Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Story Development/Ideas
lazyness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beauty_Neko

Timid Girl

12,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:38 am
i love to write stories, and i have many ideas.

but im lazy and everytime i sit infront of my pc, i wont write or just a little.. plus when im infront of my pc, the ideas just go away. i just have good ideas, when i lie in my bed...

what can i do crying  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm
I have the same problem; I even write down ideas at work or put them on my phone if I have them before I fall asleep, and then I go to put them on the computer and I just lose it... I found my problem is usually over thinking and if I just write, it'll come, and then I get self conscious and that's when I stop.

So maybe just forcing yourself to do it and not rereading it or anything until you're well along or finished might help. Maybe get into the habit of doing writing prompts just to build a habit of writing every day and then start really working on your ideas. Anything to make it a habit really; I've found a lot of writing is just that, building a habit.  

Asdis_Svana

4,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 pm
Beauty_Neko
i love to write stories, and i have many ideas.

but im lazy and everytime i sit infront of my pc, i wont write or just a little.. plus when im infront of my pc, the ideas just go away. i just have good ideas, when i lie in my bed...

what can i do crying

Okay, so I just recently read something from a link in this guild called the "Snowflake Method". Here's what you do:
1] Summarise the plot in a sentence no longer than 15 words.
2] Write a short blurb.
3] Draw up character sheets for each main character.
4] Decide on three major incidents in the plot, then write the ending.
5] Draft out a list of "cool phrases, bits and pieces" that you'll incorporate into the story as you go.
Don't ever give up! And don't worry if it doesn't turn out right. Also an idea for when you're lying in bed - say what you're thinking out loud. Have a little monologue, a catchphrase or a poem or a song to jog your memory for later ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:27 pm
There are some writers I know that always carry around a notebook or recorder with them. Many times you will simply come up with ideas while you're doing something, which is when your notebook/recorder will come in handy!  

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Ellameno-P

Nuclear Nymph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:13 am
^o^ These are all such great ideas! I like them, it will really help me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 am
I think you should write down your ideas on paper first, then when you have that all out, go to PC and start typing. biggrin  

Mizz Frappuccino

Beloved Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
Story Development/Ideas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items