Good Place To Buy Skirts?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 am
So, I've decided I need to invest in some skirts and dresses because it's hot where I live and for some odd reason my jeans now cause my entire lower body to sweat. <_<;

I haven't worn skirts or dresses since I was like, 7 or 8, so I have no idea where to buy them. Every time I look for some in stores I go to they only have mini skirts or really short dresses. I'd like some that are around knee length.

Where do you girls buy your skirts and dresses?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 am
I get really ones from hot topic but you could go to walmart or forever21, pacsun i think, well really any mall stores lol. (forgot alot of store names sweatdrop )

people tend to buy online as well but i dont like doing so cuz i like to try it on cuz even if you know your size the material or whatever can make it so that it is too small or too big. or they lie about the size on the site.  

KayaTesagi

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 am
I tend to buy a lot of vintage. And if your looking for knee length or lower i think its definatley something you should look into. Unless you buy sixties vintage dresses are longer. I like fifties, the dresses are calf - knee length and can be worn in lots of ways, plus are made to a much better quality. All the skirts in stores these days tend to be super short, i have a few topshop dresses for going out but there super short and with my fat thighs i cant really wear them in the light of day whee  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:48 pm
KayaTesagi

Thanks! I'll check next time I go to the mall. I have seen one at Hot Topic that liked, but haven't been to those other stores before.

I have no idea what my size is right now, so I'd have to have exact measurements if I bought anything online.

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS

I like fifties clothing, but I've never seen a vintage clothing store anywhere and the thrift stores never have anything I like. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I have thick legs and a big butt, so shorts, mini skirts and short dresses aren't good for me. XD And I'll most likely be wearing leggings or tights with my skirts and dresses.

Thanks for the advice! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm
I find used/thrift/etc are a good place to get skirts, haven't had much luck with dresses, though. They are usually older, 60's-90's,
softer/easier to wear, unique and most importantly, cheap. Just wash them really good after you get them, to be safe xD

Elinoire

Eloquent Explorer

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:58 am
I love Ross and Goodwill! But I'm a cheapskate lol! Hot Topic has some sick styles but they are way outta my price range! I like to take clothes and alter them in some way to fit my style so it helps if I don't spend too much money on them in the first place since they're gonna get cut and changed anyways.

I know what you mean about too hot for pants! Nine months out of the year its BBQ weather here! 4laugh .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 pm
Try Charlotte Rouse. They have some nice ones there. Target has some knee length ones.  

Lady Anonymys

Durem Citizen

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 am
Ellie the Magnificent

Dagera

xXTeal BloodXx

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I haven't checked Ross or Target for clothes before. There don't seem to be many skirts out right now, thinking I might have better luck in spring.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 pm
User Image

I'm different. I actually get most of my skirts from thrift stores, like Goodwill, and modify them. Either that or my mom and I make them. We also by stuff on clearance from other stores, like Walmart. Normally, they would be a dress that we modify into a skirt. We once bought two Junior size dresses and modify it into a skirt.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm
Ooh! I love skirts.
I buy most of my things second hand, like Goodwill, Salvation Army, Out of the Closet, Buffalo Exchange and other little thrift shops. You'd be surprised at what you might find!

... another place I love is Ross. It's slightly more expensive than second hand, but it's a little cheaper than mall stores.

Forever21, H&M, Wet Seal, and Charlotte Russe are my favorite mall stores, but I rarely buy things from there. $19 for a crop top? That's not even a full shirt! D:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm
Marnomy

Thanks for the suggestions! Usually dislikes going to thrift stores because I can never find things I like. Maybe it's just the ones in my area. And yeah, those mall prices are insane sometimes. XD

Rubai Sora

Thanks for the advice! I wish I new how to sew so I could modify things or just make my own clothes. =(

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:45 pm
Jinxed Tarot Card

Thanks for the advice! I wish I new how to sew so I could modify things or just make my own clothes. =(

User Image

Ah.... That could be a problem.... I'm still learning from my mom. A good place to start is to learn how to do a running stitch. Sewing machines make things so much easier, but it is possible to do it all by hand. I have a friend who doesn't know how to use a sewing machine but can still make really nice stuff by hand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 pm
Rubai Sora

I'd probably end up sewing my fingers to something with a sewing machine. XD I might be able to do stuff my hand easier, even if it did take longer.

Do you know of anything online that helps to teach how to sew by hand?

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 pm
Jinxed Tarot Card

I'd probably end up sewing my fingers to something with a sewing machine. XD I might be able to do stuff my hand easier, even if it did take longer.

Do you know of anything online that helps to teach how to sew by hand?

User Image

That was my mom's concern with me.... But my attention span is better then when I was younger.

Um, I don't know. I learn by a combination of ways. I used to watch my mom sew when I was younger and I learned in middle school as well. I also went to a panel on how to make Lolita clothes one year at a convention. Best way is to do a search.

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff