Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Keeper's Kip! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 pm
Welcome to The 2012 World Cup!
^And welcome to the Keeper's Kip, where Keepers can Knockout for a bit of a Kip

User Image

The first ever Quidditch World Cup was held in 1473 between Bulgaria and Romania. Flanders represented Bulgaria and representing Romania was Transylvania.

Many fouls accorded in this game, including a very well known player trying to be decapitated in the middle of the game & a hundred blood-hungry vampire bats being let loose onto the field, which where released by the Transylvania's Captain. Hopefully, no such occurrences will happen this time around.

It has been 538 years since the first Quidditch World Cup, and now, we are very lucky to have the Quidditch World Cup here at Hogwarts.

I look forward to seeing all of our Keepers, as well as the rest of our players, participate and play by the Rules this Summer. It will be very interesting to see who wins.

For those of you who don't already know me, I'm Winibroc the House Elf, and I will be the Referee for the Keepers.

| Welcome | Rules | How To Play | Current Questions | Keepers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions l World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 pm
Rules:

Playing Quidditch is very easy. You guys are going to be wonderful. However, I must enforce some rules and regulations:

• If you're not a Keeper, you can still post here. However, I encourage you to do most of your chatting in the Stands

• Never ever post a Trivia answer in this thread (or anywhere else). Answers should always be PMed to me

• When sending trivia answers to me, please make sure the subject has your Team's Name AND the Series Number. The Series Number will be posted in the Current Question section of this thread.

• Keepers are only allowed to send me ONE PM per Series. Multiple PMs (in a series) will cost your team points, even if the answers are correct!

• If you have a question about how this game will work or anything else, ASK IT. I prefer you to post your questions here, there's no need to PM me a question.

• Take the time out and sign some autographs with your fans. The Stands is the event's main hangout thread. Participation is key to win the House Cup!

• Also, I must ask you to not use the internet to find these answers. There may be a round where I say it's okay but, for now, no help from websites like Lexicon.

• You should all be posting in your House Color, NOT your Team's color.

| Welcome | Rules | How To Play | Current Questions | Keepers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions l World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 pm
How To Play:

Playing Quidditch is very simple for you as Keepers.
All you have to do to protect your teams goals is to answer the Trivia Questions correctly.
I will post a series of questions in the Current Questions post each week.
Each Keeper will get to send ONE PM to me each week with the answers to the questions.
The questions will be Harry Potter related. They're not going to be your average Dueling Club questions either!
As Keepers, your trivia will be a spot more difficult than that of the chasers.
Every correct answer means you have prevented a goal. As a result, the other team will lose 10 points from their score, if you get an answer wrong, you won't be penalized!(now isn't that nice?)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 pm
Current Questions:

*Series -*
For this series you will be allowed to use the Books ONLY for ONE question of your choice. You must however tell me the page number where you found the answer and what version of the books you used (i.e. US paperback release, UK hardback, etc)
All "Reasoning" Questions will be marked with a "*"

There will be no more questions, be sure to check The Stands to see the results!

You will have until next Wednesday(- / - -) to send these answers to me! It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! But remember, that you are duty-bound to do your Country justice, or, to put it more colloquially...
Make your Mamma Land Proud!

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 pm
Keeper's Scoreboard:

((Where the score never goes above zero!))

Scotland: 0pts
Japan: 0pts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm
Previous Trivia Questions: (With Answers)

Series #
The Game Hasn't Started Yet crying

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 pm
World Cup Scoreboard:

Team Scotland vs. Team Japan!

0 | 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 pm
Hall Of Fame:

Here are the Keepers for the Scottish and Japanese Teams.

Scotland:
None Yet crying
Tina Aurora [Avatar34] - Graduate of Gryffindor House, Tina's broom of choice is a firebolt. After her spectacular performance as seeker for Belgium in last year's World Cup, Quidditch followers everywhere have come to regard Tina as a sharp eyed, gutsy player with lightning quick movements that are thrilling to behold.

Japan:
None Yet crying
Yami Enzeru [Yami Enzeru88] - Representing Hufflepuff House, Yami's broom of choice is a firebolt. Yami is believed to be a forceful and unyielding rising player but most of his tactics remain a complete mystery to the spectators. Look to the skies, for no one knows what this curious new player is capable of!

I hope you don't mind me embellishing these little stories, since I don't personally know all of you, I composed them based on looking at your profiles and looking around a bit on the guild. If you DO have a problem with anything I put, please PM me, and I will change/remove it accordingly.

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 pm
Winnie's Whopper:
^A Note from your referee,Winibroc the House Elf

Welcome Keepers, to your sanctuary! Or to be more precise, your headquarters, and information center.
This year, us referees are going to be trying a little something to help enhance the atmosphere of the world cup. We will be creating commentary on the match that more or less corresponds to how each person fares on their questions. For this commentary, we will be using your RP names to embellish little tidbits, so your character may commit a foul, miss a shot, or be hit by a bludger. Rest assured that these adornments will be purely for the amusement of the spectators, and that any damage done to characters will not affect them beyond the quidditch pitch(unless, of course, you choose to make it so).
I know we all love and treat each other kindly here at HPGoG, but please feel free to take this annual opportunity to adopt the blood thirsty spirit in which the game of Quidditch was created!!! twisted
ahem.
That said, I WANT A NICE FAIR GAME, FROM ALL OF YOU.
wink

The commentary will be posted in "SHOUT" format both here and in the stands. And if you take issue with anything we may write concerning your character, please don't hesitate to contact me, the last thing we want is to offend anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm
Announcements!

Here is where I'll put quick links to the most current happenings in all things "Keeper" at HPGoG.

vivacious_red

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces