Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 14: Life Discussion Forum
If you were applying to a college, what'd you want to know?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

heart_weapon

Wheezing Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:31 pm
So, I'm on the school blog for my college, USFSP, and I just wondered what some of you would want to know about if you were looking at prospective schools.

Because, we're supposed to write things from our own perspectives, but the first few entries I submitted were trashed because they were "too informal".

ANYWAY I need to write a new entry soon (whoops)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 am
I've been in College for 4 years now... (Yeah I'm freaking old). This is my last semester. The biggest thing that I look back on is how to interact with college professors. I personally sucked at it, and now that I'm almost done, I wish I learned more about was how to talk to them. The only reason it took me so long is because I didn't have anyone to guide me in my classes. I ended up doing what I thought was right instead of what I needed to do. That is why after 4 years at community college I am graduating with a degree in General transfer and not the one that I want, which is Biology with a minor in education.

Those are my thoughts anyway.  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

heart_weapon

Wheezing Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm
Youroka Kage
I've been in College for 4 years now... (Yeah I'm freaking old). This is my last semester. The biggest thing that I look back on is how to interact with college professors. I personally sucked at it, and now that I'm almost done, I wish I learned more about was how to talk to them. The only reason it took me so long is because I didn't have anyone to guide me in my classes. I ended up doing what I thought was right instead of what I needed to do. That is why after 4 years at community college I am graduating with a degree in General transfer and not the one that I want, which is Biology with a minor in education.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Ooh, okay. Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it c:  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:47 am
heart_weapon
So, I'm on the school blog for my college, USFSP, and I just wondered what some of you would want to know about if you were looking at prospective schools.

Because, we're supposed to write things from our own perspectives, but the first few entries I submitted were trashed because they were "too informal".

Heh, I'm actually out looking for colleges now. Campus visits soon.
I guess that people would mostly like a well-rounded college, in terms of intellectual setting. That's assuming you want to cater to the needs/wants of most rising freshmen. There's also the reassurance from helpful/caring faculty, a diverse student body, and many types of extracurriculars and courses.

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

heart_weapon

Wheezing Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz
heart_weapon

Heh, I'm actually out looking for colleges now. Campus visits soon.
I guess that people would mostly like a well-rounded college, in terms of intellectual setting. That's assuming you want to cater to the needs/wants of most rising freshmen. There's also the reassurance from helpful/caring faculty, a diverse student body, and many types of extracurriculars and courses.

I should probably research some of the extracurriculars.. : ) Thanks!  
14: Life Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games