DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:46 pm
Come here to discuss the Beastmen of fantasy base Warhammer.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:35 am
Don't like them very much but the beastman shaggoth is a very powerful unit, very tought to kill. apart from that i think that they arn't very good.  

Traitor Jacknife

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:12 am
Traitor Jacknife
Don't like them very much but the beastman shaggoth is a very powerful unit, very tought to kill. apart from that i think that they arn't very good.

again, play against them for once, dont think you'll last long against a well balanced one (or an out of balanced one with only minotaurs and other multiple wound stuff for that matter)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:29 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

again, play against them for once, dont think you'll last long against a well balanced one (or an out of balanced one with only minotaurs and other multiple wound stuff for that matter)
Never played with them or against them, Oh and I'm no n00b general I have 6 years behind me. I'm only going on reports and storiyes i've been told.  

Traitor Jacknife

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:29 am
During the last great GW sale many years ago, I bought alot of minotaurs and if I can find them, add some converted orges and build up my Shaggoth, I can take to the field with that exact unbalanced army X3 Hur hur hur  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:00 pm
Ah, the great snarling beasts that i know and love as Beasts of Chaos...Honestly, the shaggoth...a giant hulking mass of muscle, anger, hunger and hate coming right at you with two hand weapons...how can you not love it...ah anyways, who has seen anyone field any centigors...their a perfectly good unit when used right, but ive never seen anyone use them. I feel sorry for those little cannablistic buggers...getting ignored...sniffle sad  

SydBarrett

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:54 am
I have centigors o.O Well will do once I actually start work on my Beast army ;>.>  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:58 am
I don't play Beastmen but the Centigors look amazingly strong!  

MoonlightSun

Jerhien

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:01 am
I play a very mobile beastmen army that uses two units of centigors and two units of warhounds, backed by a few chariots and a LOT of ambushing units.
The army is actually very strong, people just shy away from a leadership lower than 8 or 9. The ambush ability can work wonders against warmachines and for flanking units, also the warhounds can ambush in from the flanks of the enemy.
And then there's always the shaggoth and dragon ogres (if you take them) for heavy engagements. what a cool army the beasts are!
Sorry, I play wood elves (my favorite army) and the beastmen are there polar opposites (for some reason it makes me like them a lot too).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:45 am
well, its nice to see that centigors do have some following...ive just not seen anyone field them before thats why i asked...oh, i was wondering, since my beastmen are going to be going up against orcs primarily, what units should i include in my army? Im definitely including a Shaggoth and some minotaurs, and obviously im going to include the standard Gors and UnGors but im at a loss for anything else...  

SydBarrett

Jerhien

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:51 pm
I'd use Warhounds to draw out there fanatics before the big guys got close, that way your shaggoth won't get gakked by a whirling ball of giblinoid doom. Khornegors are awesome for rippng up greenskins, and dragons ogres (if you have them) while pricey are fast, and probably the hardest hitting unit in the game. You want things that won't get slowed down by t-4 so anything s-4 should do fine. If he plays a magic heavy Waagh you'll probably need to be able to counter that as well so packing 2-4 dispel scrolls is probably a good idea.
I've always found that Tuskgor chariots make short work of orcs as well. You already said you were bringin minotaurs (probably your best bet for this fight) so I' think you'll be just fine.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:37 pm
Watch out for Black Orcs w/great weapons, a squad boss with one insta-kills chariots. Draw the fanatics out with an expendable unit, or if you can have something show up on the board withing 8 inches of them, do. Also, be careful of a spell called "Gorks Warpath", it can hurt most troops with the s6 hits.  

Drachyench

Jerhien

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:49 am
True! You could also throw a character into the chariot and challenge the black orc unit leader (yes you can do this) and try to gank him before he gets a chance to do any damage.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:18 am
Jerhien
True! You could also throw a character into the chariot and challenge the black orc unit leader (yes you can do this) and try to gank him before he gets a chance to do any damage.

Just make sure it isn't a Big-Boss or Warboss, Borgut, or Grimgor, if it is, you need a S5 or better weapon to do damage. Plus, if fighting Borgut, he has that special move to look out for, but Borgut isn't as good a Chariot killer though. Also, try to get the chariot model to HIT the champion, Impact hits kill leaders real quickly.  

Drachyench

Greenblade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:25 pm
I need to get the sixth edition chaos book. I am use to playing the fifth edition. Beastmen can do suprisingly well against Britonians. Shamans can make the army very impressive. But I would like them to have archers.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff