Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Horror
-When Nights Heat-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How was it?
  Dude...
  Nice!
View Results

I 999 I

Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 am
Bro, this story is dangerous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: “Sometimes I go into this frame of thought; the “Faucet State” I call it. I have these thoughts that are uncontrollable. It’s either I think up the best of things or the worst of things. There is never a thought left in between.” – KK

*This was written freely, in one night, for the AWU’s Horror section. (I was going to start a Role-play but needed more time, but I wanted to post something today.) I have absolutely no urges or fantasies to do some of the sick things in this Horror story. However, you fellow writers know to make a good Horror you have to be willing to cross lines. You have to let your imagination run to some of the darkest places of your mind. It’s actually my first Horror. Ha, How about that? My first Horror was written especially for this Guild. I hope I get applauded for being so daring. (or so insane)*

[Warning: This story is disturbing, even I, the Author, think it’s messed up.]
{Last Warning:You have to be tough to read this.}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-When Nights Heat-

Being a teenager from a rural town, Wilson Rine (Age 14) found that there were not many people to befriend. He attended a high school of about 40-70 students, without a sports team, without an auditorium, not even a cafeteria. Students at Tespar Pines High ate either in the classes or hallways, because of an event a year ago, no student could go outside to eat their lunch.

It happened on a cloudy day, after August 10th, 1986, Wilson’s 9th grade year. August 10th was the first day of school. There was the smell of fresh cut grass and the humidity of a greenhouse in the air. Wilson started his day off with a horrible morning. He woke to his mother’s weeping. Wilson rose from his bed slowly as he always did in his outfit, slipped his feet in his beaten sneakers, and walked to the small trailer’s kitchen stumbling. (Whenever he was not working on schoolwork or daily chores he just decided to sleep. He never made his bed, nor did he bother to change into sleepwear. He would just always lie down and wait until his world faded to black. He was considered as a teen idle.) “Ma… Mama, what’s the matter?” Wilson asked Ms. Rine only to be left with no answer. He glanced over at her hands, and in their grasp was a small silver locket necklace. Wilson slowly began to fill with anger. He breathed heavily, and his face slowly brightened red. Ms. Rine knew her son had caught sight of the necklace and this only made her cry more, tears began to come from her eyes more frequently and mucus built up in the deep of her throat. She began to whimper “Whyyy?” and started to shake rapidly from what seemed to be the feeling of fear. There was a long silence in the trailer besides Wilson's heavy breathing. “Why?! Why?!" Wilson suddenly shouted back, “You continue to cry over this piece of s**t as if you and I will be forgiven by the ‘O Almighty!’ for what we did.” Ms. Rine started to kick and scream at the reply Wilson gave. She fell to the floor and clumsily got up trying to grasp at her son with the face of hatred. Wilson batted her away and ran out of the trailer’s screen door laughing twistedly. “There won’t be a time machine during your lifetime!” he blurted continuing to laugh. Without backpack or lunchbox Wilson began to walk his way to school. He went and as every other day, met noone new. Before returning home Wilson stopped by an abandoned farm where he hung out in the barn. Inside of the barn was nothing but two wooden barrels, twenty-eight bales of straw, four wheel barrows, and one horse skeleton. He counted it all and the horse skeleton being the only thing of an odd quantity, he found it somehow fascinating. He named the skeleton “Sparkle” because of the dust on the bones that reflected sun and moonlight from the barn’s window. He talked to Sparkle. Wilson told Sparkle all of his life’s stories, he laughed with Sparkle, and also when in a good mood shared leftover food with Sparkle. He even made a rhyme he would sing just for Sparkle… about Sparkle:
Oh hey now!
On a left to burn farm, sits an unharmed Barn,
With so much hay, it resembles Yarn,
It shelters my best pal Sparkle,
When I appear he’s very hard to startle!
I say
!”

This is what Wilson would repeat. He sung the six lines to the point he had no room for any more information in his miserable mind. After visiting his pal Sparkle, Wilson waved farewell and walked home cheerfully whistling the rhythm to Sparkle’s sacred song. When Wilson returned home at 10:49 he watched a horrible sight. His mother was drunk and using heavy drugs, she was wearing no clothes at all and had cuts all across her body. Her eyes were sunken when she looked over at Wilson. She started to walk towards him sluggishly. Wilson was in such shock he didn’t make one step away. “We we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we… didn’t have to eat that badly that night did we Wilson?” her eyes began to tear up while she started to giggle, “Were we that hungry Wilson? Hm? *burp*”. “Well look at this. You turned into a better woman than you were before!” Wilson replied while grinning and examining his mother. Ms. Rine started to giggle more helplessly “You make me so proud!” instantly after hearing this, Wilson hit his mother and she fell to the ground. Wilson covered his mother’s neck with his hands and began to choke while she continued to cry and giggle. Wilson tightened his grasp and held her down when she began to move violently. “Urk Urk Urk, Uhhhhgn, Engh!” were the last sounds made by Ms. Rine before her movements came to a stop, and her reddened face whitened. Her eyes were still open as if staring at Wilson to haunt him. After a while her pupils dilated. Wilson sat on the living room floor for about an hour emotionless staring into his mother’s eyes. His arms and head were hot but the night was cold. He sweat as if he never sweat before, his skin began to gleam. He got up and tossed his mother’s lifeless body over his shoulders. He pulled open the trailer's metal door then pushed the screen door and began to walk back to his pal’s place, the barn. The town was quiet not one person was out and about at midnight, the moon was bright and the wind was heavy. Wilson began humming Sparkle’s song.
Oh hey now!
On a left to burn farm, sits an unharmed Barn,
With so much hay, it resembles Yarn,
It shelters my best pal Sparkle,
When I appear he’s very hard to startle!
I say
!”

Wilson opened the barn’s doors and they creaked loudly. Inside the barn was dark, Wilson used a lighter he carried to try and make out the area of the barn. After his eyes adjusted, Wilson could see the dead horse’s bones twinkling in the moonlight. “Hi Sparkle! What are you doing up so late?” Wilson asked, “Oh Me? I just was looking for a midnight snack Wilson.” Sparkle replied, “Oh were you? Well aren’t we in luck?! Look what I have with me!” Wilson slung his mother’s body on the barn’s ground, her body hit the floor with a *thud*. “Let’s say our grace! Mmm. Lord, thank you for making my parents so deeelicious! Amen!” Wilson shouted madly. He took out a switchblade from his pocket and began to remove the organs of his mother, putting them in one of the two barrels. He took the split skin of his mother and threw it over Sparkle as a blanket to a bed; He tried fitting the skin to Sparkle’s bones as best he could. The skin just tore and slid off Sparkle’s bones onto the hay-covered ground. Wilson cursed loudly about the skin not fitting. He stomped in a fit back over to the barrel with the flesh contents. He dragged the barrel outside of the barn and tipped it over on a pile of sticks. “So you didn’t think dad tasted good Ma? Hm? Answer me!” Wilson stared at the organs, took his lighter, and set the sticks aflame. He had a crazy look on his face: A wide grin, sunken eyes, tensed eyebrows, and a flared nose. Wilson had gone completely insane. He cooked the organs that night and in the morning attended school, this time he had his lunchbox and backpack. August 11th around 4th Block (Lunchtime) All the students went outside to converse and have lunch, boy, were they in for a surprise! Wilson Rine took out the Heart from his lunchbox and in front of 40-70 classmates and withthe blood, drew a satanic circle with the diameter of 50 meters. Replacing that of a goats’, Wilson removed from his backpack Sparkle’s head and set it in the center. He lit the blood and the satanic circle burned. Students were scared for their lives because even after all of that they had to face Wilson’s loaded sub-machine gun that he robbed from a gun shop earlier that morning.
[This is where you play “Pumped Up Kicks” and imagine the scene of shooting and screaming.]

The next day it was reported that 10 students and 1 teacher died from the shooting, and 4 students were seriously injured. Wilson Rine (Age 15) is now spending the rest of his time in Tespar Pines Insane Asylum. His last words before being sentenced to life in Tespar Pines Insane Asylum were: “Hi! My name is Wilson Rine. I find that here, there are not many people to befriend. I used to attend a high school of about 40-70 students, 30-50 now. It didn’t have a sports team, an auditorium, not even a cafeteria. Now everybody has to eat either in the classes or hallways, NEVER outside.”
-The End-

[Sick huh? It was the "Faucet State".]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm
It is, indeed, a very twisted story! If there was a little more background I think it would have been better. Also, when you post stories on here, you might want to format them a little different. More paragraphs. When someone starts a new piece of dialogue, you skip a line.

"That's quite horrific!" Astrauld exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

"I thought it would be." Kailua replied.

Something like what I just did above. It makes it a lot easier to read. Other than that, it was quite sadistic!  

His Majesty Satan
Captain

I 999 I

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:13 pm
Elder Astrauld
It is, indeed, a very twisted story! If there was a little more background I think it would have been better. Also, when you post stories on here, you might want to format them a little different. More paragraphs. When someone starts a new piece of dialogue, you skip a line.

Something like what I just did above. It makes it a lot easier to read. Other than that, it was quite sadistic!

THANK YOU SO MUCH EA!
I agree with you entirely. I added some hints of Mystery into it to make readers wonder a bit. Thanks for the advice and tips on writing dialogue also. I too found that reading the quotes were a bit difficult. I will certainly use that technique in future stories. I've had friends off of Gaia to read it and they've said things like it shocked them, haha.
Thanks so much Elder Astrauld, It's really great to have someone read my story and comment on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Kapitan Kailua
Elder Astrauld

THANK YOU SO MUCH EA!
I agree with you entirely. I added some hints of Mystery into it to make readers wonder a bit. Thanks for the advice and tips on writing dialogue also. I too found that reading the quotes were a bit difficult. I will certainly use that technique in future stories. I've had friends off of Gaia to read it and they've said things like it shocked them, haha.
Thanks so much Elder Astrauld, It's really great to have someone read my story and comment on it.

No problem whatsoever.  

His Majesty Satan
Captain

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 am
Very nice. Very twisted. I do agree with Astrauld above in starting a new line with the dialogue. All in all, nice twisted piece of fiction.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 pm
Night Kunoichi
Very nice. Very twisted. I do agree with Astrauld above in starting a new line with the dialogue. All in all, nice twisted piece of fiction.

Night Kunoichi! Thank you so much for reading my story!  

I 999 I

Prophet

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:49 pm
Kapitan Kailua
Night Kunoichi

Night Kunoichi! Thank you so much for reading my story!

No problem. :3 The horror on this guild seems to sadly go by with little notice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm
Forgot to put this in! A suggestion for you: At the shooting scene, it would really be nice to see it written out. And you could still catch the song in it too. you could incorporate the lyrics and describe different parts of the shooting.  

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Horror

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items