Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Topic, Expand! :: Interpretations of Alice in Ballet Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of ballet, in general?
  I don't understand the grandeur surrounding it. I hate it. =_=;
  While generally I wouldn't consider myself someone who enjoys ballet, I'm not extremely opposed to it. If the subject is interesting, I'm interested.
  I'm neutral; I have no extreme feelings either way about ballet.
  I've never been to the ballet/seen it before!
  While it isn't my favorite form of dramatic interpretation, I do enjoy the occasional ballet.
  I love it!!!! My favorite form of dramatic expression!
View Results

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:58 pm
Hello, everyone. Now, if you're like me, you just love the ballet. And if you don't like the ballet, well HA you're not getting off that easily; you're still like me. I know because you're here.

The Washington Ballet's ALICE (in wonderland)

Linked above is a review for the ballet ALICE (in wonderland), which is, you might have guessed, an interpretation of Alice in Wonderland. It's a positive review, by the way, and while I haven't seen it myself, I'm going to be scouring the internet in pursuit of somewhere to watch it. It looks and sounds spectacular; with costumes designed by one of the minds behind Cirque du Soleil and an athletic, open interpretation of what is required for a ballet, I'm just dying to see this unique interpretation.

And it turns out that Washington isn't the only place that knows how to craft a mean ballet. I found this article about a dance studio in Hawaii who is also putting on an Alice production. The link leads to local times and such, but it also seems like a really cute interpretation! It is put on by the West Hawaii Dance Academy, and, according to the article, features as many as 80 dancers! Awesome!

So, what do you think? Have any of you seen this interpretation of Alice? Want to see it? What do you think of the idea of merging something so traditionally structured (ballet) with something so whimsical and unfettered as Wonderland?

I'm going to keep searching for information about this; I'll share if I find anything new! ^_^b

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:14 pm
Did someone say ALICE (in wonderland) ballet? emotion_kirakira

Oh, that looks interesting! I like ballet, but I have never been to a show. I think I might with ALICE (in wonderland). 3nodding  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:22 pm
Seteppe

Oh, that looks interesting! I like ballet, but I have never been to a show. I think I might with ALICE (in wonderland). 3nodding

Someone did! And that someone was me! XD ...totally stealing credit from the article writers here, huh? XD

Oh, that's wonderful! Do you live nearby? I really do recommend going to see a ballet in person... it's just so beautiful. The atmosphere just isn't the same when you watch it on tv or online. >w<

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:26 pm
Lady March Hare
Seteppe

Someone did! And that someone was me! XD ...totally stealing credit from the article writers here, huh? XD

Oh, that's wonderful! Do you live nearby? I really do recommend going to see a ballet in person... it's just so beautiful. The atmosphere just isn't the same when you watch it on tv or online. >w<

Nahhh.

And, no, sadly I don't. emotion_8c But, maybe it'll tour near me.  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm
Seteppe
Nahhh.

Darn. >_< Oh, yes, I forgot about touring somehow... well, here's hoping! It would be so cool if someone from the guild could go and give us a first-hand account on the experience. I know I'd totally do it. And sneak pics. XD

But until then, I'm hoping to find it online somewhere. >3>

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:51 pm
Lady March Hare
Seteppe
Nahhh.

Darn. >_< Oh, yes, I forgot about touring somehow... well, here's hoping! It would be so cool if someone from the guild could go and give us a first-hand account on the experience. I know I'd totally do it. And sneak pics. XD

But until then, I'm hoping to find it online somewhere. >3>

I would sneak pics too! Lol. smile

If you do, share them with me? emotion_kirakira  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:51 pm
Seteppe

Most assuredly, I will share it if I find it online! whee I've recently committed myself to adding as much new content/talking points to this guild as I can. Because this place is awesome. emotion_dowant

So, what attracts you to this ballet? I'm looking forward to the costumes and the interpretation... I feel like Alice in Wonderland would be difficult to adapt to stage.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm
Lady March Hare
Seteppe

Most assuredly, I will share it if I find it online! whee I've recently committed myself to adding as much new content/talking points to this guild as I can. Because this place is awesome. emotion_dowant

So, what attracts you to this ballet? I'm looking forward to the costumes and the interpretation... I feel like Alice in Wonderland would be difficult to adapt to stage.

Yes, I love it here. 3nodding

I like the story line and the costumes. emotion_dowant  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:15 pm
Seteppe

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that, because this is an awesome place! >w<

Ooooh, yes, the costumes! It's a lot of promise to be advertising them as created by one of the Cirque people... they do such amazing work. At first they seemed like a strange choice... but upon further contemplation, it seems like an amazing choice. I mean, the Cirque is full of colorful and zany costuming... that can work!! XD

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:10 pm
Lady March Hare
Seteppe

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that, because this is an awesome place! >w<

Ooooh, yes, the costumes! It's a lot of promise to be advertising them as created by one of the Cirque people... they do such amazing work. At first they seemed like a strange choice... but upon further contemplation, it seems like an amazing choice. I mean, the Cirque is full of colorful and zany costuming... that can work!! XD

Mhm! <3 3 <3  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Seteppe
Mhm! <3 3 <3

I'm trying to Google the ballet and get some pictures of the costume specifics... but it turns out that there are a lot of Alice ballets. owo Or, at least, a lot of graceful ballerinas posing in Alice-esque costumes. XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:57 pm
Lady March Hare
Seteppe
Mhm! <3 3 <3

I'm trying to Google the ballet and get some pictures of the costume specifics... but it turns out that there are a lot of Alice ballets. owo Or, at least, a lot of graceful ballerinas posing in Alice-esque costumes. XD

Really? Who would of thunk it?  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:26 pm
Seteppe

Not me, that's for sure. XD I feel like I've completely missed a lot of Alice-related material! Not a very observant Hare... >3>  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 pm
Lady March Hare
Seteppe

Not me, that's for sure. XD I feel like I've completely missed a lot of Alice-related material! Not a very observant Hare... >3>

I doubt that! You seem very observant!  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm
Seteppe
I doubt that! You seem very observant!

Nope; a teensy bit obsessive, but not observant.

But there seem to be literally a dozen Alice interpretations out there in ballet... they're all so pretty! owo

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games