Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Critique?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello!
  +1
View Results

Lovely Lucifer

Sparkly Cultist

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 pm
I would post in the original art forums but the majority that goes on there are just there to start some fights and slap some pimps.

So I've been asking some of my friends if they could help me find out what I need to improve on before my birthday comes up which is no less than a month left until I'm one year older and still the worst artist.

They just avoid my questions and if I mention that they are they yell at me or ignore that, too. And the others just think I was talking to them for only that in the first place and, goshies, headaches.

But yes I am going all over the place and sobbing because I have no assistance and there are kids five years under me that are better than I would ever be. So just be aware I have feels, yo.

http://trivixa.deviantart.com/art/Just-being-a-butt-301064737?q=in:scraps sort:time gallery:trivixa&qo=1
And I messed this one up a bunch
http://trivixa.deviantart.com/art/More-crap-301065387?q=in:scraps sort:time gallery:trivixa&qo=0

Usually I learn something new every day by looking at other art but lately it's just really killer, probably the only thing I've learned lately is that good art is a passing excuse for a sorry character. And then ranting and drama and I'm sorry for my plenty rambling! ;u;

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm
Watch your head proportions... (the second picture)
Also do you use an outline before you start out?? That usually helps..

The first picture, honestly it looks good for a sketch. (if you were sketching?)

Also, I know how you feel about learning new things about art. There have been points in time where I just could NOT draw worth a flip and didn't learn squat and even now some times I still don't. Art takes time and practice. You've got to be patient. smile

The kids that are younger than you probably just learn faster. Don't sweat it.
There will always be someone out there that can out do us. Besides I'm sure you can draw things that they can't.

I looked through your deviantart too. I seen you were having trouble with hands...? `Hellobaby has a tutorial for drawing hands and faces if you would like to check it out smile
http://hellobaby.deviantart.com/gallery/3150841

Hope this helps! smile

T Y M A H

Lovely Lucifer

Sparkly Cultist

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:39 pm
Yeah but who doesn't? u w u thank you~

Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions