Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
I was thinking really hard give me your opinion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaia gold sinks
  *freegoldpoll*
View Results

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:11 am
So yeah Gaia devs and mods have said that since the influx of gold in Gaia through bg and zOMG! they said they developed gold sinks to flush out the millions/billions of gold in the gaian economy.

Question is what gold sinks did they make?
My ideas are as follows:
1. Alchemy is an obvious gold sink. It costs alot to make the rare ones and thats where most rich gaians use their gold for.
2. Removal of free gc - well obviously since removal of the popular blue noodle vids lots of gaians lost the purchasing power using gc and they now have to use gold to buy stuff
3. Booty Grab a gold sink? (connected to #2) - since free gc was introduced in gaia lots of gaians were able to afford to buy and fill their tanks with fishes. Increase in massive amounts of gold pouring into the gaian economy. Removing gc made it hard for tanks owners to buy fish. So if they will refill their tanks they have to use gold to buy fish again. It's a gamble for them for it takes time and lots of patience to earn a little bit of gold everyday. I personally made a table of current fish prices and average players to break even and such. And my research let me to this. (Thats how this made it to the gold sink list) ex. I think 20k a day from Airsharks and 15-20k for dolphins. Either you buy the fish with gc or risk loosing more gold by buying it with gold.
3. Items are pouring in the market like crap. New items/bundles/CI's etc and most of them look like crap btw. Another gold sink. Since lots of gaians are into this new items . = u =

Have anymore ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:32 am
Those ideas do not make sense to me.

Alchemy is more like a gold exchange than an actual sink. Not many materials can be bought from a Gaia store, and those you can buy there cost little to nothing. You have to either find them in boxes, or buy them on the marketplace from others. This results in the gold switching owner, and only the 2% tax works like a sink.

Blue Noodle was the only cash tree offer available for those outside USA. There are still offers, though they are not working all over the world. Gaia said they're working on a new offer that is supposed to replace Blue Noodle, but whether it's a lie or not, you will never know...

As for the fish, you will again buy them for either bought cash, or from other users on the marketplace, which again results in a gold exchange with a 2% tax. Not a sink really.

And last but not least; what comes from the cash shop only adds to the problem, it's not a sink. Gaia is making real money with this, and many people who have a lot of real money abuse it. They buy items worth plenty of gold, to sell them and get rich. No gold is being flushed out that way, but Gaia gets their money anyway.

It's only a sink if the gold goes back to Gaia, and not other users. But to be honest, Gaia ruined the gold economy themselves, by adding the cash shop, and frequently updating it. They are the ones to blame, but of course they would never admit that.  

Ranchi

Tasty Target

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:41 pm
They had no control over Blue Noodle; the business that runs it went bad, even failing to pay Gaia towards the end.

And Alchemy can be worked with low funds; at least I can manage it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:37 pm
Ranchi

well lets start fisrt with the definition of a gold sink.
Gold sink is an economic process by which a video game's ingame currency ('gold'), or any item that can be valued against it, is removed. Most commonly the genres are role-playing game or massively multiplayer online game. The term is comparable to timesink, but usually used in reference to game design and balance, commonly to reduce inflation when commodities and wealth are continually fed to players through sources such as quests, looting monsters, or minigames. - from wikipedia

Well this is how the gold sink works for me. Yes I have to agree with you that the 2% tax also works as a gold sink.

How does it work like a gold sink?
Alchemy = you still need gold to alchemize items. You need to buy items from the market or get it through whatever means it entails you but the point of alchemy here is. The gold from the higher/or richer gaians gets distributed among other gaians and they use it to buy whatever items or new cash items the market has to offer. Like the 2% tax you have mentioned earlier. it's a continuos process where items are sold and bought in the mp. Tax continues to filter out the gold and such.

I think you agree with me on the blue noodle idea.

I think I have to disagree with you with the fish though. Recently since free gc has been taken away from the economy. You will notice that fish prices have increased rapidly. This sudden increase led to fish prices increasing in value. Now, old tank owners would know what price of fish they should buy them for. But alot of new aspiring tank owners loose alot of gold this way. They just buy the fishes and sadly they make less than what they bought it for from = hence it becomes a gold sink. Now I'm talking merely on tank revenues made for the day. Not of the earnings coming from playing bg. Even old tank owners now are forced to buy fishes at ridicoulous prices just to sustain their tank = for their credibility as tank owners only ti find out that they worked so hard and for what? a merely 20k earnings from a very good tank? lol

I've seen lots of aspiring/new tank owners out there only loosing hope of making it big in GA.

And last but not least; what comes from the cash shop only adds to the problem, it's not a sink. Gaia is making real money with this, and many people who have a lot of real money abuse it. They buy items worth plenty of gold, to sell them and get rich. No gold is being flushed out that way, but Gaia gets their money anyway. --> I agree with this one ^^ Thanks for pointing this out

All in all. Yes they are still the ones at fault here. ^^  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm
Ysavvryl
They had no control over Blue Noodle; the business that runs it went bad, even failing to pay Gaia towards the end.

Thanks for pointing this out  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:42 pm
Ysavvryl

yes there are cheap alchemy items that can still be done ninja ty for your input  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items