Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Application Quests
Trelos Krykni; Blueblood (Revised and Ready!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.==> Be the Scarer of Trolls

Name: Trelos Krykni
Trelos - Greek for crazy
Krykni - from Kryk, Belasrusian for scream

Blood colour: Blueblood, #00228A

Symbol: An :< ghost

Personality: At first glance, all you see is Trelos, Scarer of Trolls (he picked the title himself, isn't it grand?). He loves scaring, loves Terror Night, and loves hearing trolls scream their horns off. He's also rather... out of his lawnring if you know what I mean. Hatching on Terror Night will do that to a troll. Trelos is only slightly out of his mind, not near the levels of the purplebloods, but enough that he always has some sort of maniacal grin on his face. He's constantly heard going "eheheheheheh" as he moves, and its become sort of a thing he can't stop anymore.

Beyond his insanity, Trelos is an astute blueblood who knows his place in the castes (but that won't stop him from trying to scare the purplebloods too), and rather enjoys his blood status. He enjoys redecorating his hive every few weeks, or days depending on his mood, and particularly enjoys making his hive look like its Terror Night all sweep long.

On those rare days Trelos isn't laughing at everything and jumping out of bushes, he's actually very interesting to talk to. He reads ghost stories and frequently goes around looking for ghosts. He likes mysteries as well, and a good book can put Trelos 'sane' for a good long while if you need him quiet. Fruitbatmom keeps a bookshelf full of these sort of books, just in case. As any blueblood, he is prideful of his rank above other trolls, though perhaps he doesn't stick to the Hemospectrum as much as his Lusus would like him too. His only real problem with the redbloods is that they have pesky mind abilities that make it impossible to scare them. He can't scare them if they know he's coming!

Otherwise, as long as they aren't trying to kill him or pull pranks on him, Trelos doesn't pay anyone any mind given their blood color. He'd rather have the widest selection of possible victims-- I mean test subjects--- I really mean participants for his scaring tactics.

Strengths:
Like a Ghost: Trelos is incredibly good at vanishing behind bushes, doors, trees, Lusii, and other trolls. For all the sound his shoes make and the rustling of his sleaves, Trelos can vanish out of sight with a laugh and a distraction. He uses it the most to scare other trolls, but has been known to do the same to authorities and his own Lusus. Its suspected later in life Trelos would be good at getting information, perhaps.

Bibliophile: Trelos probably would never outright tell anyone that he reads books. And likes it. It would totally destroy his ability to scare trolls and be insane if they knew a good book could sane him up. He really loves books, almost as much as he loves Terror Night. Almost. He enjoys mysteries and books about ghosts and crazy adventures. From these stories and one about military life and popular stories, Trelos has picked up tactics and methods for his scaring tactics. Such as, hiding in a tree to ambush another troll, or using buildings and echoes to make it seem he is everywhere at once.

Artistic: Trelos takes pride in decorating his hive and his set ups for his scaring. He is incredibly artistic, often times doodling sketches for his next scare or the next holiday in a large notebook his Lusus gave to him. While his color theory is not always something that makes sense (certainly, bright neon colors go together, of course they do!) or the patterns he choose are not always the best (mudsplatters and blood drips overlaying lawnrings) he takes pride in the art he does. He works hard on his art and tries to use it in all of his scaring antics. Whether it actually helps or not.

Echolocation: A trait Trelos picked up from his Lusus as a wriggler, Trelos can use echolocation to navigate in the dark. It's not a perfect ability, and most of the time Trelos just does it to hear the echoes. But he emits a sound from his throat, much like a bat does, and listens for the rebounding echo to tell him where things are. Not that he exactly hears the right echo most of the time, but he's still practicing how to use it.

Flaws:
Claustraphobic: Trelos hates, hates, hates small spaces. He despises basements because there is no way out of them, and he'd been locked in the same tiny space too many times. If Trelos ends up in a tiny space, the troll panics like he's being culled and scrambles to find (or fight) his way out of it.

Easily Distracted: Do you have something shiny in your grasp? Is there a moment of complete calm in the group? Or is it in the middle of a very important engagement? There's a high probability that Trelos won't be paying attention. He's easily distracted when it come to anything other than his scaring. He needs to be told many times to do something, and even then Trelos probably won't get to it. His attention span changes rapidly, usually combined with giggling and vibrating from jumping up and down in excitement. Scaring and his books are the only things that really keep Trelos engaged. Even then, there are times when he just won't pay attention at all, something his poor Lusus struggles with constantly.

Excitable: If it wasn't bad enough that Trelos can't pay attention to save his hide, he gets incredibly excited from the smallest things. A new person falls into his trap? Excitement. You need everyone to be quiet, but Trelos sees a shiny object? Excitement. Fruitbatmom brings home peaches? EXCITEMENT. Most of his excitement is expressed through creepy giggling and his entire body practically vibrating in place. As terrifying this might be the first few times one encounters it, it can quickly turn annoying and down right insulting at times. Being so excitable usually means Trelos will screw over any covert, attention intensive mission unless someone gets him to focus and be quiet. A feat even his Lusus still hasn't achieved.

Noisy: Trelos is noisy. He's not necessarily loud, but there is constant sound coming from this troll. He's either giggling or his shoes are vibrating against the ground, or his arms are flailing and making his sleeves flap. Even asleep Trelos makes noise, usually snoring and sloshing about. While he tries to be as quiet as possible for his scaring antics, enviably something is making sound on him. This means that he's usually easy to find, and can be tracked with relative ease. On one hand, this means that your group will be easily spotted by those rescuing them. On the other, it means the seadwellers will most definitely know if you're trying to steal their fish.

Weapon: Kusari-gama, or the 'chain-sickle'; Simple chain with a scythe-shaped weight at the end.

Appearance: See to the right!

Home: Suburb

Lusus: Fruitbatmom, commonly referred to as Peaches (whatever peaches are, of course). Peaches is a relatively large lusus, at fifteen feet from wingtip to wingtip, with an extra set of limbs at the shoulder joints like front legs. Peaches is not quite big enough for Trelos to ride, but that's fine with him as he spends most of his time under her wings, cackling like mad. She doesn't quite enjoy that her charge is so... off in the head, and tries to teach him morals, and the way of Alternian life. Usually to disastrous effects and lots of scared trolls.

She does try to feed him fruits and keep him healthy as best she can. He's a blueblood after all, above most of society, and she wants whats best for him. Which occasionally means she locks him in the basement for his own good, even though he hates it down there.

They still haven't come to an understanding about that.

Power: N/A  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 am
Bumping just so peeps know he's ready for critting/accepting/being shot down into a basement twisted  

a-disgruntled-dragon

Galaxa13

Welcoming Perfectionist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 am
If you want accepting/staff crits I suggest that you post in the submit for review/acceptance thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm
Oh lol duh. xD This is why Scowl should not work on stuff at 3 am.

Why thank ya Galaxa.  

a-disgruntled-dragon

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 pm
hi hi! trelos looks good, i dont have any quarrels with his personality section.

his strengths and flaws though, needs some touching up.

like a ghost reads fine, but i'm a bit confused by the last sentence. by good at getting information do you mean good at sneaking around and stealing information? the way it's written kind of sounds like he'd be good at getting it via gossip or smooth talking. i'm not sure how to re-word it better tbh O w O;;

how is loving books a strength? i understand how it can be, but you haven't really written it that way. like, how does it help him in everyday life? you've written that on the rare occasion that he feels like having a normal conversation, he'll sound well-educated, but that's something that doesn't seem to happen all that often. for strengths and flaws we're really looking for stuff that shows all the time, or skills that he draws on and uses regularly. might he draw from popular troll scary stories and legends as well as creating his own scare tactics based on troll military campaigns where fear tactics were used?

if you want to add more strengths and flaws, you mentioned he likes decorating his hive, does he have an artistic eye or flair for style that he might use to impress other trolls with his 'performances'? or maybe he's good at thinking strategically, due to his practice and experience setting up scary traps and ambushes. if you do add on more strengths, and want to balance his flaws, i don't really have anything to add but you could break down insanity into the various flaws that it encompasses? (easily distracted, overly excitable, noisy, etc :3)

all i can think to add is has he picked up any habits from peaches? i'm not sure how interested you'd be, but his constant giggling might be something he'd be able to use for echolocation? or perhaps something that he's still yet to perfect, idk it seems like an interesting idea~  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 pm
Hnng so late. Totally not cause I was avoiding it.

Oh! Oops XD He'd be good at sneaking around and listening in on stuff. I doubt Trelos would actually smooth talk for information xD

Yeah I sort of... groped for strengths and weaknesses for him which is why they're sort of fail. He was all "I SCARE YES!" and didn't give me anything else -.-;

Hm! I didn't think of him picking things up from popular stories and military campaigns to use in his scare tactics. That is totally a better idea!

As for others...Mm artistic sounds good; I can see him using it as a distraction for his scares or trying to impress someone with it. I think he could be good with strategic thinking, though it might be more prevalent when he's a teen (as I think he'll be more stable in the head by then, and able to actually use his strategies with others).

I definately can expand his insanity out into numerous ones; there is a lot there that can be explained on.

And... I never concidered echolocation. Could totally be a skill in the making but that's an awesome and interesting idea! -goes research that-

Thanks for the help! I will go rewrite that section and repost it soon!  

a-disgruntled-dragon

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 am
>> << If I'd know it would be that simple to edit him, I would have done it a month ago.

In any event! I've fixed up Trelos and am ready for another looksy!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 pm
Hey Cat! Trelos is looking great. I've just got a couple of notes here for you and you'll be good to go.

*tiny nitpick: claustraphobic --> claustrophobic*

The way that Trelos is written, he seems to be an excitable kid who can't sit still unless he's focusing on his very specific interests (which he puts all of his time into), and has limited social awareness -- in fact, he doesn't sound particularly "insane". It sounds more like he's autistic, which is a perfectly fine model to go after for him if you so choose! In that case, I'd be wary of using the word "insanity" to describe him, particularly with its harsh and broad implications. I've always been touchy about using the phrase "insane" in general to describe psychological issues for a variety of reasons, so that's just me.

If he's really off his rocker, I'm not entirely convinced that he has a "sane" mode and an "insane" mode that's implied, or that he's out of his mind. On the other hand, if other people consider him to be out of his mind, or if that's a just subjective perspective of him, then that's something else entirely. I'd consider making that clearer, because he waffles between being "cuh-razy!" and "not so crazy, and a pretty cute kiddo".

For his Bibliophile Strength -- I'm still not convinced of this as a strength, though it's very close. Again, I don't particularly understand his "insanity"... So he's aware of it? Is he proud of being "insane"? Or is it just that he wants to be scary, and feels that when he's sucked into a great book his guard is down?

The other thing that makes this strength (and to some extent, his Artistic strength) off is that they are both used specifically for his scaring purposes. When he's not setting up for a scare, how does he utilize what he's learned from books or doing art? Does it make him smarter? More imaginative? Make sure his strengths don't become useless if he's out of his element and isn't able to be the Scarer of Trolls. smile

The only other thing I'm tossing around is his Like a Ghost Strength and his Noisy strength. Even though you mention that regardless of his noise he can vanish out of sigh, I can't imagine it would be very useful for hiding (without intending to scare others) as you describe -- particularly in hiding from the authorities, his lusus. Basically, you can't see him, but you can hear him, so you know he's there. Other than for scaring, how does this come in handy?  

Sypon
Vice Captain

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:11 am
-kicks Trelos- Stop being hard to characterize!

I suppose. Honestly when I first created him the only thing he had going for him was that he's this noisy kid who's excitable and liked scaring. -smacks him around a bit-

Hmm. That makes sense. He is more autistic or ADD than insane. He just -sounds- insane when he giggles, I think that's what it is. It's more his almost nonstop giggling than how he acts otherwise that gives him the look of someone off his rocker. I want him to be that kid that the other trolls look at and go "... uh.... you... okay....?" and he just keep on giggling or muttering away.

As for the book one... I think I might scrap it and try for something else. It's not working for his character. Not sure what I'll put in place of it though.

For the sound thing, he can be quiet when he needs to be, but he's always sort of muttering. I was thinking he could use it to try to disorient his targets. Be in constant movement around them, but always giggling so they're not quite sure where he is. Might make him a bit quieter though when it counts. I also wanted him to be relatively easy to, well, notice. I was thinking towards character growth and when he's a teen being much more stealthy and 'calmer' when it comes to his scaring.

Sypon
Quoting for help and/or suggestions!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:00 pm
Whoops! Sorry Cat. I've been very busy but I can give you a quick little re-review while I'm at it to help you out a bit. *u*

Sounds like you're getting a better idea for his character -- I'd say the biggest thing is to commit to his personality choices. I think he's wonderful as an excitable kid, so if you're happy with that aspect of him I'd really nail down that part of him and then work on the finer details.

I might look to give him some more dimensionality where, when he's not scaring, he stands alone as a character. Of course he's always looking for chances to scare, but when it doesn't particularly benefit him, how does he act? Or is he always "in the zone"?

Character growth as far as his noise-level is great. I think that if you add the idea of that disorientation to your initial description or focus on that aspect more than the "stealth" aspect (at least as a child), it will be more compelling.

I don't know if I'll be able to give a much more in depth help for now; you're welcome to post in the main thread for suggestions as well! c: Good luck! He is really looking fine though. Keep chugging away.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces