Reply 33. ✿ - - - Parenting
How did you know? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rose Han

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 pm
I am not a mother, not yet any ways. I was just wondering how did you guys know you were pregnant with your kids. Also, how long till you found out?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:43 am
With my first child I found out when I was about 3 weeks along. Due to a medical condition my cycle isn't regular so if I have gone more than three months without a period I tend to take a pregnancy test just in case and that is how I found out I was expecting her.

With the twins it was a bit different. Again I was testing just in case and it came back positive, but I also was having extremely bad pain on my left side of my abdomen, the doctor thought I had an ectopic pregnancy and sent me to the ER for an ultrasound. Laying on the table in the ultrasound the tech asked me if I knew their genders, I said what and turned toward the monitor, on the screen was a clear image of two babies. I was three months pregnant at that time.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 pm
Like Mercy, I have a very irregular cycle. My husband and I had been having unprotected sex for 7 months, then he lost his job and I told him we had to go back to protection.

But, January came around and I would be starving but food would disgust me. I just put it to depression, because last time I was severely depressed, I lived off of soup. I didn't want to eat no matter how hungry I was.

Eventually I got around to taking a test. It was the first pregnancy test I took via peeing in a cup, so James and I were in our room when we got the result.

I was in shock, happy happy blissful, and then in denial again. I was afraid that I had messed up the test somehow or maybe my body was faking being pregnant. I was around 9 weeks when I found out.

Then I heard the heartbeat and it was heaven.

My mom told me that she knew both times she was pregnant right away without taking a test. I'm rather jelly of her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:22 pm
MercyWild
With my first child I found out when I was about 3 weeks along. Due to a medical condition my cycle isn't regular so if I have gone more than three months without a period I tend to take a pregnancy test just in case and that is how I found out I was expecting her.

With the twins it was a bit different. Again I was testing just in case and it came back positive, but I also was having extremely bad pain on my left side of my abdomen, the doctor thought I had an ectopic pregnancy and sent me to the ER for an ultrasound. Laying on the table in the ultrasound the tech asked me if I knew their genders, I said what and turned toward the monitor, on the screen was a clear image of two babies. I was three months pregnant at that time.

surprised You had twins?!?!? I bet they were a handful. Were they both the same gender or opposites?  

Rose Han

Rose Han

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 pm
Digital Fiend
Like Mercy, I have a very irregular cycle. My husband and I had been having unprotected sex for 7 months, then he lost his job and I told him we had to go back to protection.

But, January came around and I would be starving but food would disgust me. I just put it to depression, because last time I was severely depressed, I lived off of soup. I didn't want to eat no matter how hungry I was.

Eventually I got around to taking a test. It was the first pregnancy test I took via peeing in a cup, so James and I were in our room when we got the result.

I was in shock, happy happy blissful, and then in denial again. I was afraid that I had messed up the test somehow or maybe my body was faking being pregnant. I was around 9 weeks when I found out.

Then I heard the heartbeat and it was heaven.

My mom told me that she knew both times she was pregnant right away without taking a test. I'm rather jelly of her.

Well congrats, I m guessing you instantly fell in love as soon as you heard the heart beat. Its amazing how a mom and baby bond works.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:38 am
Rose Han

surprised You had twins?!?!? I bet they were a handful. Were they both the same gender or opposites?

They are quite a handful. They are both girls, we think they are identical, we found out to late in the pregnancy for the docs to be able to tell for sure. They are almost 4 months old now.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Tute Sweet

Dainty Doll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:16 am
I had a bit of a cramp in my stomach, that felt like a period pain only... different.
This sounds stupid, and I'm not sure if you'll know what I mean, but say a period pain feels like it's moving clockwise, this pain was like anti-clockwise.
Very similar, but like it moved differently.
That was my only symptom.

Anyway, I'd been off birth control barely a month, so I must have been no more than a month pregnant. I tried a pregnancy test just to see, and got a big fat positive.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 am
I found out a few weeks after I got married and I was 7 weeks by that time! I found out because I didnt get my girly thing and so i took numerous tests  

ilover1508

IRL Lover

13,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm
User Image

How I found out...

Well a week after Sept 5th everything just pissed me off.
I kept getting mad and and I would overreact to everything.
I was really moody and didn't want to eat cause anything foodwise made me sick.
Well due to my pissy attitude the boyfriend took a break and went to his moms. I was a week late and I took three tests all different brands all positive.
I told him and he came home rather quickly lol.
He is so excited!
Our first dr appt is the 29th of October.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:25 am
I didn't find out I was pregnant until 10 weeks. whee I still had my regular flow during pregnancy up until the 2 or 3 month! There was this weird feeling I obtained when I was pregnant so around 10 weeks is when I grabbed pregnancy stick & tried it out! After that, I couldn't believe it so I bought 5 more pregnancy tests and tried them out spradically!  

digital iiroko
Moderator Assistant

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:51 am
I found out on the first day of my missed period, but my husband knew the moment of conception apparently. He told me he "felt pregnant". lol

We were trying for a baby, but this was the first actual attempt sans protection. I thought we missed the boat because it was the end of my ovulation cycle and we didn't have sex again for a couple days. My boobs started hurting really bad andI had aches in my front abdomen, but not in my back like a period. I told my husband I was either pregnant or something was wrong. I took an at home test at 3wks 6days and got a very pale pink line. I took 2 more at home test, then went to the doctor at 4wks 1day, the earliest they would see me.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:25 pm
I found out probably when I was 4 weeks along. I hadnt got my period and my room mate at the time was all paranoid I was so she made me take a test and at first it was a very pale positive but it looked as though it could've passed for a botched test so the next morning we bought another and it was a positive. Though I was pretty sure I was pregnant before the test, and I am 99% sure I know just when the conception happened haha. Now I am just glad to have my beautiful 16 month old baby girl who atm is fighting off a stomach bug she caught from her cousin ):  

Mehlenna

Heavenly Lunatic

11,750 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

Hypocoristical

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm
I had a miscarriage in early November, 2001. I lost a son, 24 weeks of gestation.

After that, I was promptly put on "The Pill", and I guess I was taking it improperly (Oops!), and conceived around Easter of 2002. I didn't realize it until I was close to 6 weeks along. At that point, I was terrified that I would lose this baby also.

Going to my first doctor's appointment, my OBGYN urged me to get an ultrasound as soon as possible, to make sure this pregnancy would keep.

Went the next day, had my ultrasound done, heard a heart beat. My fears were at bay, for now - until my OBGYN called me in, to talk about the results. Again, totally fearful!

She told me I was measuring way too much amniotic fluid, for the size of the fetus, I was to be rushed to a different hospital, for a better scan. Got there, the same day - laid down on the table and got my ultrasound. The look on the tech's face was. . .well, scary. He told me to wait a moment - PANICKED AT THIS MOMENT! He left to get a doctor.

Doctor came in, looked at the screen and said, "Oh yeah, that's two heads". O__________O;;
WHAT?! Haha! Turns out, I was having twins.

Long story short, I have beautiful twin almost ten years old daughters. :3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 am
With my daughter i had no clue i was pregnant i have always been irregular with mother nature so therefore thought nothing of it and was not getting any pain or nothing. I was working a lot at the time in a care home so i was pretty much tired all the time due to that but then i began to feel sick but not being sick and i decided to take a test. BFP and i told my partner when he got home and was so excited then it hit him hed have to tell everyone haha

With my son it was different i had been trying to concieve and we kept getting BFN month after month and then one morning i woke up and felt weird. I could not describe it, i just did not feel well at all, i did not feel sick just really out of it. I took a test and saw a extremely faint line. I knew then i was pregnant full on and i had back pain, sickness, tiredness from day one til a month before he was due.

I took a test again two weeks later and boom much darker BFP i was 3 days pregnant when i knew and three weeks pregnant before the strong positive.  

Angelic_Highlights

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 am
I actually knew the moment my son was conceived. It was a strange feeling, but I felt the engagement of the egg and sperm... not on such a tiny level but yeah. After I felt that I just stared at the father and said "F*ck". I got weird cravings a couple days later, like wanting pickles, and ramen with hot sauce. I ate nothing but ramen w/ hot sauce and pickles for 2 weeks. Then, my appetite disappeared. I wasn't hungry at all. At the time I was 93 lbs and I could see a small bump right next to my right hip. If I leaned back it would stick out farther. I started feeling sick in the morning and I kept trying to avoid taking a pregnancy test because... well... I was 15 and my dad wasn't exactly the type to be welcoming to the idea of a grandchild. but I missed my period twice, and at school I had to get a shot from the doctor or I was gonna get expelled. So I went into the doctor with my dad and I asked the doc if this shot was going to harm me or my child granted I was pregnant. He said yes. So, we did a "pee in the cup" pregnancy test and as I already knew, I was pregnant.  
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff