So. Highschool.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 pm
(FYI: Highschool in my town is 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. I'm going into 10th grade, not 9th.)

I'm moving up to the high school this coming fall.
And I'm absolutely terrified.
Now, I don't really care if I don't know anyone in my classes. I mean, it would be nice, but I'm in class to work and that's okay.

However, lunchtime.
There's six lunch waves at my school.
SIX. What are the chances I'll get a friend in there? The chances seem so small.
I'm terrified of the thought of sitting by myself.
I've only ever sat by myself once, and I started crying when I got home : I hate feeling lonely in social situations.

So what should I do? Just approach kids who look nice? I'm SO shy around people I don't know, and I don't think I could stomach someone being mean to me...

I'm really panicking. I just do not want school to start.

Help? ):

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:31 pm
Does your entire classroom go to lunch during the same wave? If so, just try making friends in that class. This way you will have a few people to hang out with in class and people to sit with at lunch. ^^

You never know though, you may have lunch with some people that you're already friends with. It's just best to be safe and make new friends as well so that you aren't risking being alone. 3nodding  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:17 pm
ugh, that's the thing. i have absolutely no idea how it's going to work. gonk
i hate going to new schools.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:33 pm
Do you know anyone who has gone to that school already? If so, maybe you could talk to them and see how things work. It may even help calm your nerves a bit.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 pm
Not really : Well not any that I would be comfortable talking to.
idk.
i'm just worried, ya know?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm
This is coming from a high school graduate.
Don't be worried.
The first few days even weeks, are going to be awkward. There will be awkward moments but once you find your spot in the school's "ecosystem" it gets a lot better.
Try out for a play, go for sports, join a club. I think that doing at least one of these things will make your freshmen year (and high school experience in general) a lot more enjoyable.

Just remember, everyone goes through this. There will tons of other kids in the same position as you. You won't be alone! And think of it this way, most kids have to endure 4 years of high school, you only have to go through 3!
Enjoy the rest of your summer, and good luck.

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces