What's wrong with me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:40 pm
Lately(for a few months now) I have felt so depressed. I have no idea why. It has gotten to the point when I'm crying all the time. Yesterday I cried because I heard the song "How to save a life". I don't know what to do. My parents are even getting mad because I'm crying so much and call them "tantrums". I don't think that's it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:08 pm
i doubt there's anything wrong with you. maybe it's just a little bout of depression people get every once in a while, it does happen. you're depressed for a while then turn out fine a little while later. if you don't think that's it i'd suggest trying to get in and see your family doctor. tell them what's going on and see if they have any ideas about it. that certianly wouldn't hurt, and they'd be able to tell you if there actually was something going on or if it's nothing if you're worried about it. i'm sorry you're having trouble right now though, i hope whatever it is gets better  

StrayKit

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:28 pm
Can you at least try to figure what it is that's making you depressed.
Then things will get better, I promise. c: Because then you can put your life in aa direction that you want and you can take steps to preventing the depression and the things that are bothering you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm
StrayKit
i doubt there's anything wrong with you. maybe it's just a little bout of depression people get every once in a while, it does happen. you're depressed for a while then turn out fine a little while later. if you don't think that's it i'd suggest trying to get in and see your family doctor. tell them what's going on and see if they have any ideas about it. that certianly wouldn't hurt, and they'd be able to tell you if there actually was something going on or if it's nothing if you're worried about it. i'm sorry you're having trouble right now though, i hope whatever it is gets better
Thank you. The problem is that I don't have health insurance so I can't go to the doctor.  

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm
Radiant Mercy
Can you at least try to figure what it is that's making you depressed.
Then things will get better, I promise. c: Because then you can put your life in aa direction that you want and you can take steps to preventing the depression and the things that are bothering you.
I do hope things get better. I don't know why I'm so depressed. :C  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 pm
crackerlover
Lately(for a few months now) I have felt so depressed. I have no idea why. It has gotten to the point when I'm crying all the time. Yesterday I cried because I heard the song "How to save a life". I don't know what to do. My parents are even getting mad because I'm crying so much and call them "tantrums". I don't think that's it.

I used to have that, too, years ago, but I never knew why. Nowadays I more-or-less know why I'm depressed. But in your case, I don't think it's right of your parents to ignore your emotions and write them off as "tantrums." Depression is a serious thing, even if it's only a bout. But, I'm not here to judge people's parenting skills. XD

Is there anyone you can talk to about how you feel?
This is a rather cliche suggestion, but what about a counselor of some kind? Or even just a friend, or someone who cares who won't judge you for how you're feeling? Maybe even finding someone here in this guild to PM and talk to might help.
Whenever I feel exceedingly stressed, depressed, or overwhelmed, I find some comfort in writing in online journals. It doesn't solve my problem, but it does help to alleviate the feeling of loneliness and thinking that no one cares.
But as for your question, I think it is normal to feel depressed and not be entirely sure why.

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 pm
Ayniu
crackerlover

I used to have that, too, years ago, but I never knew why. Nowadays I more-or-less know why I'm depressed. But in your case, I don't think it's right of your parents to ignore your emotions and write them off as "tantrums." Depression is a serious thing, even if it's only a bout. But, I'm not here to judge people's parenting skills. XD

Is there anyone you can talk to about how you feel?
This is a rather cliche suggestion, but what about a counselor of some kind? Or even just a friend, or someone who cares who won't judge you for how you're feeling? Maybe even finding someone here in this guild to PM and talk to might help.
Whenever I feel exceedingly stressed, depressed, or overwhelmed, I find some comfort in writing in online journals. It doesn't solve my problem, but it does help to alleviate the feeling of loneliness and thinking that no one cares.
But as for your question, I think it is normal to feel depressed and not be entirely sure why.

Yeah. My parents. cat_sweatdrop I do have one friend I can talk to but I feel like such a burden telling her all these things. I wish I could have a counselor or see a doctor but I don't have health insurance. Plus, I'm used to bottling my feelings. I do enjoying writing and knitting but don't have to do these things because of college. I do feel lonely a lot...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 pm
crackerlover

Yeah. My parents. cat_sweatdrop I do have one friend I can talk to but I feel like such a burden telling her all these things. I wish I could have a counselor or see a doctor but I don't have health insurance. Plus, I'm used to bottling my feelings. I do enjoying writing and knitting but don't have to do these things because of college. I do feel lonely a lot...

Yeah, I know how that feels, too. I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to 'bother' other people with my problems. And yet at the same time, I know that being able to confide in at least one good friend or person does help, and that it's important not to keep everything inside, as that does cause emotional damage. That's why I use online journals...I kind of feel like I'm talking to/confiding in someone when I write about what's going on inside of me, and yet I know I'm not bothering anyone.
But, I think it's a mistake to assume that you bother people when you talk to them about your problems. Sure, it does have to be the right person you confide in - it's not good to tell anyone just anything - but there are people out there who would - and do - seriously care about what you're going through. Me, for instance. I don't know you too well, but I do care about you and what you're going through. =) Not least of all because I know what it's like to go through really difficult bouts of depression, whether I know the reasons or not.
As for health insurance, is there at least a counselor at your college who you can talk to? Colleges - even community ones (like the one I go to) - tend to have counselors available.

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 pm
Ayniu
crackerlover

Yeah, I know how that feels, too. I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to 'bother' other people with my problems. And yet at the same time, I know that being able to confide in at least one good friend or person does help, and that it's important not to keep everything inside, as that does cause emotional damage. That's why I use online journals...I kind of feel like I'm talking to/confiding in someone when I write about what's going on inside of me, and yet I know I'm not bothering anyone.
But, I think it's a mistake to assume that you bother people when you talk to them about your problems. Sure, it does have to be the right person you confide in - it's not good to tell anyone just anything - but there are people out there who would - and do - seriously care about what you're going through. Me, for instance. I don't know you too well, but I do care about you and what you're going through. =) Not least of all because I know what it's like to go through really difficult bouts of depression, whether I know the reasons or not.
As for health insurance, is there at least a counselor at your college who you can talk to? Colleges - even community ones (like the one I go to) - tend to have counselors available.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I like writing stories. And poems. I can let myself bleed all over te page. I feel like I have already caused emotional damage on myself. Well, thanks for caring. :3 I don't think there are any counselors... >/  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm
crackerlover

There isn't anything wrong with you. Depression is a serious problem, and something I've suffered from for several years. The having no idea why part is normal, or at least I can relate to it. You may have a chemical imbalance, which just causes you to have this bout of depression. I've gone from being fine for a few months to having a year of sheer misery. I know, not exactly something to make you feel better but you aren't alone. I'm sorry you don't have health insurance, but maybe if you're in school than you can talk to a guidance counselor. At least look for one, or a peer group. Some colleges have those. I'm glad you use writing as an outlet, which I also do.

I hope you feel better, and PM me if you need to. I want to help as much as I can.

Mistress of The Fae

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm
Mistress of The Fae
crackerlover

There isn't anything wrong with you. Depression is a serious problem, and something I've suffered from for several years. The having no idea why part is normal, or at least I can relate to it. You may have a chemical imbalance, which just causes you to have this bout of depression. I've gone from being fine for a few months to having a year of sheer misery. I know, not exactly something to make you feel better but you aren't alone. I'm sorry you don't have health insurance, but maybe if you're in school than you can talk to a guidance counselor. At least look for one, or a peer group. Some colleges have those. I'm glad you use writing as an outlet, which I also do.

I hope you feel better, and PM me if you need to. I want to help as much as I can.

I just don't want to be sad again. It used to be worse in high school when I actually tried to hurt myself. I do feel alone though. I need more time to write though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 pm
That sounds a lot like me except my parents never knew about the s**t i did. I got to the point of cutting and thinking of suicide. I dont mean to worry you. It gets better. Find someone you are comfortable talking to or keep a journal. If that doesnt help, then struggle through it. Keep your head high and look at the good side of bad situations. It does get better. DONT EVER cut yourself, you will regret it if you do. ive been fighting it ever since i started and the urge is still there. Hope all ends well. Im sure you're fine hun. smile if it gets worse then talk to someone. If you ever need somone feel free to pm me smile  

Gennabug

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:48 pm
Gennabug
That sounds a lot like me except my parents never knew about the s**t i did. I got to the point of cutting and thinking of suicide. I dont mean to worry you. It gets better. Find someone you are comfortable talking to or keep a journal. If that doesnt help, then struggle through it. Keep your head high and look at the good side of bad situations. It does get better. DONT EVER cut yourself, you will regret it if you do. ive been fighting it ever since i started and the urge is still there. Hope all ends well. Im sure you're fine hun. smile if it gets worse then talk to someone. If you ever need somone feel free to pm me smile

I'm sorry. I know how hard it can be. I have never cut myself just intentional bruised myself. I'm struggling through it now. Thanks, I'll PM you then.. :]  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 am
Maybe it would help if you could do your hobbies (writing and knitting) a little more?

I know you are in college, and have little free time, but try to sneak in some writing when you eat lunch. Eat with one hand, write with the other. (I apologize if this is not feasible due to your culture; I know that Muslims don't use the left hand to eat for cultural reasons.)

You can knit while you wait for the bus (if you don't drive). Just nothing complex, or you will have a hard time. I have gotten some funny looks from time to time when I sit and knit. However I have also gotten some positive comments!

Some people (who are particularly skilled) can walk and knit. Seriously. And not easy stuff either. Reasonably complex stuff, like socks. Whoa. (That's not me, BTW.)

I'm encouraging you to make time for your hobbies because I know for me, they make a lot of difference in my mood.

If your depression persists, please go to your campus health center and see about counseling. Don't let it go too long, it will suck all the joy out of your life. After it happening to me, I don't want to see it happen to someone else. sad

Take care, and keep us posted on your progress!  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:10 pm
the mage-girl
Maybe it would help if you could do your hobbies (writing and knitting) a little more?

I know you are in college, and have little free time, but try to sneak in some writing when you eat lunch. Eat with one hand, write with the other. (I apologize if this is not feasible due to your culture; I know that Muslims don't use the left hand to eat for cultural reasons.)

You can knit while you wait for the bus (if you don't drive). Just nothing complex, or you will have a hard time. I have gotten some funny looks from time to time when I sit and knit. However I have also gotten some positive comments!

Some people (who are particularly skilled) can walk and knit. Seriously. And not easy stuff either. Reasonably complex stuff, like socks. Whoa. (That's not me, BTW.)

I'm encouraging you to make time for your hobbies because I know for me, they make a lot of difference in my mood.

If your depression persists, please go to your campus health center and see about counseling. Don't let it go too long, it will suck all the joy out of your life. After it happening to me, I don't want to see it happen to someone else. sad

Take care, and keep us posted on your progress!

Thank you! I agree! After finishing my cowl I felt a sort of achievement. -w- I will go to the campus health center is things persists. I'm sorry about it happening to you. I hope you are well. Thank you again! P.S. Do you have a revelry account?  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games