Submit

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:04 am
I went in to Gamesday with a lot of high hopes. Some were dashed on the hard rocks below and others were met. Having arrived over 2 hours early I was in a great spot for the INSANE rush for the Forge World booth once they announced the event open. After a short sprint I was in the first 40 or 50 in line, and boy was there a line. Forge World brought quite abit more merchandise this year than last, but of course it still wasn't enough. After I escaped with my life and my new Spartan I headed for the Black Library. I picked up the new Horus Heresy novel about the Blood Angels and went to check out. The Armies on Parade competition was close, except for one entry that had everyones jaws on the floor. It was a Dark Eldar army on a spiked mountain of a base. The theme for the army was serpentine. There was a large structure made in the shape of a snake that wrapped itself around the central pinacle. The Raiders that were in the display had cobras or other snakes formed into their prows. The part that really made it was that every Dark Eldar had individually painted scales on their exposed flesh.
TheGolden Demon's were a close run competition. There were too many fantastic models for me to really take it all in.
One model that was not part of any competition that I saw that was ab-fab was a Phantom Titan coverted for the Dark Eldar.
In the employee armies there were a number of great armies. One was a Mechanicus army that had us falling all over eachother to get a closer look. Another was an Ogre Kingdoms, the main focal point was captured Land Ship with a female Ogre tied to the front like a living figure head.
In conclusion there was way too much GW merchandise, not enough variety of Black Library, too little Forge World, a lot of Apocalypse games, and NO 1 on 1 games at all. I had a good time, but frankly was a little disappointed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 am
That's games day for you! wink  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash