of advice, if you don't force yourself to do it and get through it.. no one else will... It is your life and if your dream is really to become a doctor, go for it!! Don't let others distract you! If this is what you want, you are responsible for getting it! No one else will just reach out and get it for you.

Good Luck!! I hope you can work it out 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm
Silpurangel
but what if i try everything but just dont succeed?? crying

I used to think that way all the time.
Still do sometimes.
But the thing is, I realized that when I let myself think like that,
I found myself become afraid to even try.
I let a few things slip through my fingers.

So really, the "what if"'s that we keep asking ourselves are exactly that.
We have no clue if they'll even happen.
Great things come out of that, but we never know if we don't try.

Try. Even if you don't succeed, at least you won't have the regret of not trying.

Good Luck with the exams.
[we're samers! I wanna go into medicine too. (= ]

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm
User Image

I ran into major problems in college because of my anxiety and depression. I pushed through and graduated but hated my chosen field (music) for a while afterwards. Eventually when I was able to heal, I realized that I hadn't chosen the wrong field, just perhaps the wrong school. I also could have done better if I could've found a counselor who could help me work through the root of the anxiety and depression (I tried a few but never got deep enough).

Does your school have a counseling center? Maybe you should try talking to them and see if they can help you figure out why you're having problems concentrating. They might be able to teach you some coping mechanisms for when you start worrying yourself out of trying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm
Sounds like ADD. I myself have the adulthood version but there might be a chance that you have it too. Have you been tested?  

Mord Alushar

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff