Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Controling spells Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:50 pm
well before i get to the point let me tell you the story:

I was at my bestfriend's (lets call him C) begining of summer party and C's gf (her well call M) told me that she was a pagan. i asked "WTF is that?" "im a spooky witch" M replied she then shouted "BOO". well noticing she had to many happy pills i started to ignore her till she demanded i do a spell with her before she damned my soul to hell! that scared the s**t out of me so i followed her she started doing werid dances and took off most of her colths. then she colapsed and fell asleep. i told C about wha M had told me and he said she was just high.

yester day i send C an IM about this (since i had resently decide to learn about Pagans) and he said she put a spell on him to make C lover her. i was thinking and dosn't that count as some thing that would be bad to do, controlling another? Today I saw M in the mall she had tattos and was dressed peculer, and when she walked past me she sopoke some odd words into my ear. i guessed it to be a hex to i walked faster and rushed home and now im typeing this story.

ok the two questions are:
1) is controlling another purpoulsy bad
2) what should i do if she did hex me?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:06 pm
Twack

well for the first one, yes, cotrolling someone agenst thier will is bad. Ofcorse she might not have put a spell on your friend. She might have told him that or maby he thinks that because he suddenly fell out of love. As for the second one, considering how she was dressed she might have been trying to scare you. If not, just remember, hexs and curses need the "victem" to believ in them. Do you know what she said? If it was just a bunch of made up words then most likly she was just trying to scare you.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:33 pm
no it was realy fast and kina angry. i coulndt under stand a word. i know it wasn't english though  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:47 pm
Neko_Bast
Twack

well for the first one, yes, cotrolling someone agenst thier will is bad. Ofcorse she might not have put a spell on your friend. She might have told him that or maby he thinks that because he suddenly fell out of love. As for the second one, considering how she was dressed she might have been trying to scare you. If not, just remember, hexs and curses need the "victem" to believ in them. Do you know what she said? If it was just a bunch of made up words then most likly she was just trying to scare you.

Actually, in many traditions, spellwork that controls someone isn't taboo at all. And, according to many traditions, the victim doesn't not need to believe in or even know about the curse for it to work. It's really up to your path.  

midara the happy banshee

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:56 pm
I didn't know that ..... biggrin now I know. I just wrote what I had always heard  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:14 pm
Twack

Yes, manipulating someone's free will is generally considered a very bad thing to do. Yes, she may have just been trying to scare you.

If it's REALLY bothering you... You can try a satchel of herbs. *Refers to one of her many herbal reference books* Any little bag you can carry with you will do, it doesn't have to be a lot. Try a white bag, just for the addition of a purifying color. Some Hex-breaking herbs include: Bamboo, chilli pepper, and thistle. Some protection herbs include: Aloe, bamboo, basil, bay, clove, clover, eucalyptus, garlic, ginseng, lavendar, pepper, rice, and sage. Most of them are easily accessable. Put the herbs in the bag, close it up, and hold it in your hands. Envision the bag glowing with a White light. Think about what you want to accomplish. *protection, hex breaking, ect...*

After that, you can sleep with it under your pillow, keep it in your wallet, or pocket...

Still, I wouldn't reccomend getting too worried over it. It sounds to me like she was just all talk. Just try not to get paranoid over it. The best thing to do is not to get an amulet or an herb satchel or anything. The best thing to do would really be to shrug it off. Don't worry about it. The more you think about it, the more it will seem like everything bad happening in your life was all because of her and that darn hex. You might start blaming bumping your head or getting caught in the rain on that hex and that's just not healthy. If you can ignore it on your own, it will be the best. You don't need to cling to a spell for protection.
Just know in your heart that she has no power over you.  

Arichan16

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:06 pm
Arichan16
Twack

Yes, manipulating someone's free will is generally considered a very bad thing to do.
Not all the time. Just because one tradition disagrees with it doesn't mean it's a bad thing to do. There are some traditions that do it quite frequently. Psi magic, for example. If you ever try putting an idea in someone's head and realise how easy it is, you'll realise why people base practises around it. Your morality is not universal. That said, manipulation isn't one of my more favoured ways of working.

Quote:
Yes, she may have just been trying to scare you.
That I'll definately agree with you on. biggrin

Quote:
If it's REALLY bothering you... You can try a satchel of herbs. *Refers to one of her many herbal reference books*...
Useful advice, but before you raid your parents' spices and herbs, I would highly doubt that you were ever cursed in the first place. What would she want to curse you for anyway? wink As far as I know the best way to make this disappear is to do nothing and stop thinking about it. Most likely she didn't do anything to you in the first place. If you keep thinking she did, likelihoods are that you'll just 'curse' yourself by being distracted, clumsy and expecting yourself to see the effects of what she's done. So just ignore it. It sounds like she wanted to scare you more than anything else. Don't worry about it.

Oh, and if she was trying to go for some sort of manipulation, the easiest way to manipulate someone is through fear. She can only succeed if you allow yourself to be scared by her.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:22 pm
missmagpie
Arichan16
Yes, manipulating someone's free will is generally considered a very bad thing to do.
Not all the time. Just because one tradition disagrees with it doesn't mean it's a bad thing to do. There are some traditions that do it quite frequently. Psi magic, for example. If you ever try putting an idea in someone's head and realise how easy it is, you'll realise why people base practises around it. Your morality is not universal. That said, manipulation isn't one of my more favoured ways of working.

I already mostly-answered Twack's questions over in Sacred Sources, since he posted there as well, but I did want to address this.

My general philosophy on the subject is that if I wouldn't want someone else to perform an act upon me, I will not perform it on anyone else. I don't want anyone else messing with my free will (the advertisers and politicians already try to do that all the time, thank you), therefore, I would never impose my will on someone else.

I figure it's only fair. If you are willing to do that kind of work, you should be willing to have it returned upon you.

Now, I agree, everyone's morality is not the same. That's just what I believe.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:41 pm
Jishin
My general philosophy on the subject is that if I wouldn't want someone else to perform an act upon me, I will not perform it on anyone else. I don't want anyone else messing with my free will (the advertisers and politicians already try to do that all the time, thank you), therefore, I would never impose my will on someone else.

I figure it's only fair. If you are willing to do that kind of work, you should be willing to have it returned upon you.
Oh I agree. That's much the way I work as well. It's not a thing of "OMG it'll come back 9 TIMES" or anything, it's just a simple thing of human courtesy. And it also makes me feel dirty when I do it... which is why I stopped. But just because you disagree with a certain technique doesn't mean it's always inherently bad. That's what I disagreed with in my earlier post. Morality is NOT universal, and there ARE people who base their practise on psychic manipulation. I just don't like it myself. Each to their own. biggrin It's actually a fascinating realm of practise to study, and isn't just limited to pagans or conscious magic practitioners. Looking at mob mentality and Nazi Germany (just an example) it's amazing how thoughts can be implanted into peoples' heads and how people are quite frequently manipulated by politicians, advertisement campaigns, friends etc. In a way it's become a lot more widespread than we'd like to think...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:23 pm
Heh. My path has no prohibitions ingrained in the tradition to suggest that the use of magic to influence another is immoral.

In fact, that's how I got my husband. The pop-warm-'n-fuzzy approch to "Oh nose! Don't do that! It's against the Wiccan Rede", fails. It's not a universal concept- shouldn't be treated and such and is met with my most vicious of rebuttles.

That said, I'm willing to bet she's a flake who can't tie her shoes without blaming the little pippers for untieing them.

If you're worried about her- ground, banish and shield, and be done with it.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:53 pm
I tend to believe that if you think someone has fried you, the best thing to do is confront them with one of the most important magical tools of all. The hallowed "******** you" baseball bat.
The first thing I'd do is look them straight in they eye and say "not only am I not afraid of you but I reject any power you think you may have over me". Wield the hallowed "******** you" baseball bat at them and say "if you try any mojo on me, the ******** You baseball bat will know.... it has a penchant for inserting itself into tight places... right now your nose is looking tempting.... better hope that's where it wants to go if you try anything".

This will serve two purposes.
One, it disempowers the retard trying to fry you.
Two, it's a hell of a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:00 pm
reagun ban
I tend to believe that if you think someone has fried you, the best thing to do is confront them with one of the most important magical tools of all. The hallowed "******** you" baseball bat.
The first thing I'd do is look them straight in they eye and say "not only am I not afraid of you but I reject any power you think you may have over me". Wield the hallowed "******** you" baseball bat at them and say "if you try any mojo on me, the ******** You baseball bat will know.... it has a penchant for inserting itself into tight places... right now your nose is looking tempting.... better hope that's where it wants to go if you try anything".

My Baba used a cane for that.

A four foot nothin' silver haired woman cussing someone out in a mix of three different languages waving a cane and telling them where they can stick it is such a beautiful sight.  

TeaDidikai

MOD66

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:36 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

My Baba used a cane for that.

A four foot nothin' silver haired woman cussing someone out in a mix of three different languages waving a cane and telling them where they can stick it is such a beautiful sight.
rofl ROFL rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:38 pm
heart

Personally this girl sounds like a loony attention-craving girl with little to nothing in terms of magical prowess. However, if you can't think that to yourself without 200% certainty (or approach her with the ******** You baseball bat whee ) then I do think something like a satchel of herbs, a banishing ritual, etc, would help, otherwise you just might start subconsciously manifesting bad s**t for yourself on your own.  

MST3Kakalina

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:24 am
MST3Kakalina
heart

Personally this girl sounds like a loony attention-craving girl with little to nothing in terms of magical prowess. However, if you can't think that to yourself without 200% certainty (or approach her with the ******** You baseball bat whee ) then I do think something like a satchel of herbs, a banishing ritual, etc, would help, otherwise you just might start subconsciously manifesting bad s**t for yourself on your own.
Warding. Don't forget warding.

All the banishing in the world won't do you any good if you sweep out the nasty stuff and forget to close the door.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff