Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Roleplays
no longer available

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrigandS09

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01 pm
The year is 4623, however no one remember the year anymore. In late 3790, mankind’s struggle for dominance of the world came to a peak. In the end this struggle proved to be too great for the hands of mortals, and they soon led themselves into destruction. Few survived to begin rebuilding civilization but once again, man was pitted against man and fighting soon arose once more. Half the humans left to build a thriving metropolis, where they worshiped science and reason. The other collection of humans built small tribes within the nature that had protected them and given them life throughout they ages, they worshiped the natural order and god like beasts who had gained intelligent thought. Over the years the humans slowly died away as their DNA began to wither with generations. Instead two new races began to emerge.
Those who broke off to live within the walls of the metropolis stronghold grew less agile, less physically adapt. Their skin began to grow pale and eventually they completely changed into something that no longer even resembled human. Their eyes began to grow more narrow than round. Their pupils began to disappear and instead they turned to a filthy yellow color. Strange blue markings began to appear upon their skin as if branded from birth. These markings grew larger and more intricate with age but their skin no longer decayed over time. They appeared to stay young from adolescence to seniority except for the blue markings that accompanied their pigmentations. They began to trust these markings as an indication for genetic potency, wisdom and age. Those with more intricate markings held more wisdom than others. Those with bolder markings bore more strength, and genetic potential. Those with discolored markings were branded as heretics and were either forced into exile, to live in a secluded area of the city or thrown from the city gates to be devoured by beasts.
The humans who broke away to live in nature retained much of their human features, their eyes became more bold and bright, and they grew stronger with a lifestyle of hunting and work. They also began to develop features befitting the beast they worshiped as gods. Some grew ears and tails as others grew very large and very strong like oxen. As they began to develop beast like features their senses grew sharper, but there minds suffered. They no longer abided by intelligence. They instead trusted instinct and strength, as this was all their natural life style called for. They began to break off in tribes discerning between their beast like features. The men and women who grew larger broke off and began to live in the plains, working and tilling the fields as the Robust Tribe. Those who grew ears, tails, and heightened sense broke away to live near the base of the mountains, hunting game, and trading meat to the other tribes as the Feral Clan. Those who grew swift of foot but frail of body broke away and hid from their stronger and fiercer counterparts, providing other food sources and medicine as the Silent Clan. However some adapted in a much stranger way, resembling beasts never seen before. They sprouted horns, and their teeth grew sharp. There skin began to bear scales and they began to lose grip of their conscious intellects. They left and headed far east into the caverns near the sea. They were known to the rest as the Outsider Tribe. The three remaining tribes very rarely quarreled but the peace between them was still very precarious. The Feral Clan was very prideful in their ways, they often felt they should be the most respected of the tribes. This made the Robust Tribe quite aggressive towards them. There stubborn mind set and sheer force of power made them think no one was more adept to being the most respected. The Silent Clan began to grow fearful and jealous of their stronger counterparts. They provided the most of either tribe and thought they were not appreciated due to their lack of strength. This made for an uneasy peace between them, and the constant threat the Outsider Tribe would one day return did not make it any more solid.
Meanwhile in the Metropolis science and technology thrived within the city walls. But the exiles began to despise the rest of the cities’ inhabitants. As their numbers continued to grow they began to form a small community for the shattered remnants of the exiles. They were spiteful and bitter and began to lash out at the other Metropolitans. Committing crimes, and attacking those who were not brandished by what was dubbed “False Markings”. As their strength grew so did their hatred, and so did the severity of their actions. Eventually those with “True Markings” began to build walls through the city, creating checkpoints to slow the rise in crime. Soon the False Markings began to develop ways to hide their discolored brandishes and were able to slip through checkpoints undetected. The True Markings began to worry about this increase in heretics and the council of elders was called.
The council of Elders of Metropolis was chosen by the discerning markings that adorned their skin. Those with the most intricate and bold markings were bred for success from their birth and raised to become Elders. Currently 12 Elders resided at the top of the hierarchal society.
The tribes and the Metropolitans gave each other no mind due to these incidents. The city was much to far from the tribes for them to bother with and the Metropolis was surrounded by fortress walls that made them feel safe. Their main dangers came from inside their own communities. These uneasy balances were sure to prove trouble for both sides.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 pm
So this is basically just an plot setting I made for someone else to use for an RP. I didn't do a lot of proofreading or anything. I just had this idea in my head and needed to get it out. In any case feel free to take claim to it. If you ask me nicely I might go back through and comb out all the screwed up details. Either that or criticize it. Thanks for reading.  

BrigandS09

Invisible Prophet

BrigandS09

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:08 pm
Please PM me if you decide to adopt this RP, because I would like to hear some feed back. Critical or otherwise.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 am
This sounds interesting. Are you starting a roleplay guild?  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BrigandS09

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 am
No, I suppose I could but I don't have the money for it. That's definitely not a bad idea though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 pm
Well how much do you need? Selling stuff of the market place is a good way to make quick money.  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BrigandS09

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:18 pm
Myde14Niia
Well how much do you need? Selling stuff of the market place is a good way to make quick money.

I am selling stuff on the market place it just takes some time. i need another 12 k to start it then of course each new sub forum costs 2500 so theres that issue to contend with.  
Roleplays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games