Submit

Evanescent Phuck

Tipsy Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 pm
I'm guessing that since this is a guild for girls, that we all knmow what's it like to be bitchy or hormonal. We've all said things that we didnt mean.

Lately, my parents have been making me feel guilty about everything that I do in their house. They tell me that I use them for money every time I so much as make me a sandwich.

I have have job (a job that doesnt pay me![my mom wont let me quit]), I clean house, I do homework. I do everything a normal teenager would do. So, forgive me if I get a little annoyed everytime I get called a "user". Today, they told me they were kicking me out right then and there and that I couldnt take any of my stuff with me. My mom started yelling at me at the top of her lungs because I told I didnt want to leave. I wanted to stay..... and then after...I told her to stop yelling at me.

Right then and there, my dad grabbed me by the throat and threw me down and then grabbed my hair and started to drag me out the door. I fought back of course, I don't like being touched..... and they told me they were sick of me. Mom called me fat and ugly and I blurted out that I wanted them dead. I have no idea what came over me... because I don't. I just want to be respected... I dont want to be hurt....

I dont know what to do. I was never taught how to take care of myself. I dont know how to start when it comes to moving out and finding an actual paying job, although I have been trying to schedule a meeting with the county labor board for the past two months.

Please.... any kind words, help and advice is really needed... I need some support... What do I do? I'm not usually like this, but girls, I don't think I can take this any longer...... I'm ready to end it one way or another.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 pm
Taylamazing
I'm guessing that since this is a guild for girls, that we all knmow what's it like to be bitchy or hormonal. We've all said things that we didnt mean.

Lately, my parents have been making me feel guilty about everything that I do in their house. They tell me that I use them for money every time I so much as make me a sandwich.

I have have job (a job that doesnt pay me![my mom wont let me quit]), I clean house, I do homework. I do everything a normal teenager would do. So, forgive me if I get a little annoyed everytime I get called a "user". Today, they told me they were kicking me out right then and there and that I couldnt take any of my stuff with me. My mom started yelling at me at the top of her lungs because I told I didnt want to leave. I wanted to stay..... and then after...I told her to stop yelling at me.

Right then and there, my dad grabbed me by the throat and threw me down and then grabbed my hair and started to drag me out the door. I fought back of course, I don't like being touched..... and they told me they were sick of me. Mom called me fat and ugly and I blurted out that I wanted them dead. I have no idea what came over me... because I don't. I just want to be respected... I dont want to be hurt....

I dont know what to do. I was never taught how to take care of myself. I dont know how to start when it comes to moving out and finding an actual paying job, although I have been trying to schedule a meeting with the county labor board for the past two months.

Please.... any kind words, help and advice is really needed... I need some support... What do I do? I'm not usually like this, but girls, I don't think I can take this any longer...... I'm ready to end it one way or another.

For one, How old are you love? You need to report to this the police, They aren't allowed to treat you so harshly.
Two, Don't do anything rashly, I should know, I've been down the road.
Three, It's okay to ay such things when you're feeling hurt. It's understandable. Everyone has moments that way. You were just pushed a little to far.

If I may ask, are you an only child? and if so, why do they treat you with such horribleness?  

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 pm
Parents can lose patience to their children at some point, but I feel your case is too extreme because it involves physical damage.

I don't know how to help you, sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm
O w l - C h a n
Taylamazing

For one, How old are you love? You need to report to this the police, They aren't allowed to treat you so harshly.
Two, Don't do anything rashly, I should know, I've been down the road.
Three, It's okay to ay such things when you're feeling hurt. It's understandable. Everyone has moments that way. You were just pushed a little to far.

If I may ask, are you an only child? and if so, why do they treat you with such horribleness?

I have a little brother, which my dad tried to get him to help throw me out in the yard. He was going to grab my feet while dad got my arms. Because they compare with everyones kid.... My mom tells me all the time that she wants me to look like the "popuplar girls" at my high school.

I'm 19 and a sophomore at college.  

Evanescent Phuck

Tipsy Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm
Oh my god. Sweetheart, are you alright?

For starters, you do not use them, you are doing nothing wrong. I want you to understand that, okay? You did nothing wrong.

They had no right to treat you like that, and I agree with owl on this- you should tell the police that this happened (and from what you wrote, it seems like they are verbally abusing you, along with physical, possibly mental abuse). I'd suggest also talking to someone about this. If your college has a counselor of any sort, I heavily suggest you talk to them about this.

And sweetheart, please don't hurt yourself or beat yourself up over this at all, okay? Please, please don't hurt yourself.

I'm here if you need anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm
I agree with Owl, babes. Physical violence is just a no-no, and it shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, even family.

You really need to speak to someone like a rep or councillor. If there's no one in your area, or no one useful in your area, you'll be able to find support online and links to nearby centres.

I know what it's like to be a teenager and your emotions just escalate to crazy levels, but try to remain calm through these confrontations. Rising to it just makes it worse, you know?

I honestly think speaking to the authorities about a place of accommodation, even temporarily, will help you on your way. There's a lot of people out there with the ability to do that for you. Learning to care for yourself is something that's easily done; I wasn't really either, but bam; several books, google and youtube videos later, and I'm a changed person. I know a lot of people that had severe relationship issues with their family whilst they still lived together. Once they had flown the nest, those relationships began to mend. So hopefully this will be the case with you, too. <3

Overall, just remember that there's people out there that do care, and will do their best to give you the support and help that you need. And if you ever need to talk, we're always here for you and you can feel free to drop a PM to me whenever you want.  

Lozzieful

Tipsy Lunatic

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 pm
Lozzieful

Taylamazing

I Agree with what Lozz says. Even though you're nineteen and in college, you need to speak to someone. Get a new job as well. Try to get away from all the negativity in your life. And for your brother that's horrible. No one should be treated like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm
I usually would never even dream of hurting myself in way. I'm usually, so happy, but right now I have no idea whats going on... Don't worry. I'm safe, but how did you girls figure out how and when to move out on your own?  

Evanescent Phuck

Tipsy Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm
Taylamazing
I usually would never even dream of hurting myself in way. I'm usually, so happy, but right now I have no idea whats going on... Don't worry. I'm safe, but how did you girls figure out how and when to move out on your own?
When you have a job, and savings to buy stuff that you need for your appartement. Some people would share an appartement with friends, so they split the rent expenses.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 pm
Parents of our generation don't want kids anymore. They don't like them and they can't stand them. Kitten's father has passed and her mother hates her. Like not "oh my mom hates me", she actually has told Kitten she wants her to be found dead and wishes she never had her. The majority of the population shouldn't have kids to start with.

Kitten moved out at seventeen. Even when Kitten was to the point of being anorexic, her mother would call her a fat pig. Even when she didn't eat anything in the house, her mom would say she ate them out of house. The right time to move out is when your parents are abusive or eighteen. You should look into a paying job. Not being paid is usually illegal unless you're doing charity work.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. The hubby went through the same thing at nineteen, but he really should have left once he had a job.  

Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:56 pm
emotion_bigheart

I am so sorry this is happening to you. Please listen to what others have said here, seek help. Look for a paying job. You may be able to qualify for student housing too. Talk to your school counselors. If they even touch you again, report it to the police.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 pm
We're all here for you love. I have experienced that with my best friend. Please, contact someone; the police or if that's too out there then the Kids Help Line and a counsellor.

I can't really say much that'll really help because I'm no counsellor myself but just remember that all of us are here for you whenever. <3  

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100

The Terrible Trivium

Questionable Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:19 am
I agree you should talk to someone. It's a good idea to talk to the police about this so that there is a record of what happened. You should also talk to some experts who can give you professional advice. This website might be a good place to Start.

Your school should also have some good resources. Talking to a mental health councilor can be incredibly beneficial. I had to go to a councilor several times during college when dealing with suicidal friends. At first I didn't want to go but after actually talking to them I was really glad I had because they helped me a lot.

You should also talk to your schools housing office about opportunities to live on campus. They may have a scholarship or something to help you afford staying in the dorms. You could also look into any student jobs that might give you free housing. For example many schools give free housing to students who work as resident advisors.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 am
Everything gets better once you move out, away from your parents.  

Dankies

Chatty Autobiographer

4,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Enola Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am
Even though you're over 18, you should get in touch with the Department of Children & Families. They will be able to help you.

I went through a lot of family problems myself. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

HUGS!!! heart  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces