Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Story Development/Ideas
PoppiHollaPuddelz's ❤ Works in Progress [feedback please?]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 pm
User Image
Once upon a ❤ Work - In - Progress

[Please critique my work~]

Quote me please~
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 pm
An rp idea :: that never was.

W e l c o m e . User Image

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪
There was never silver starlight to light her nights, just the slow, inevitable descent of a gray dusk. And that was when her world, so trapped by glaring sunlight and opressive humidity, would flicker into existence. An ugly tangle of steel and concrete by day, a crystal shard refracting neon lights at night. Everywhere she turned, there was quiet contentment, cool, impersonal delight.
An array of sparkles, just along the harbour's edge, glowing dimly in their own reflected shades. She stepped out of light speed and artficial wind lingered forever in the bright quietness. Silent yellow streetlamps, sentinels to brood over the discordant melody of a growing city. Never dangerous. Even in the paved, sparkling underbelly, the rainbow of back alleyways.
Never dangerous.
Though the spires and crags could pierce the very heavens, the stars would not shine for her city. So steeped in filth it was, drowning itself in the false, honeyed glow of money and riches. That brilliance could never compare to the careless abundance of a human's treasure, cast out derisively into the dark, hidden momentarily in a veil of dull mist.
For there were things to look forward to in this life, this city. Cold breezes, the glitz and glamour that would raise you above the rest. She perched atop a steel mountain, the city's star illuminating from behind.

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

User Image

[:I f y o u w o u l d l e a v e u s y o u r n a m e:] PoppiHollaPuddelz User Image

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:17 pm
The start of... something.

It's all well and good to see those rich velvet sundowns on the flipside of postcards and the fresh dewdrop greens brimming on a veiny leaf, magnified a thousandfold. What she didn't know about was the fury of the sun that day, hot humid atmosphere pressing down. Or the cool whirr of pixelated screens, an artificial rainbow. Hues neatly numbered and ordered. Magenta. Chartreuse. Cyan.
As a city girl, she had often dreamed of rolling hills, running streams. She was Christopher Columbus, piles of foamy sea before her. The horizon was always within reach, infinity just around the corner. It's peculiar in that funny way - when your earth is one gigantic sphere of aqua and terra, the notion of forever in a day lurks in the periphery. And then there is tomorrow. Always tomorrow.
That strange word, she tastes it tingling on the tip of her tongue again. Rolls the syllables around as she stares at the clock. To-mor-row. The hand jumps, executes a pirouette into the unforseeable future. Yes, in twenty-four hours.
Tomorrow, the sunlight will stream in through the glass. Dust motes will sparkle for one magical, fleeting moment. She will wake up and smell the tar and conrete, chase the sound of imaginary birdsong through her mind. In her fabricated soundscape, melodies are always harmonious. God forbid the thought of shrieking birds.
Her attention is drawn by the harsh sounds. Again, she realises it : no alpine winds, no crickets. Sheer mundaneness pushes her further back into the bed like a lead weight.
How many patterns can she find in the half-darkness?
A world forms in the pitted canvas-white of the ceiling. You might not have noticed the presence of those early-morning spectres, but they're there. Unfocus your eyes for a bit. First, they'll blaze golden-white. Then they'll waver through a pastel spectrum.
Personally, I think they're fairies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 pm
You're very skilled at writing. Unlike a lot of writers I see (including myself), most people don't go into great detail, but you do. I like that.  

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:23 pm
Sagittariis Munashii
You're very skilled at writing. Unlike a lot of writers I see (including myself), most people don't go into great detail, but you do. I like that.

Aww, thanks~
I don't know, it might just be the writing style, in that it's more descriptive. I've been told [sometimes jokingly] more than a few times that I'm being too vague with my roleplay posts. yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm
[Pᴇʀɪᴘʜᴇʀʏ] - [sɴᴏᴡғʟᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇᴛʜᴏᴅ]

< 1 5 w o r d d e s c r i p t i o n

< 50 w o r d b l u r b

[1] [2] [3] [e.n.d]

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Story Development/Ideas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash