Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 pm
I don't know.
Confidence is just something I have struggled with quite a bit.

Confidence in how I look. What people think of me. Stuff like that.

I want people to like me, so I'm afraid to be myself.

Just figured I'd bring it up. Another topic to talk about.

Any suggestions on bringing up my confidence?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:21 pm
The key to confidence is not caring. No really, that's it. XD Just relax and be yourself. If people like you when you're not being yourself, they they don't really like you, now do they?

If there's something about yourself that you don't like, then change it. Otherwise, why care what other people think about you? No matter who you are or what you do, there will always be someone that doesn't like you for some reason.

As long as you be yourself, it doesn't matter what other people think about you. Because it won't change the truth. =D

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:07 pm
Jinxed Tarot Card
The key to confidence is not caring. No really, that's it. XD Just relax and be yourself. If people like you when you're not being yourself, they they don't really like you, now do they?

If there's something about yourself that you don't like, then change it. Otherwise, why care what other people think about you? No matter who you are or what you do, there will always be someone that doesn't like you for some reason.

As long as you be yourself, it doesn't matter what other people think about you. Because it won't change the truth. =D
Totally agree ! ^^
I have low confidence too... I used google to find webpages about How to build your confidence lol ! XD ... Kinda help a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm
Find people who like you for you.
That usually helps me with my confidence. If I can act like a nerd around you, if I am comfortable in my skin, then I feel good about myself.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

yuintakie_yuki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 am
same, im having problems with my confidence
just surround yourself with great friends who love from who you are
also what i do, i force myself to go for it rather than stop and think then later on regret
furthermore
try telling yourself repeatedly positive comments
it sometimes helps^^  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm
Everyone struggles with confidence in one way or another no matter who says they dont. I say when you're not yourself, you deprive the world of the amazing person that you are. Yes we all have our weird, odd, crazy whatever ways you want to call it, but that's what makes every person so different and amazing! If the world was to have everyone the same, it'd be pretty boring and dull. Where do people think fashion trends come from? It's not from people who all dress the same way, act the same way. It's from the people who are willing to step out of the box no matter how crazy the idea is and take a chance. heart  

lunaofmars

Mellow Marshe

Dapper Dabbler

2,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 am
Jinxed Tarot Card

You know this is something that took me forever to learn?
I finally just had to come to terms with the fact that some people arent going to like you. Youre not everyones favorite flavor, and while there may be many many people who think youre great, you cant please everyone and you shouldnt try to.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 am
KittySongLUVsJONASBoys
I don't know.
Confidence is just something I have struggled with quite a bit.

Confidence in how I look. What people think of me. Stuff like that.

I want people to like me, so I'm afraid to be myself.

Just figured I'd bring it up. Another topic to talk about.

Any suggestions on bringing up my confidence?

I have the same problem. I have self-worth and self-confidence issues... mostly streams from my abusive ex. I've been struggling for the past year to bring it up. What I do, is write down on a piece of paper all of my talents, gifts and things I like about myself. (:  

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Forever_Rose09

Shirtless Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Pusher 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:26 pm
I know it's been said a million times before, but find people you feel comfortable around. If you keep worrying about what others think, you'll never be able to be who you are, and that isn't good. You can't please everyone; and that's the truth. But at least find the people who will accept you for who you are.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 pm
I know it took me forever to respond.
But know, I read each of your responses as they came. (=

Jinxed Tarot Card
Oi, that's a hard thing to make yourself believe. Because for the longest time, no one ever told me that I was worth it or beautiful. So my self confidence and how I think of myself is very small.
I mean, the first time someone told my I was beautiful was when I was fourteen and it was my brother who told me that, actually he called me gorgeous.
He said " "I was walking to the door and I thought to myself 'who is that gorgeous girl sitting by the computer?' And then I walked in and I was like 'oh hey! That's my sister!' " I almost started crying.
But anywho, it's not something about me that I don't like. It's just I'm terribly shy and for some reason I really care what people think.
I would love to be one of those people who just doesn't care what people think about them. And one day I hope to be one of those.
Thank you so much for your input. heart

XxAriaxX
Google eh? Sounds familiar. Though I never found anything useful.
Thanks for taking the time to read this though (=

MommiiDearest
Yeah... I have two girls, they are my best friends and I can be a total weirdie aound them. It's great.
And then there are these other girls I am friends with, I'm pretty sure I could be myself around them; but for some reason I don't. Not to the fullest extent possible.
I don't say my opinions much. But that's also a shy thing.
Thank you.

yuintakie_yuki
Hmmm, I think I've heard that before but thanks.
Like... What kind of positive comments? (just to get my brain rolling)

lunaofmars
Okay... Even though I don't know you. The "redded" point made me smile.
Okay... I'm sure I knew that somewhere in my brain, but I am going to work on putting that into my heart.
Thank you for saying that.

Mellow Marshe
Oh my goodnes. I am so guilty of that. Now that I think about it, sometimes I try to please everyone.
I'm a kind person (so everyone tells me) so I really don't want to hurt people so I think instead I try to please everyone.
Maybe that's one of the reasons... Maybe my brains just frustrated with not being able to please everyone.
I guess I can try to stop that.
Thanks for stopping by.

Silver Koneko
Awe... I don't understand people like that, as mentioned above. I can't stand hurting people, sometimes it feels like it hurts me more than them >.<
But seriously, it makes no sense to me how someone can be abusive.
I hope you're doing better.
Ooooh, I've read that somewhere. I think I'm gong to sit myself down and try that sometime.
Thank you for sharing. heart

Forever_Rose09
Okay, yes it's been said a lot.
But everyone says it in their own way so I take different things from it every time.
Thank you lots.
And thanks for the quote.
I never thought about it like that.

Thank you so much for your posts girlies.
                        They help more than you think.
                          Don't think for one second that your posts were weird or that you shouldn't have said anything.
                            I appreciate your posts all equally.
                              Thank you all. heart

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm
You're welcome ^^!
Yep, when I use google I would find website like '' wiki how '' and it would be a article written by people on the web that share ''tutorial'' on anything !

Just try to type How to be confident.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 am
KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

depends on the situation, normally the phrase i use is "i can do it" never say "i cant"
for instance, youre training for varsity for basketball and you cant seem to dribble right
keep on repeating "i can do it" "i can/will dribble" "i can do it right" and so on...
your subconscious will react to what you say/think to yourself

yuintakie_yuki

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:43 pm
Silver Koneko
I have the same problem. I have self-worth and self-confidence issues... mostly streams from my abusive ex. I've been struggling for the past year to bring it up. What I do, is write down on a piece of paper all of my talents, gifts and things I like about myself. (:

I had a very, very abusive sister when I was growing up, so I kind of know how you feel. :C I'm constantly beating myself up and obsessing over everything I've ever done wrong in my life.

A lot of my insecurity nowadays comes to me when I draw, so I'm dealing with it by stepping out of my comfort zone a bit and working on more full-body shots in different poses. When I am doing those kinds of drawings, I try to make it a point to finish them rather than losing interest because I think it looks crappy.

Quote:
Awe... I don't understand people like that, as mentioned above. I can't stand hurting people, sometimes it feels like it hurts me more than them >.<
But seriously, it makes no sense to me how someone can be abusive.
I hope you're doing better.
Ooooh, I've read that somewhere. I think I'm gong to sit myself down and try that sometime.
Thank you for sharing. heart

I think a lot of people who are like that on a regular basis have insecurities they consciously take out on other people. My sister was most definitely one of those people when she still lived at home, and she took every opportunity she had to make herself feel better at my expense.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm
yuintakie_yuki
Hmm, thank you.

Super Fightin Prototype
I guess that makes sense. Sorta >.<
But then that's just me, most things that involve hurting people don't register well in my mind.

Good luck with your drawings (=

Heh... I tend to do that. I don't draw often, but that;s mostly because I think I suck at it. (Though I know I would get better if I just work at it)
I just tend to lose interest if I just can't get it right.

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

Mord Alushar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 pm
try focusing on the awesome things about yourself rather than the negative.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff