Submit

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:19 pm
User Image There was a storm brewing on the horizon, the scent of wet air and ozone drifting on the wind and angry black clouds in the distance. The clouds here were still white and harmless, with a bit of sun peeking through, but the storm was coming. All the local creatures knew this, and were seeking shelter.

Except for Ebon. She was beating paws rapidly down a game trail that led to the path that would take her up the mountain to the high cliff she usually went to. This was going to be a spectacular storm, she was sure, and she wanted to be there to greet it properly when it started! She'd taken a nasty summer cold that kept her curled up and miserable the last time a good storm came through and she was not missing this one.

And anyone who tried to "talk sense" to her about it today was getting a good swat on the nose. She was not about to let anyone make her late for her storm watching!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 am
User ImageShe gazed out across the horizon her ears moving back and forth picking up the sounds, or lack of sounds, every animal was running for shelter and very few birds still sung, hardly a cloud in the sky "A Storm is coming" She said to her mentor whom she sat beside with her bulging belly, she glanced down at it, why couldn't they just get out already... uhg she adjusted her wings before looking again at her stomach.
User Image
Sightless eyes stared out at the horizon, he gave a quiet nod. "It is," he agreed every one of his senses told him the same "you should seek shelter for the sake of your children." he sat with his tails curled around his paws, mostly so he could feel where they were to keep them out of the way.

Marcia huffed "why? It's not like I care about them that much, They can stay with their father as soon as they are born," the male that had impregnated her seemed over eager to have the children, even as she said that some part of her wanted otherwise though she did her best to bury that part of her, being a mother didn't suit her, she didn't think, it was going to be a royal pain to raise kids when she could be out there doing things. Other kitsu even gave her more consideration... She was having kids she wasn't Dying!

To Marcia's Answer Ran just chuckled "Your own voice speaks otherwise, children will not make you any less a warrior than you are." he assured her. Ran could still feel a look of defiance coming from marcia that last bit was true though he felt she needed to hear it at least from someone who knew her before she went gallivanting again and put her children in danger. he simply smiled back at his student, "go find shelter" he urged as the wind seemed to pick up he felt the ribbons tied to his arms pick up and move with the wind in his fur he glanced skyward. "soon you won't be able to fly go now."

Marcia respected her master to much to say otherwise, she gave a defeated nod, "I will see you again when the storm is over..." she stood at the edge of the cliff spreading her green bird wings wide, "There is a cave a ways down." she glanced up to see Ran nod, the disabled kitsu would be fine, he did always seem to manage somehow, it astounded her sometimes how he was able to. "Goodby Master," she said and gave a little bow before leaping off the cliff in search of the cave she had found earlier...

With her seeking safety his ears had been hearing someone else, he wondered why, especially when such a storm was coming, he looked down the path and waited.

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:59 am
Ebon wasn't expecting the decidedly vibrant warm tones that decorated Ran's body, nor was she particularly expecting another individual up on these cliffs. The final surprise came when she saw that it was one of her own people; people she didn't really know anything about, since she was barely able to walk when her mother brought her here, and barely able to fend for herself when she left. But she wasn't about to let the sour taste of her mother's lack of parenting skills ruin an encounter with what she was going to assume for the moment was a fellow storm watcher.

Her metallic ribbons fluttered wildly in the strengthening breeze, and she couldn't help stretching her fins out to feel the wind rushing past them. Sometimes she was sorely dissatisfied with the fact that they weren't true wings. To actually fly in a storm...!

"Out to enjoy the show?" She asked of Ran, finally turning her attention properly to him rather than to the thrill of the growing strength of the gusts of wind.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 am
Sightless eyes stared at the approaching kitsu as his ears listened he could hear the rustling of ribbons not his own, was she a kitsu like himself? Ran wondered. but her comment caught him rather off guard, he had long forgotten what a storm looked like, it hadn't occurred for him to 'watch' the storm. He was strong enough, but what difference did it make if he couldn't see it?

"No," he answered simply "There is no longer value for me to stay here and watch such sights," he explained bringing a paw to his eyes as indication for the other in case she didn't realize on her own. "And who are you whom seeks the storm?" Ran asked the other kitsu.

He gazed out across the valley once more, before standing. he didn't know why, but her enthusiasm bothered him despite his ability to sense so much more around him without his eyes, he still longed for them to bring color back to his dark world.

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:55 pm
Ebon peered closely at his eyes when he raised his paw, realizing what he was getting at almost immediately. She hadn't really been paying that close of attention to the male just yet, and hadn't realized before that moment. She approached him slowly after he questioned her identity, and perhaps her purpose, getting what was probably a mite closer than necessary to his face before she answered. "I'm the Storm Chaser. If you want my name though, you can call me Ebon."

She turned into the wind, spreading her fins again. "And you've gone blind in more than your eyesight if you think you need to watch to enjoy this show. If I was just going to look at it do you think I'd come wandering all the way up these cliffs? One wrong move up here in the storm-winds and I'd be blown off to make a stain on the ground." The wind kicked up a notch, and there was a flash of lightening followed by a peel of thunder. "You can still feel the power of it, can't you? How alive it is?" She grinned. "At least I hope you weren't waiting up here to get blown away."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 pm
He could sense her closeness to his face and he chuckled a little, so many had done that before, his ears were fine even if he couldn't see. "Well met Storm Chaser Ebon, as you have offered your name allow me to offer my own I am Ranmyaku,"

His brow raised, the made an interesting point, though it had been long since anything had stirred his interest to cause rise to his adrenaline, even training kits no longer brought him the same joys. the electrical discharge in the distance tingled the blind warriors fur, it would be an incredibly fierce storm.

Ran gave her a nod "I can feel it, This storm will be the fiercest we have yet this year." he shook his head slowly "no I was meeting my pupil." he explained his reason for being here.

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm
Her reasons for drifting so close weren't because of his handicap. It was because Ebon wanted to make quite sure he wasn't able to ignore her. She would outright sit on him if she felt it was required of her. She leaned in once again, giving the blind warrior a scrutinizing gaze. She could tell he was a fighter; his build, even the way he sat gave that away. But there was no fire in him to match his coloring, and she felt that there should have been something there. Just... something more than that dull look.

"You need... to wake up." She said it bare inches from his face, a trace of concern actually coloring her tone. "It feels like you're asleep in there." She stepped back and peered around for a moment, then smiled to herself. "Well... I don't think you were waiting here for me, and I don't see anyone else. So why don't you come with me? There's still higher to go before the storm truly finds us." Or maybe he was waiting for her, but neither of them knew it? Ebon had never felt that coincidence was truly just an accident.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 am
It was true much of the fire that used to fill Ran had burned down to simply embers and coal. though she pushed closer yet, and he sat perfectly still despite the wind as it started to pick up, only his ribbons and spines moved with the wind.

He didn't say anything for a time only thought, though his pose didn't change, it had become habit for him to just sit and in such a strange manner without giving an indication of his intention. Though, Ran had found her enthusiasm refreshing as for why? he couldn't quite place it. Maybe the storm was finally getting to him like it did for Ebon. It was a strange coincidence, that's all, maybe he knew her words rang their truest.

His tails twitched, as he rose, he gave her a slight nod "Lead the way." he could follow her well enough based on her footsteps and how far away they were but he's have to keep his side to the cliff.

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:08 pm
"Right then." Ebon gave no more warning than that before she was off. Her pace was not so rushed and reckless as it might have been were she alone, but that didn't mean she slowed to a careful pace for Ran's sake either. Her spot was calling, where the storm sang the truest. She trusted he would either keep up, or give up... and while that would be sad, if he did give in then there wasn't anything the storm could do for him.

A higher cliff yet was her aim, partially shielded by an odd arrangement of avalanche and erosion long ago. When the wind howled through the hollows in the rocks around it the storm sang, but it wasn't quite time for that yet. Partly shielded though the spot might be there was a strong wind toward the edge, and when they reached it Ebon could not help drifting toward it to spread her fins in the growing gale. "You know if I had wings I'd be up there. He'd let me I think, instead of knocking me down like he does most of the others. I think the Storm King just laughs at me as it is. But it's ok, as long as I get to be part of it."

She folded her fins back then, and crouched low, proceeding carefully toward the edge of the cliff. All Ran would hear would be the sound of some small trinket jingling as she untied it from one of her ribbons and set it on the edge. A gift for her storm, one of her old favorites in apology for missing the last one. Even as she back away the wind rushed past the edge, taking the trinket in an almost possessive grip. It jingled almost frantically even as it faded away in the wings of the storm, to end up who knew not where.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am
And she was gone, so quick Ran was stunned unable to move for a moment, it seemed her reckless pace was slower though not as slow as he would have liked, Ranmyaku closed his fins He'd prefer not to get swept up by the winds and stay safely on the ground. He couldn't see when he was in the air as well without feeling a hard surface.

Ranmyaku ran with her, as best he could listening and feeling his way up the cliff. A bit slower he did however eventually catch up to her picking his way up the mountain face, the wind began howling now, though he could feel once he reached the spot the wind wasn't as strong within, it was safer, aside from being as high up on a mountain as she was.

The god of storms, huh, Ran's sightless eyes gazed up at the storm "Perhaps instead he has asking you to join him hoping you will grow wings." he offered, listening, it sounded like she was giving an offering to the storm. "Is that your offering to the Storm King?" he asked

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Kitsusagi Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers