34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Nope
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

Emerald Sun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:00 pm
Okay, I have a question. When and where did the terms "newbie" and "n00b" first come into existence? It wasn't on Gaia, was it?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:10 pm
um I think it was just a comon name for people new to games cause people just got tired of sayin new player or new person and just said nOOb...

maybe thats it... mrgreen  

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Emerald Sun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:11 pm
TokyoSamurai94
um I think it was just a comon name for people new to games cause people just got tired of sayin new player or new person and just said nOOb...

maybe thats it... mrgreen

Ohhh...perhaps...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:41 pm
Newbie, comes from ealier games, just meaning you're new, oldest place I've heard it was for card games.
Noob, comes from multiplayer internet games, like starcraft, and on gaia means, someone who is rude, dumb or just plain annoying.  

Music Never Stops
Vice Captain

Emerald Sun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:25 pm
[The.End]
Newbie, comes from ealier games, just meaning you're new, oldest place I've heard it was for card games.
Noob, comes from multiplayer internet games, like starcraft, and on gaia means, someone who is rude, dumb or just plain annoying.

Oh, okay, thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:32 am
Emerald Sun
[The.End]

Oh, okay, thank you.
good point there rick  

[Ninja.Cakes]

Blacula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:35 pm
I hate noobs.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:02 am
domokun n00b's domokun  

[Lost.Angel]

Emerald Sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:55 pm
Oh...and another question...when does someone go from being a "newbie" to just a regular user? question  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:31 pm
Emerald Sun
Oh...and another question...when does someone go from being a "newbie" to just a regular user? question
I don't think there is a set period of time...
So many people use mule accounts, that you never can know how long a person has actually been on the site. ^^;;
To me, you're no longer a newbie once you figure out how to get yourself around Gaia and learn things like how the market works, what the different types of items there are, the jobs of the different colors of mods... The amount of time that takes varies according to how much time is spent on Gaia...

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Emerald Sun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:34 pm
sdrawkcab
Emerald Sun
I don't think there is a set period of time...
So many people use mule accounts, that you never can know how long a person has actually been on the site. ^^;;
To me, you're no longer a newbie once you figure out how to get yourself around Gaia and learn things like how the market works, what the different types of items there are, the jobs of the different colors of mods... The amount of time that takes varies according to how much time is spent on Gaia...

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:48 pm
I still remember when I came across the definitions of n00b and newbie in a sticky...
It mentioned that someone can be both an oldbie and a n00b at the same time. I laugh because that statement sounds like a condtradiction when read aloud. XD

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Emerald Sun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:49 pm
sdrawkcab
I still remember when I came across the definitions of n00b and newbie in a sticky...
It mentioned that someone can be both an oldbie and a n00b at the same time. I laugh because that statement sounds like a condtradiction when read aloud. XD

rofl It does doesn't it?  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff