Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Is this guild full of dead v*gns?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 pm
I'm serious. I haven't seen activity in this place for over a year. So is it dead?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:44 pm
Well, it hasn't been over a year, but the last post made was by me five months ago. sad

I've sent out a couple guild announcements trying to get activity back in the guild, but no bites so far. If you have any ideas on how to increase activity, share 'em! smile  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:10 am
Ailinea
Well, it hasn't been over a year, but the last post made was by me five months ago. sad

I've sent out a couple guild announcements trying to get activity back in the guild, but no bites so far. If you have any ideas on how to increase activity, share 'em! smile

How about a section that has links to the different veg*n products, and places where we can find coupons for them as well?

Maybe new artwork on your header? That might bring people in.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 am
Ailinea

New banners and everything, be very creative and maybe some guild members are kind of sad to hear owner isn't vegan or vegetarian at all. So it's easy to be not as active as we could...  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:01 pm
I suppose that's right. I'm not vegetarian; I took it over when I was, but I still support it 100% until I get back on the track of doing it (though I think not being active simply for that is a pretty shitty excuse, but that's just my humble opinon...). I'd be more than happy to give ownership to someone who is, but no one is active, and my requests for crew are usually met with nothing... sad

Also, I'm art retarded. So finding someone to do that would be a challenge, considering I don't venture very far into Gaia outside of my guilds.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm
I've noticed that too. it' really quite sad. The peta2 boards get really old really fast(not enough activity on there for me coupled with trolls/idiots)

I'd be happy to help design a new banner if it's decided on. I'm a good traditional artist and a halfway decent digital one.  

Peppermint Cherry

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 am
Ailinea
I suppose that's right. I'm not vegetarian; I took it over when I was, but I still support it 100% until I get back on the track of doing it (though I think not being active simply for that is a pretty shitty excuse, but that's just my humble opinon...). I'd be more than happy to give ownership to someone who is, but no one is active, and my requests for crew are usually met with nothing... sad

Also, I'm art retarded. So finding someone to do that would be a challenge, considering I don't venture very far into Gaia outside of my guilds.

I am so sorry to hear that Ailinea. I am willing to make banners and everything you may need help with if you are still wanting this guild to be more active. I am happy you still somehow care and show support even you are not a vegetarian for now

I think it's a bit shame we who know these don't stand out and let others know... This was a great guild I had fun read and posting for a while when it was still pretty active with enthusiastic members

There are lots of free to us art clips on internet we can use to make banner. like this website:

http://openclipart.org/

If you still want this guild to be active please let us who want to help know, can you?  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 pm
Apropos of nothing, I've been vegan for about a year now, and I ate one little snack with a tiny bit of honey on it, and almost vomited. I never ate honey much before, but don't think I'm allergic to it. I didn't have any adverse effects from eating the thing with honey except for the almost-vomit. Any ideas on what it could be?  

winnlovesyou

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:37 pm
winnlovesyou
Apropos of nothing, I've been vegan for about a year now, and I ate one little snack with a tiny bit of honey on it, and almost vomited. I never ate honey much before, but don't think I'm allergic to it. I didn't have any adverse effects from eating the thing with honey except for the almost-vomit. Any ideas on what it could be?

Maybe there was an aversion to the taste. That does happen. I went out to a nice all you can eat upper end buffet, and had to spit up what I ate, because the asparagus wasn't JUST asparagus. It was asparagus *cooked* in BEEF BROTH.

I felt sick to my stomach. And my former friends (take note on former, because there's always more background story then that I am comfortable with posting here) thought it was hilarious.

(Always fun when they are pushing meat around their plate, sticking their forks near my face, daring me to eat from it....)

So, I can taste it no matter what. I *know* the taste. I hate it. And it is sickening to me.

Maybe honey is the same way for you?

(BTW: I had asked the guy behind the counter if it was VEG friendly and he said yes. But I do know that there are many people who don't understand vegetarianism, and/ or don't care to...)  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm
winnlovesyou

You may have become intolerant to it. That happened to me with milk.  

Peppermint Cherry

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:25 pm
Milk is completely different from honey. You become lactose intolerant because you stop producing the enzyme to break it down. There is no honey-breaking enzyme. In my opinion, it's just psychological. There is no valid reason you felt sick from it, other than what was mentioned earlier: food aversion.

Kecitich: If you want to make banners, go for it! Lately I've been really busy working overtime at my job and upping my volunteering at a wildlife rehab by an extra day and a half, so I've had little time for anything lately. I'd love to add some crew members if any one is interested and has been active in the guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:30 am
well i haven't been on gaia in over a year...  

squazilla

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff