*UPADATE*Upper lip hair? >_<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:19 pm
How much is too much? I've been told I have a mustache by one of my guy friends. (That's so rude!) Now I've been worried about it! D: I don't really think I have one but maybe that's just because I'm use to it being on my face. Maybe other people notice it, but I don't. :C I was thinking maybe I should wax it but I'm not sure. I Googled it up but I've gotten a mix on answers. Some say the hair grows back slow and finer, but some say it grows back quickly, darker and thicker(Which would be HORRIBLE!) Has anyone else waxed their upper lip? (And for how long exactly? I'm looking for years of experience with this. XD)How did that work out for you? I feel self-conscious. :C

(I have a naturally tan skin color with dark hair)

Update 8/18/13
I know I made this thread awhile back but I thought I should update it. Not too long ago I found out that my sister, mom and even one of my best friends waxed their upper lips. What the heck?! So, with their help and encouragement, I decided to get mine done. It's been about two days now since I've done it, and I feel so different. I actually got acne on my lip. emo My sister said it's normal and that it'll go away eventually. Let's see where it goes from there.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:25 pm
Normally I get my upper lip and eyebrows threaded once a week.. but because I've been doing it for years the speed that my hair grows back actually prolonged, so now I don't have to do any fixing for at least 3 weeks until you slightly see it again.. (wow that was a long sentence) loool!

the point is though... if you're comfortable then it shouldn't matter with what your guy friend says... and in all honesty... you shouldn't care! give him the finger and move on.. loool don't let it bother you... that's what I would do at least...

emotion_yatta  

Tofu-Bot

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 pm
Tofu-Bot

Bahaha thank you. :] Well said, I wish I could tip your post. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 pm
I use an eplilator (spelling? it plucks out the hairs for you) when I notice them. So, once a month roughly? I don't think it'd get to the point of once everyday.  

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 pm
User Image

We have a lady at my Walmart who works in customer service and has a very noticeable and ugly stache going on.
Everyone makes fun of her behind her back which is rude and terrible, unless you want to go through that I suggest wax it, or use nair on it.
Just don't shave, shaving is what makes the hair darker and grow faster.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 am
If it is really dark and thick, then I would wax it. I wax every 3 weeks and my hair is fairly light (because shaving makes your hair turn out thicker and darker.)

But remember, do what you think is comfortable.  

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 am
Mallori_Cantare
If it is really dark and thick, then I would wax it. I wax every 3 weeks and my hair is fairly light (because shaving makes your hair turn out thicker and darker.)

Hair grows from the root and shaving it only affects the surface, so doing that won't make it grow back thicker and/or darker. It might appear that way because the hair doesn't develop a fine point until some time after it has been growing.

Also, I've only noticed this on myself when plucking chest hairs, but sometimes there is a dark spot on the hair when it starts coming back. This could easily be mistaken for a thicker hair but unless it was dark from the beginning, trying to tweeze it always reveals it's some kind of residue since it comes off on the tweezer and the hair is still there.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:39 pm
Super Fightin Prototype
Mallori_Cantare

Hair grows from the root and shaving it only affects the surface, so doing that won't make it grow back thicker and/or darker. It might appear that way because the hair doesn't develop a fine point until some time after it has been growing.

Also, I've only noticed this on myself when plucking chest hairs, but sometimes there is a dark spot on the hair when it starts coming back. This could easily be mistaken for a thicker hair but unless it was dark from the beginning, trying to tweeze it always reveals it's some kind of residue since it comes off on the tweezer and the hair is still there.

ahh, okay. I get it now.  

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 am
I have the same problem but nobody has said anything so I guess it's not that noticeable but when I look in the mirror it soooo noticeable to me : ( ... I might wax it if it is the best choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm
Sorry to drag this topic back from the dead. XD
I have a similar problem, but I use tweezers and hair remover when it starts getting out of control.
My friends don't usually bring it up, but my own mother... She acts like I'm a bearded lady from the circus if I don't do something about it every few weeks...  

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

miaxloveless210

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:06 pm
i shave it i never tried waxing before but it seems like it would hurt alot >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:29 am
Chemism

i thread them o:  

l panda san

Generous Vampire

7,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200

kinetic-weapons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 pm
miaxloveless210
i shave it i never tried waxing before but it seems like it would hurt alot >_<

Waxing only hurts for a second while plucking is pain for longer. I really recommend it because you don't have to do it every day/ other day and it doesn't grow back thicker and darker. I use a cheap kit from target and just a warning, do it before you go to bed because it may leave redness for a little bit, if you end up waxing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:05 pm
Updated this thread. c:
Thanks for helping everyone!!  

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:05 pm