Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count
  +1
View Results

x-Alitacia

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 pm
I am here on behalf of my friend iMelsie who has just recently decided to take up digital art. She has applied to join the guild, but instead of waiting I told her I would do this for her. Anyway, like I said she has decided to take up digital art, and is looking for an art program, which she would be able to use on her laptop. Also some tips, or a tutorial for her would be great too! I will get her to post here as soon as she is in the guild. We would both really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Yours Sincerely,

x-Alitacia & iMelsie.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm
Digital artsing is fun!
emotion_kirakira

Personally, I love to use Sketchbook Pro for sketching (though I do use it for full artsu sometimes), which I then transfer to Photoshop Elements 10 for full fledged artsing and editing.
Both are inexpensive, if she plans on purchasing them.

As for tutorials, I'm not much help in this area but I have found a few nifty ones in deviantART. I like Phobs a lot. A LOT.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

x-Alitacia

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm
Thank you! I probably should have added she was looking for something....With out cost pretty much, but I will have her check them out.

v i n d e m i a m

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 pm
x-Alitacia

Well, I -lowers voice to a whisper- got Sketchbook Pro from a friend who downloaded it somewhere and I purchased Elements 10 because it was cheap at the time ($70) but you can find them online.
yum_puddi

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:45 pm
GIMP is pretty good and it's free. I think there are maybe one or two other free programs, or at least trials, but I can't think of what they're called atm.

Most people seem to use Photoshop or SAI if they are buying a program.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:50 pm
Thank you! I will have her look at GIMP too. She told me she has tried Sai, she thinks xD This is paint tool sai right? If so then that is the one she is currently using.

ll-Frantic-ll

x-Alitacia

Tipsy Fatcat

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm
x-Alitacia
Thank you! I will have her look at GIMP too. She told me she has tried Sai, she thinks xD This is paint tool sai right? If so then that is the one she is currently using.

You're welcome. ^_^;
Yep, that's the one! I see a lot of graphic artists using that program, actually, I have a few friends online that use it as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 pm
Haha she is finding it a bit hard at the moment, to work out how the tools work and everything. She was complaining to me yesterday about how everything is much more simple with hand drawn art, except the uploading of the pictures, since her camera broke and she hasn't been able to get a new one >.<

ll-Frantic-ll

x-Alitacia

Tipsy Fatcat

19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas