Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Chatterbox
little help me move forward with my art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zarr pyrus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm
well im zarr pyrus and i like to do realistic drawings and makeing that are black and white and i need a little help with where to put shadow on my drawing because i've think i have been guessing on where to put them in my art for awhile...... i know i havent posted on the forum but idk how 2 set links 2 wat but for examples of my art u can visit my profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:27 am
put the shadows were ever the light isn't facing. (make believe light.)

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

DrksStoryteller9000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm
make sure that you look for an adequate light source. where the light source is make it light. also, you will of course have your dark areas as well. when working with darker areas it generally is found where a body part or certain peace is lifted. for instance if you are working on a human and there arm is raised the bottom of the arm will be dark and the top of it is usually brighter. also, the chin will always be darker, unless that person you are drawing is turned to the light source. under the eyes is generally darker as well. make sure to add shading to the cheeks to. Now with doing animals, it is almost the same concept with humans, but of course there will be areas that are naturally darker without a light source. if you have any further questions feel free to pm me smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 pm
thank you i don't usually draw people or animals i draw wierd stuffs like objects and piece them together 2 like form a different picture that makes u look at it but i have to shade where light is coming from and i gets confusing lol and thanks again for the advice.....plus idk how 2 post stuff sad i just figured out how to post on the arean  

Zarr pyrus

DrksStoryteller9000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:20 pm
Zarr pyrus
thank you i don't usually draw people or animals i draw wierd stuffs like objects and piece them together 2 like form a different picture that makes u look at it but i have to shade where light is coming from and i gets confusing lol and thanks again for the advice.....plus idk how 2 post stuff sad i just figured out how to post on the arean

well its almost the same, you shade where the objects overlap. well about the posting pictures... well if you have an image saved elsewhere on the internet all you have to do is click on IMG it will say the image url, on the other website right click and then choose the option copy image URL and then paste where it says. that is one way to do it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 pm
DLT15dragonlord
Zarr pyrus

well its almost the same, you shade where the objects overlap. well about the posting pictures... well if you have an image saved elsewhere on the internet all you have to do is click on IMG it will say the image url, on the other website right click and then choose the option copy image URL and then paste where it says. that is one way to do it

thxs lol so i can just post it on the guild forum  

Zarr pyrus

DrksStoryteller9000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm
Zarr pyrus
DLT15dragonlord
Zarr pyrus

you can post it anywhere really, pms, guilds, and forums. oh and even as your signature, well like i said have any further questions feel free to pm me  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 pm
DLT15dragonlord
Zarr pyrus
DLT15dragonlord
Zarr pyrus

you can post it anywhere really, pms, guilds, and forums. oh and even as your signature, well like i said have any further questions feel free to pm me

k thanks lol  

Zarr pyrus

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces