Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm
Jesus first.
Others second.
Yourself last.

Do any of you girls follow this believing?
I read about it in a book, Plain Truth, which was about an
Amish (Plain) girl who was being charged with murder.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm
eek What happen to the girl?

Hmm...Something similar, the second and third thing is a lil iffy for me. whee  

Nu Sanniang

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 pm
(I'm going to skip over the whole "Jesus first" thing because I honestly don't believe in God any more. I'm not going to argue with anyone who does have that sort of faith, so it'll be a non-issue here.)

Yourself last? No. No, no, and no. No.

This is just plain wrong. This is why so many women end up sick, hurt or impoverished. It creates low self-esteem by telling us others are more important than we are.

It's bad enough that we're expected to take care of everyone else! If we don't care for ourselves first, how can we be in any shape to attend to others' needs?

Putting others before yourself is only admissible in certain circumstances, like when it's your family, or the eventual result is to everyone's benefit.

In fact... let's make this the Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt take good care of thyself so that thou mayest take care of others, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 pm
~User Image~

It's a balance between 2-3. You don't want to forget yourself and be last of people to care about but you also should value others in higher regards and help as many as you are able to WITHOUT putting yourself last on the voucher.

Nu Sanniang

SkyEvermore

Loyal Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:09 pm
I think it's a good way to look at things. It's hard to follow it all the time, but it's worth trying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:31 pm
My first time seeing this... mantra? I believe in the last two very much, though. Looking at Gigi's comment, she makes a very valid point all around. I think if I followed her words more often I'd be better off, too whee  

The Maharani

Lunar Adoration

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 am
That's a good way to look at things. JOY. I try that. I do. I'd say I'm good at it. ^^ I like helping others. Well, so do most other Mormons you talk to. Most Mormons are happy people, with joy to serve others ^^

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm
I don't really put Jesus first. But I do always put others before myself. Especially every morning. I feed the animals and do a few chores before I even have breakfast.  

Clasela
Crew

Completely Vile

Lonely Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:07 pm
I don't put fictional characters before myself, thanks.

I put others before myself... unless it's a hindrance or danger to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:49 pm
~User Image~
sighs, hmmmm

Nu Sanniang

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:36 pm
Chreiya
I don't put fictional characters before myself, thanks.

I put others before myself... unless it's a hindrance or danger to me.

I like you cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 pm
most others first ( As in don;t put people who are abusive or unworthy before you but obviously those in need come before you, Never be afrid to put yourself ocasionaly though wink )
You second except as said before. Sometimes you have to come first to save yourself.
As an atheist, At least as someone disbelieving of organised religion, the big J has to come last.  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:19 pm
*sigh* Ladies this honestly makes me break into tears to read alot/all of what your posting. crying crying crying
My Jesus is Real. How I put him first in my life? I read my Bible every Morning before school and say a Prayer.
Helping others. That is all i really want to do for my career. Helping people.
Myself? I doing well, I have a mom and a dad, siblings and a house over my head and food.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 pm
This is the best sort of "mantra," as it was earlier put, to have handy. The lord is a huge aspect in my life, and I *try* to put him first. I also put others in need of help in fore of myself. I am happy to place myself at the latter end, because I believe that if I help others, I am helping myself. Stick strong to your beliefs, as they help shape who you are. If you do or do not follow Christ, then let that help define you. I personally, am a Christian, but not of typic denomination.  

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:19 pm
I always put my friends first before myself as far as Jesus I have not been to church in years I do believe in God but after all my screw ups in life I am sure he has written me off.  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff