Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Band in college?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_best_indifference

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:00 pm
Although I'm only starting a two year community college in the fall, depending on what four year college I attend, I want to join their band....should I or shouldn't I?
P.s. I'm going for theater arts (musical theater performance and education)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:50 pm
If it fits into your schedule and you enjoy participating in band, why not do it? :]  

290Pika

The_best_indifference

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 am
290Pika
If it fits into your schedule and you enjoy participating in band, why not do it? :]

Makes sense smile thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:21 pm
High school ruined band for me forever and ever.... My band director was a douche.  

Dai Eden

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

19,040 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Devin 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am
The_best_indifference
Although I'm only starting a two year community college in the fall, depending on what four year college I attend, I want to join their band....should I or shouldn't I?

Depends; are the four-year colleges you're going to known for their music program?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:51 am
Dion Necurat
The_best_indifference

Depends; are the four-year colleges you're going to known for their music program?

The one out of the three universities (Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ) has a great music program. I've been researching them since I watched their summer music camp performances. The two others, Rider and University of the arts, are not. Rider has a conservatory and a amazinng theatre school and same for UArts.  

The_best_indifference

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100

The_best_indifference

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:54 am
Dai-Gilgamesh
High school ruined band for me forever and ever.... My band director was a douche.

I quit band my senior year. I hated the people and I didn't feel appreciated so I let it go. I want to try again and hopefully the results of the people are better.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 pm
The_best_indifference
Dion Necurat
The_best_indifference

The one out of the three universities (Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ) has a great music program. I've been researching them since I watched their summer music camp performances. The two others, Rider and University of the arts, are not. Rider has a conservatory and a amazinng theatre school and same for UArts.

I'd keep Rutgers in your radar then. It might not seem like a big deal, but I've known people both involved in ensembles and involved with the music program in general at institutions like the other two who did not enjoy themselves. It strengthens the experience if you're with people that are passionate about music.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The_best_indifference

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm
Dion Necurat
The_best_indifference
Dion Necurat
The_best_indifference

I will certainly consider that. Thanks a lot smile

I'd keep Rutgers in your radar then. It might not seem like a big deal, but I've known people both involved in ensembles and involved with the music program in general at institutions like the other two who did not enjoy themselves. It strengthens the experience if you're with people that are passionate about music.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:03 pm
That place is scary. You have confidence then I admire you--  

Kneeel_My_Nights

The_best_indifference

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:24 am
Kneeel_My_Nights
That place is scary. You have confidence then I admire you--

I've been told smile but that's only have the fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 am
High school and college are two completely separate entities. Usually, the people in college are just like you--they grew up. So take a chance. You'll never know if you don't try. I'm a junior at a university, an instrumental music education major, and a member of a band fraternity. Band has always been the shining light in my life; I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience in high school. But it's high school. Not many people can say they enjoyed those four years too much.  

brokenbarrier

Man-Hungry Grabber

16,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Heckler 50
Band Nerd Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items