I Think I'm a b***h....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rooney Faire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm
What should I do?

Okay, I have this friend who's been through a lot. Like, things like depression, self image issues, illness and just plain awkwardness.
To me, she was fine in the beginning, I've only know her for about 5 months or so, but we got 'closer' during the last month or so.

The problem is, is that sometimes I just can't stand her. She's a gorgeous girl and she doesn't believe she is, calling herself fat all that time and saying she's worthless. Me and her other friends (the one's i introduced her to get her out of her house) tell her different because it's true.

She also has an immune disease that sometimes can get pretty serious, but she doesn't take it seriously whatsoever. It pisses me off because I have family members with the same disease and it can sometimes be crippling for them, but she acts like its not important, even when she's in obvious pain. One time, it even came to the point where I had to get and slice her medication because she 'didnt feel like it' trying to be cute and lazy, you know. And I was furious.

Then, there's the fact that I try to get her to open and date. Not to be mean, but I would say that I have more friends and a social life than her. But I try to let her out to get her to meet my friends and new people. She always annoyingly complaining that she wants a boyfriend, but she NEVER leaves the house or even tries to talk to the ones that obvious check her out.
There was also an incident where I tried setting her up with a friend of mine... Then I realized she was crazy. Like, she knew when he would read her texts and sometimes he wouldn't reply (because WORKED, landscape) and she would get crazy and self conscious. Finally he broke it off and I talked to him as to why, and apparently she was saying things like 'I see us having a future' and 'You and I have this connection'

She's acts like a know-it-all, she's self-centered, depressing, she treats her family horribly, she's clingy and a bragger.

But I still hang out with her, only to gossip and s**t talk her later because her personality makes me want to rip out my hair. But she's started to notice that I've been weird around her, because I just don't like her anymore.

I don't want me and my friends (who sh*t talk her as well) to leave her because she has no one else. But I don't want her having fake friendships.

What do I do?
(Btw, thanks for reading my rants :/)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm
Oof. I know that feeling. You want to help someone, you want to "save" them, or at least help them see how awesome they are, but they're so set in their ways that it's like talking to a wall. You care, but it doesn't feel like she cares that you care. I have a friend just like that, and it's really frustrating I know. The best thing to do, in my opinion, would be to just give her some space. Stop trying to help, and let her make her own way for a while. You should still be her friend, but I found that spending a little less time will help remind you why you liked her in the first place... I ah, hope that helps.  

Alice Kensington

Rooney Faire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 pm
Alice Kensington
Oof. I know that feeling. You want to help someone, you want to "save" them, or at least help them see how awesome they are, but they're so set in their ways that it's like talking to a wall. You care, but it doesn't feel like she cares that you care. I have a friend just like that, and it's really frustrating I know. The best thing to do, in my opinion, would be to just give her some space. Stop trying to help, and let her make her own way for a while. You should still be her friend, but I found that spending a little less time will help remind you why you liked her in the first place... I ah, hope that helps.

Yeah, I hope so. I've never had anyone like this before. Either i like someone or I hate them.

But she literally has no one else to go to. She's already depressed, and I take that very seriously (even tho she doesn't).
Like, she's very clingy and she needs a lot of attention, but she's so depressing and almost no one can stand her.

Like, me and a few friends planned to go to the beach and we let it slip to her and she was like 'F*** you, screw you guys, like seriously' and in the end, she practically invited herself by making us feel bad. And all the people (like 6 or so) said, 'Yeah, that was pretty rude' and said sme other pretty scathing stuff.

I wanna change her to make her better, but I want a friend, not a project...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm
Rooney Faire
What should I do?

Okay, I have this friend who's been through a lot. Like, things like depression, self image issues, illness and just plain awkwardness.
To me, she was fine in the beginning, I've only know her for about 5 months or so, but we got 'closer' during the last month or so.

The problem is, is that sometimes I just can't stand her. She's a gorgeous girl and she doesn't believe she is, calling herself fat all that time and saying she's worthless. Me and her other friends (the one's i introduced her to get her out of her house) tell her different because it's true.

She also has an immune disease that sometimes can get pretty serious, but she doesn't take it seriously whatsoever. It pisses me off because I have family members with the same disease and it can sometimes be crippling for them, but she acts like its not important, even when she's in obvious pain. One time, it even came to the point where I had to get and slice her medication because she 'didnt feel like it' trying to be cute and lazy, you know. And I was furious.

Then, there's the fact that I try to get her to open and date. Not to be mean, but I would say that I have more friends and a social life than her. But I try to let her out to get her to meet my friends and new people. She always annoyingly complaining that she wants a boyfriend, but she NEVER leaves the house or even tries to talk to the ones that obvious check her out.
There was also an incident where I tried setting her up with a friend of mine... Then I realized she was crazy. Like, she knew when he would read her texts and sometimes he wouldn't reply (because WORKED, landscape) and she would get crazy and self conscious. Finally he broke it off and I talked to him as to why, and apparently she was saying things like 'I see us having a future' and 'You and I have this connection'

She's acts like a know-it-all, she's self-centered, depressing, she treats her family horribly, she's clingy and a bragger.

But I still hang out with her, only to gossip and s**t talk her later because her personality makes me want to rip out my hair. But she's started to notice that I've been weird around her, because I just don't like her anymore.

I don't want me and my friends (who sh*t talk her as well) to leave her because she has no one else. But I don't want her having fake friendships.

What do I do?
(Btw, thanks for reading my rants :/)

If you feel as if you have a "fake friendship" then end it. It'll save you & all parties involved a lot of hurt in the end. Trust me, NOTHING is worse than the feeling that you have been betrayed by someone who you thought was your friend.

I have a friend that I love dearly & she's the only one that I have, but sometimes she gets under my skin massively. Actually, her & i got into our first big fight a few weeks ago over something that I'm not going to share on here. Anyway, we're back to being friends now.

The point that I'm trying to get at is that sometimes you have to be completely honest with your friends in hopes that it'll shine a reality light down on them. & their reaction is their own thing. You can't be at fault for feeling the way you feel, exposing that, & then the friendship fails.

It's just best if you're completely up front & honest about how you feel about your friendship & then see how things go from there  

BellaRose2011

Friendly Regular

20,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items