Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Fan Fiction
Follower [Avatar:LoK Fanfiction. Constructive Criticism<3]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 am
So this involves an original character created by me who aspires to become an Equalist. It's quite possible that I may write more.

I hope you guys enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 am
"Today's the day, Hummer." came the sound of a silky female voice. An earthy-green cloak billowed about a tall and willowy woman as she walked the streets of Republic City. Yes, today was the day for Munashii and her urban panther companion, Hummer. The abnormally large cat let out an apprehensive huff and simply padded on, thick tail swishing behind him and stirring dust from the ground.

"Guess you're not exactly fond of working with the Equalists then," sighed the woman, folding her hands behind her head as they kept moving. Munashii's mention of the Equalists brought an excited grin to her face. The Equalist leader, the masked man who went by the name of Amon, was an inspiration to her. An idol. Maybe even a hero to her. His quest for Equality was a magnet to many, including nineteen year-old Munashii. A world, where benders would disappear and non-benders would rule. Everyone would be Equal.

His recent call to arms drew in a lot of followers, Munashii and her panther companion included. It was because of this that they made the long journey from the city of Omashu to the great Republic City. Munashii couldn't wait to attend her second rally, to hear those inspiring words of the Equalist leader again. Only this time would be different. She would finally join the ranks of the Equalists. Maybe she would even learn the art of chi-blocking. She sighed blissfully at the thought. However, there was only one problem.

This woman was a bender.

Now you may be wondering why in the world a bender would want to even go near the Equalist movement, let alone become a part of it. The reason was quite simple, really. Munashii agreed with Amon. The world was unfair--- giving only a handful of people the gift of bending while the rest were left with nothing for themselves. Unfortunately, the woman just happened to fall into the 'bender' category.

The universe was cruel and Munashii felt for the non-benders who looked on and could only wish for the gift of bending. She was willing to fight for Equality, even if it meant giving up her bending--- even her life.

But really, she wished to keep her bending. Not because she wanted to keep her bending to herself, but rather because she was afraid. Afraid of what Amon would do to her if he found out that she was going to lie. Afraid of the sensation of having her bending taken away. She had watched, once, as a man's bending was stolen from him right before her very eyes.

She had never heard screams such as his.

Munashii shuddered at the thought, then shook her head to clear it. Amon may be fear-instilling, but he was also awe-inspiring. Her admiration of the man was far greater than her fear, which was why she was here today. She decided she would simply tell no one of her ability. It would be her own little secret.

The pair, human and panther, paused as the voice of one of the Equalist criers rang out.

"Come and bear witness to the words and the glorious power of Amon tonight at the Rolling Bison!"

The woman cocked her head, interested. Hummer let loose a curious rumble in his throat and brushed up against Munashii's leg before pushing forward towards the small group of people that had gathered before the man. In his hand he waved a small stack of flyers, bearing the image of the Equalist leader. Munashii wove through the people, muttering "'Scuse me," and "Sorry," as she moved. When she finally made it to the front, the man was repeating the same words again.

The crier looked down upon her with a grin. "I see I have brought in another curious onlooker. Care to take one?" He handed her one of the papers, which she took gratefully.

"Of course. Just one question, sir. Might I ask where the Rolling Bison is...?"

The Equalist crier let out a hearty laugh and flipped over the flyers, pointing to an elaborately drawn image on the back. Turning hers over and examining it, she realized that it was a map. "It's on the back, sweetie. Be there. I'm sure our glorious leader will be happy to a new face among the crowd."

"Really...?" asked Munashii, looking back up at the man, "But there are so many people following him! How would a man as great as him even notice me?"

The crier simply gave her a knowing smile and winked, a movement that brought elderly crinkles to his face, and went back to advertising the rally, leaving her wondering. Briefly she wondered how old the man really was, but then quickly forgot about it. She shook her head, looked at the flyer briefly again, then turned to make her way out of the crowd with Hummer on her heels. The cloaked woman looked at the giant urban panther, then let her laughter ring out and she spun around happily.

"Finally! It seems we've finally gotten an opportunity!" shouted Munashii with glee. "Woo-hoo!"

Some of the people passing by turned to give the girl some rather amused looks. A couple even glared at her before turning back to their devices. Again, she laughed and took off in a run with Hummer quickly passing her. Grabbing a hold of the scruff of his neck, she leaped onto his broad back and together they took off into the city, her forest cloak flowing out behind her.

She had work to do before the rally tonight.

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 am
The day had dragged on slowly for Munashii, who managed to pass her time by looking for a good place to eat then making her way to the park to simply watch the people. She had been surprised, once, as a man dressed in tattered clothes appeared from a bush and moved to the next one over. How odd! The hobo must have lived in the bushes!

Later in the evening, she and Hummer made their way to the Rolling Bison, which actually turned out to be a large building, designed for large events such as these. Briefly the woman wondered about the name, cocking her head to one side as she regarded the place curiously. However, her panther companion broke her from her thoughts by giving her a low growl as they approached the entrance. Reaching down beside her, she rubbed the large cat's shoulder absently before laying her eyes upon a large, burly man stationed at the entrance of the building. He must have been a guard.

"Sorry, boy. I guess you won't be able to go in with me. Stay out here and make sure you don't eat anyone, alright?" said Munashii quietly, giving him a small chuckle at her last remark before turning to walk towards the guard. The panther flattened his ears and gave her a rather hateful glare, most likely not impressed at her last crack at a joke, but he obeyed and slunk off into the shadows of the nearby alleyway. When she neared the man, who towered over her, the two studied each other closely before he broke the silence.

"You have an invitation?" he asked gruffly.

"You mean... this?" replied the green-cloaked woman, who dug around in her pockets and pulled out the crumpled paper the Equalist crier had given to her earlier in the day. The man shot her a suddenly warm and welcoming smile. Immediately, Munashii felt like she had finally found her home, finally found her place in the world. Perhaps it really was this group of people who took on the name, 'Equalists'.

"You are the first to arrive, sister. Welcome." The guard moved aside to let Munashii pass, nodding his bald head slightly as she did so. She gave him a small smile and moved on inside. The sight that greeted her inside caused her to freeze in her tracks and simply stare on in surprise.

It was Amon. Her idol. Her hero, and he was standing practically right in front of her. He stood atop the stage, located in the far end of the building. He seemed to be conversing with another man, who, judging by the difference in his uniform compared to the other Chi-Blockers, must have been someone important. Standing off to the side were a few other Equalist Chi-Blockers, ready to jump to action should anything happen. These people were the only ones in the building so far, aside from herself.

Immediately Munashii wanted to back away, to go back outside and wait with Hummer until other Equalist supporters arrived. However, she couldn't. She was rooted to the spot, her legs refusing to follow her orders to move. One of the Chi-Blockers lifted their head to look at her, and that was when she finally found the strength to move back against the wall and hide her face in the shadows. She turned her gaze away from the group gathered on the stage after the same Chi-Blocker approached Amon and the other man. It seemed she would be noticed, as much as she wished to remain to herself and in the darkness. Is this what the Equalist crier had meant, saying that Amon would know a new face?

The cloaked woman leaned her head against the wall and heaved a sigh, closing her eyes and silently pleading that she would not be approached. She simply wished that she could remain here unbothered until other Equalist supporters arrived. However, she didn't get what she wanted.

She jumped when a firm but gentle hand came to rest on her shoulder. Opening her golden eyes once more, she turned her head to find herself face-to-face with the Equalist leader himself. Amon. She let out a gasp as he took his hand from her shoulder. When he spoke, it was as if it held all the authority in the world. The man even seemed to command respect, and immediately she took a liking to the masked man.

"You are the first here," he simply stated. The woman was roughly the same height as Amon, but it still felt like he was staring down at her through the eyes of his mask.

Munashii drew a shaky breath and replied, "Indeed, I am, sir. I have supported the Equalist Movement ever since word of it first arrived in the city of Omashu."

Amon tilted his head in a nod. "I see," he paused, looking her over once more, "Tell me your name."

His words didn't sound like a command, but they may as well have been. The cloaked woman eagerly obeyed. "Munashii. I simply go by Munashii."

Once again, the masked man nodded. "Very well, Munashii of Omashu." He fixed her with a stare whose gaze she could not tear her eyes from. It was terrifying, and yet she couldn't help but be awed by the way he held her gaze. "You look strong. Stay after I deliver my words to the people. I want to have a word with you." Eagerly, Munashii nodded and began to reply, but the Equalist leader was already gone as the first few people began to trickle in through the doorway.

"Greetings, sister!" called one of them as he brushed past the others and made his way to her. "Wow, you're already here! What possessed you to come so early?" The boy must have been no more than twenty years old, his face still void of any facial hair. His dark, messy hair gave him an almost roguish appearance, and his eyes were the same golden hue as her own. He gave her a friendly smile.

"Oh, um... well, you know. I lost track of time and just ended up coming here early." replied Munashii, feeling the warmth of a blush kissing her cheeks. The boy's smile widened as he gripped her arm and began towards the now empty stage.

"Let's get some places up close to the stage," said the boy as he dragged her along, darting between people as the building began to slowly but steadily fill. "My name is Tao, great to meet you!" He flashed her another bright smile, once again causing a pale blush to return to the girl's cheeks. They stopped before the stage, which came as high as Munashii's chin. She would definitely have no problem seeing the great Amon now. Tao's firm grip released her arm, leaving her feeling a cold spot where the warmth of his hand had been. She gingerly rubbed her arm. "You ever been to one of these rallies before?" asked Tao, giving her an inquisitive glance.

Munashii nodded in reply. "Yeah, once before this one. It was..." she trailed off. What word was good enough to replace it. Terrifying? Amazing?

"Out of this world?" finished Tao for her, a smile brightening his pale face.

"Yes!" she exclaimed, laughing. Her laughter was infectious, giving Tao the giggles and eventually the two of them were wiping tears from their eyes. Was he really that funny? Suddenly the chatter from the crowd quieted down, and the two of them did the same. The lights illuminating the roomy area dimmed, and suddenly the stage lights flared to life. Footsteps echoed in the hushed building. Excited, Munashii looked up.

Before the crowd, stood the Equalist leader, Amon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:13 am
I just reread this. Is the pacing too fast? ;-;

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Fan Fiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items