Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inuyasha Hateshinai RPG -GRAND OPENING- JOIN!!!

Back to Guilds

Come join and have fun as we redo the popular anime ^^ 

Tags: Inuyasha, roleplay, Sesshomaru, Kagome, anime, manga, videogame, tetsusaiga, Rin, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, tenseiga, Naraku, shikon no tamma, shikon jewel, japan, Kirara, Kaede, Kikyo, fuedal era 

Reply Sango's Chracter Creation Hirakotsu
Photobucket Requirement and Guide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LotusCurtiss
Vice Captain

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm
Okay, I prefer to use Photobucket.com to search for/upload all of my pictures. Spearate all of my pictures into name folders. It also makes it easier to edit pictures. It is free to create an account but if you want more space to store your pics once you run out of space, you must pay.

About every year to two years, photobucket goes through this site change and it mostely starts with the editor program they provide free of cost. Then follow it up with a site wide makeover overhull. I will provide steps to editing and cropping your pictures.

I will label the editors by the years so you will know if they have created a new editor.

Since it only takes me about five minutes of frustration to under stand the new editor and about ten minutes to think it over thirty minutes later. I will provide the basic instructions to cropping a picture, color change and adding words.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:38 pm
2012 Photobucket Image Editor

In 2012, photobucket did a major site overhull, starting with the editor. This brand new editor is a lot different from the past, it has a basic editor that you can crop and add words to, and the Advanced Editor that you can color change with.

I will go over how to edit a picture and what you should do.

Right now, I highly suggest that you create a picture album specificaly for this guilds use in Photobucket. Also, that you use a word document such as note pad, microsoft word or open office. You will use them to keep spares of your profiles incase, god forbid, that they were ever accdently deleted. That way you don't have to bother with making it again.

Please retitle your album and word document with the names below for easy retrieval below.

Photobucket Album Name: Inuyasha RP Chara

Word Document Name: Inuyasha Chara

I will now commence in how to tutor you to use Photobucket Editor.  

LotusCurtiss
Vice Captain

Fashionable Powerhouse

LotusCurtiss
Vice Captain

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 pm
2012-PIE

-How to Crop

I will tell you how to crop a picture, it is basically straight forward and pretty fast. For you only have to use the BASIC EDITOR!!

1. Select a picture that you wish to crop and choose "edit."

Now the image editor will open up. Admire its layout first.

2. Notice the "Adjustment" box, click it.

You will now see 20 new box's.

3. Click the "Crop" Box.

You will see width and heigth, you will need these for use.

4. Now, there is 3 by 3 square covering your picture, grab a cornor or side and move it. Pay attention to the width and heigth.

5. Adjust the size of the picture to the requirement that this guild wants.

Profile Skeletons: 550 tall x 384 wide.
PRO's : 400 tall x 114 wide OR 114 tall x 400 wide

6. Move the 3x3 box for you will now notice that the shaded regions are the regions that will be cropped.

Move it so it sits over the face or body of the character.

7. Click "APPLY"

8. If you don't like it, click "Undo" in the top right and repeat steps 2-6.

9. If you like it, click "SAVE AS COPY" in the top left cornor of the editor.

It will save the image and take you back to your album.

The next post will tell you how to add words.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm
2012-PIE

-How to Add Words

I will now how to tell you to add words to your cropped image. It will be a step by step process.

1. Make sure that you open up the cropped image that had you just finished making in the explanation above.

2. Once again, admire the layout in the editor after opening it.

3. Click on the "TEXT" box.

You will notice that 7 different types of text box's up: Dotted, Grunge, Handwritten, Novelty, Retro, Sans and Serif.

4. Select one of the 7 different typs of text box's.

Now there is a "Insert Text Box" and a "Font" Box.

5. Insert your text.

6. Find the "Color" box and change the color to the color that you want.

7. Now you can change the "Font" type. Open up the "Font" box to scroll through the many options, click on them to try them out.

8. If you don't like any of them, click "Cancel" and repeat steps 3-7.

9. Once you find the text that you like, you can rotate that text so its at a slant, vertical, or upside down. See the little circle to a stick that's attached to the box that your text pops up in. It will highlight blue when you hold the mouse over it. Click and rotate either way. Drag your words to the area that you want them to be in also.

10. Once you find the desired angle and placement for your text, click "Apply" box.

11. If you like how everything is, click the "SAVE AS COPY" in the top left.

The image will save and take you back to album.

I find it easier that you can rotate the Picture to the right or to the left before putting text on it. And that can easily be done through the "Adjustment" -------> "Rotate" steps. Too easy that no steps are required.

The next post will tell you how to color change.  

LotusCurtiss
Vice Captain

Fashionable Powerhouse

LotusCurtiss
Vice Captain

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 pm
2012-PIE

-How to Color Change

Now, I really don't like the color change techique in the new editor case its more of a color TINT instead of a color CHANGE. The old editor allowed you to completely color change, not tint.

But if you insist, I will put it up and let you experiment in how to take from a tint to a full on change then please post how to in the feedback forum so I can change the steps below after I see how its done for myself.

You must color change before cropping and adding words.

1. Have your selected unedited picture, click on "Edit"

Admire the Editor when it opens up.

2. Notice a blue ribbon with the words "Switch to Adavanced ........." Click on it.

Now, Admire the greatly advanced editor.

3. Exit out of the "History" and "Layers" box's, they will only get in the way.

4. Look at the untitled box, click the dark gray area in the cornor and drag to the bottom cornor to enlarge that box.

5. The "Navigator" box has a picture Enlarge slider, grab the slider and slide right to enlarge your picture.

6. The "Tool" Box has tons of cool gadgets but you only need the color change tool. You will find that three tools below the pencil tool. Click on it.

7. Nothing happens as you can see but...... Under neath the the top black bar is a grey bar with "Brush" open up "Brush" and select the brush and brush hardness but don't mess with the "Spacing" slider. Click outside the "Brush" box to close it.

8. In the bottom of the "Tool" Box allows you to chose your colors, but please bare in mind that this type of tool "tints" not "changes." Cause it "tints" it will not come out as the color that you so dearly want when you start to change.

Chose your color.

9. Go over the area that you want to change, periodicaly unclick after doing a small region so that way when you mess up, you don't undo a massive area.

Never never ever click the box for "Match Target Lightness," It will make your picture seem like a photo that had been underdeveloped.

10. If you are satisfied with your picture, go to "File" and hit "Save..." or use the short-cut "Ctrl-S" on the keybored.

Wait till the entire "Save Image" Box loads.

11. Name your picture. (optianal) A generic name like Key001 will do.

12. Select the folder/Album to save in. You must save it in the album "Inuyasha RP Chara."

13. Cahnge the "FORMAT" to "JPEG."

Once you do that, a "Quality" slider pops up, move that slider all the way to the far right for 100% quality.

14. Click "Okay."

Once you save, it will or will not take you back the the album. So navigate your way back to the album.

You are all done! Now you can create your profile!!!! and PRO's!!!

If PIE updates itself and changes or becomes brand spaken new, I will post the new editor instructions with the year it came out in.

Thank you, I hope you learned something new.  
Sango's Chracter Creation Hirakotsu

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games