Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 am

Someone just said the ugliest thing to me...
I don't think I'll ever forget it.

My poor confidence. It takes so much to build it up
and then one blow and it's rock bottom again.

What to do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 am
User Image User Image

What I do is this: back stab that person, but only in your mind. For example, if someone said that I'm the stupidest person in the world, I rationalize that that person must have found some reason to call me that. So, I go find something about that person. If he's/she's overweight for example, I'll call her Pig in my head. For me, it alleviates the pain because I turn the "pain" into anger.

You could also talk about it with someone close to you. It's not helpful if we keep all our problems to ourselves. A little sympathy from others will definitely help, plus their encouragement could perk you up.

I know how you feel right now. It really is a nasty feeling when someone does that to you. Hope this helps somehow.

emotion_hug

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:08 am
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image

What I do is this: back stab that person, but only in your mind. For example, if someone said that I'm the stupidest person in the world, I rationalize that that person must have found some reason to call me that. So, I go find something about that person. If he's/she's overweight for example, I'll call her Pig in my head. For me, it alleviates the pain because I turn the "pain" into anger.

You could also talk about it with someone close to you. It's not helpful if we keep all our problems to ourselves. A little sympathy from others will definitely help, plus their encouragement could perk you up.

I know how you feel right now. It really is a nasty feeling when someone does that to you. Hope this helps somehow.

emotion_hug

User ImageUser Image

Thanks so much! I'm sure this will help. emotion_hug
I don't want to let others get me down to their level.
emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 am
User Image

Sadly, it's hard for me to forget those kind of things. The best thing I do is get comfort from my friends or other people.

Example: an anon a few events back said I was stupid in the message. It made me sad, so I made a thread telling people that. I got some support, but of course the anon struck again. A few people said to ignore it, but that's not how I work.

Another Example: this one boy was picking on me in 7th grade. At the dance, it got really bad that I started to cry. My friends were trying to cheer me up, which worked to an extent. Someone saw me crying and asked what was wrong. I told them. I can't for the life of me remember what he was picking on me, but the person who talked to me managed to get this 8th grader to dance with me for a slow song. It really cheered me up to know strangers cared about my feelings.

If I actually had a backbone, I would totally try to get revenge, but I'm way too nice for that.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:14 am
Honestly I get called nasty things every day by strangers. I stopped caring when I realized my position over them. I realized I'm much better off in the long run and their anger is not truly my fault, but instead because of the choice they made. They are angry because they usually just lost a lot of money and need a place to place their anger, but not on themselves.

But what I normally do if its someone I actually know closely, I just kinda work on other things to bring my mind off it. Work on helping other people and their problems, instead of staring at my own. I start doing other things to avoid dwelling and eventually forget. But that's just me.

And sometimes just witnessing their own Schadenfreude is enough to make me feel better ;p  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 am
User Image

I get made fun of on a daily basis.
I get yelled at or make people upset on a daily basis.
I mess up a lot, and idk it's like I'm a target for people.

I have learned to just think about what they said and why it was said, then see what I did to make that person say that then learn from it.
Sometimes people are just mean, there is nothing you can do about it but just take it, don't stoop to their level.
Take their crap then forget it, ignore it and be happy.
You have a lot to be happy for, if people wanna be mean to me then they can and thats fine but I'm not going to stop being happy and cheerful. c=

I'm a bit slower than most when it comes to common sense and thinking. I get called stupid, dumb blonde, retard, good for nothing...
People yell at me to "use my damn head" "pull my head out of my a**" "how can you be so dumb and function" oh and my favorite one so far "why bother to leave your house? You're so stupid you wont amount to anything so why bother?"
It hurts like you wouldn't believe, makes me cry sometimes but I just push through it to prove them wrong, I might be slower than some but I know I'm not worthless. <3

User Image

PSM Guild Mule

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 am
o0Roxy0o

Thanks so much! I'm sure this will help. emotion_hug
I don't want to let others get me down to their level.
emotion_bigheart

User Image User Image

Your welcome heart
      Think positive, it will do you wonders~

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 am
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image
I mess up a lot, and idk it's like I'm a target for people.

User Image

That's exactly how I feel. It feels like out of everyone
that people could fight with, they always pick me. And for
no good reason too.

I can tell you one thing though, you're not slow. And even if
it takes you a little longer to catch onto things than most people,
it doesn't make you good for nothing. Everyone has a purpose.
emotion_bigheart

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 am
emotion_hug

You just have to take things one day at a time. You can't please everyone. There are always going to be idiots and naysayers that will try to drag you down even if you are the sweetest person in the world to them. You have to keep your head up! We all love you here Roxy and if we don't we shouldn't be here because you created this guild and made a home for us! Just remember you aren't alone in the world <3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 pm
If it's not someone you're close too or know well, don't let it affect you at all. When it comes to random people trying to put you down, just look the other way. They don't know you, you don't know them and if they can't even be bothered to show some common courtesy then obviously their opinion doesn't matter at all adn they're not worth your time. However, if it's a loved one that says harsh things those are alot harder to deal with. I usually just walk away and give myself sometime to calm down and later go back and try to talk with them and see why they said what they did. I try to remember that no one is perfect and we all have our problems, but don't let anyone ever walk all over you, you don't deserve it.  

ringo-no-ki

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff