Submit

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am
Okay, so I know how it is when you are growing up. It's sometimes hard to build up confidence.
Sometimes it deals with how you were raised, or its just who you are and you were born that way.

But I know that everyone seeks for confidence once in their life to get through the day.
My confidence is low, very low in fact. I was worse when I was younger, and it led me into depression. I could not hold onto happiness even for one millisecond. And now again I am struggling with it yet again.
So I decided to get online and do something about it, maybe it will help out one of you girls with it too, which that would be wonderful.

I am putting this up here for me, girls like me now, and for girls of the future who may need help in this area in their life. I hope this helps ~
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am
User Image

10 ways on how to be more confident:

1. Be comfortable with yourself.
Find good things about yourself and enhance them to help with this process.

2. If you don't like an area of yourself and it can be changed, change it!
Say like if you want to tighten up your abs, do more crunches. Or you want to style your hair better, look for tutorials online how to do cute updos or if you would like to feel sexier in clothes, there are different ways to dress to make you look like you have curves or no curves at all or how ever you would like! ^^

3. Do not look to society for approval!!
This is a no no, to the max girls! Do not... I repeat DO NOT look for other people's approval!!
A lot of people have opinions! And they are different! No two are the same! We are all like little itty bitty snowflakes! No two are alike. that goes for pretty much everything in what we do, look like, and say. You are you and you being you is beautiful! Even if you don't think so (Now).

4. Do not push positive thinking/complements away.
Those are the things that feed your confidence. Allow them to be around you more often and push away negative thinking/ insults because it will only rob you of your happiness.

5. Know that beauty, humor ect is subjective.
Again, lots of people have different opinions and tastes and no one is right or wrong when it comes to that kind of thing. Hence that means that there is no such thing as "Perfect" and you shouldn't be looking for something that isn't real.

6. Know that no one is perfect, not even you.
Love the skin you are in ~♥ Even if it has flaws it (you) are still beautiful. A rose has several flaws in it did you know? Not one petal is the same on it. One curls over another one is straight the others are pointed and everyone is slightly different. Its a beautiful mess. That's what we all are.

7. Do not care what people think about you.
Even if its your family you gotta do this with. Do not care what they think about you. Just live your own life and if they want to be a part of it then they should love you for you and get over themselves.

8.Know that the only reasons why people are mean to you are because they have issues with themselves.
This is sooooo true!
That girl down the street from you given you bad looks and going "ew!" is probably having some issues with confidence herself and needs to get you to be less intimidating by making you out to be "smaller" than what you are. DON'T LET HER! She is a jealous hater!
Some guys will make fun of girls too.
Like say a dude would throw waded up paper at you when you were younger. Or treat you with disrespect. They are "Trying" to flirt with you even though it sounds a tad off.. But its also true. They cannot be smooth and romantic like other guys.

9. Do things to help your confidence.
Like do your hair, makeup, paint your nails or go out and see a movie. Do anything that makes you feel "taller" and more confident.

10. Don't do it for others, do it for you.
This is always a must!
You may do something like this for an awesome crush or the love of your life, but honey. Dont do it for them. You are living with you. You will ALWAYS have yourself to look up to when no one is around. And when the big poop hits the fan, who is there first? Yourself. So work on yourself for yourself and by yourself. But! If your people around you want to help, then awesome! But make sure that what they say is constructive criticism and not just criticism.
( EXAMPLE: Constructive criticism: "Darling you have a booger hanging out of your nose." Criticism: "EWWW quit being so nasty and go clean that nasty nose of yours!)

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:36 pm
The list may be added onto by myself or others later on I just wanted to show a basic form of how to help beat self conscience.
Again, I hope that this helps. ~
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 pm
User Image

Reserved

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues