Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
~>My Necrons<~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:29 pm
These...these are my CRONS. Not one thing is metalic on these bad boys!

[x] [x]-Spyder
[x] [x] [x]-Triarch Stalker
[x]-Deathmarks
[x]-Scarabs

Ok So i started making some warriors and desided i didnt like them with the green tube things, so i did a slight conversion on them with some of my other bits, but i took some pics of the comparison...

[x]-First try at warrior
[x]-A comparision.
[x]-Group shot

I also have a few other things on the go, you might of noticed in the pics i am in the process of building a sectional board.
[x]-Start of the board

And I am building/ painting a Doomsday arch...its taking some time cause i have to paint it in 10 diff peices then glue it all together...its a pain but worth it.
[x]-Doom Arch part assembled

Oh yeah you may also notice that i have taped everything on my board up. theres a reason for that. i plan on coating all the scenery with textured paint and cant have any of the foam showing or it will melt, simple really.

More to come with future updates.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm
-reserve-  

II Deagle II

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 pm
Wow! Keep the pictures coming!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 pm
working on it but this arch is taking forever D; i have a command barge in route though. should be here in a few days.  

II Deagle II

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:11 am
I really like this colour scheme, the glowing blue is especially cool!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 am
A nice clean scheme topped off with some interesting glow effects. An interesting take and departure from the drab old metals and greens. I'm looking forward to more of this.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm
4laugh thanks for all the good feedback. my arch is almost done, so im planning on painting my Wraiths next  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 pm
That really is some pretty awesome work. The glow effect is very realistic, and I like the departure from stereotypical Necrons, and you did it right! Any chance of a WIP sequence where you show exactly how you layered up to that glowy effect?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm
Hey all,
Sorry iv been super swamped with work and some life stuff so its been pritty hard pressed with this project, but i finished my Arch and a few other random peices to take my mind of all the BLUE!!!!

[x]-[x] Doom Arch

[x]-[x] Nid Warrior

[x]-[x] scythe of the emperor
Mkay the space marine is pritty lame but i seen it in the new rule book and wanted to give it a shot haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:34 pm
DarkElf27: Ill try to make a little free time to paint a warrior or somthing step by step. its pritty simple though.
Chanted blue, then you thin it down with white. a 1:1 ratio, leaving some of the layer showing threw.
Then after i go to a 3:1 white to blue. and after that i jush add some idk how to explain 10:1? white basicly in the bigger areas and the center of the orbs.  

II Deagle II

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:03 am
II Deagle II
DarkElf27: Ill try to make a little free time to paint a warrior or somthing step by step. its pritty simple though.
Chanted blue, then you thin it down with white. a 1:1 ratio, leaving some of the layer showing threw.
Then after i go to a 3:1 white to blue. and after that i jush add some idk how to explain 10:1? white basicly in the bigger areas and the center of the orbs.
So you prefer cutting a color with white, instead of going from one shade of blue to another? Hmm. The result is pretty stunning, so I might have to try that, I've never been a huge fan of mixing paint.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:58 pm
DarkElf27
II Deagle II
So you prefer cutting a color with white, instead of going from one shade of blue to another? Hmm. The result is pretty stunning, so I might have to try that, I've never been a huge fan of mixing paint.
yea actualy its my first try at mixing down paints. :3  

II Deagle II

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 am
II Deagle II
DarkElf27
yea actualy its my first try at mixing down paints. :3
Well it definitely works! Stick with it!

So the Doom arch and everything's done, what else have you got coming?

I'm honestly not as much a fan of the Tyranid. The carapace and scythes look great, but the body looks like it got a uniform red ink/wash treatment. Is it still a work in progress?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 am
Sidebar, I was thinking for a minute and realized that your Necron paint scheme would work tremendously well on Tau minis, with the black/grey for the plates, and the blue coming up between the cracks.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm
I have some Wraiths, Immortals all primed and ready to go. and my Command barge.... ohh how i am gonna dred that kit. I have to keep my eyes on the prize haha otherwise ill end up with another half started army, haha. though iv been thinking about making a Nids army. based around heavy hitters and Garg's

Its funny that u mentioned Tau,cause this kinda got me thinking about a Cool Tau theme. ( Iv heard rumor Tau are next to be Updated, so i might wait on that)  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff