Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
A character I need input on

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yaoi priestess

Timid Lovergirl

8,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 am
This is the villain of my scifi movie script. Man he's gone through so many changes and I still don't know if he's right. He allready has such a big creation story behind him. Let me explain.

In the early concept stage he was going to be named Victor. Realizing that was allready a quite common evil name I changed it to professor and it stuck. I wrote my first version of this script with that as his name. Now that I've decided to rewrite it I realized professor was also overused. For a while it was master then for a while I stettlted on genius. But that I also didn't like. So right now I'm considering naming him Professor Karan. Karan means tyrant so it fits his character.

Here's some of his story. He began as a geneticist,but his expirements on humans were considered highly unethical and illegal. Being removed from the scientific comunity he went into hiding and through various ways became rich and secretly powerful. He continued his expirements and created the first successful unnaturally created mutants. Collecting both natural and creating his own mutants he was going to train them and turn them into living weapons but some of his creations became smart enough to rebel. They succeeded and they thought they had killed him when his ship had exploded. But it didn't. He mutated himself and gained incredible abilities. He was actually glad that he was free of his failed creations and continued his research,expirements,and collection of mutants.

I would put more but that would expose the whole plot line. So give me input and tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:08 pm
Well first of all let me tell you that you never have to shy away from a name just because it seems or overused or cliched. If you like it then stick with it. : )

Well he sounds like a good villain and you seem to have him all worked out so what kind of input do you want on him?  

sour_sharks

Backwoods Loiterer

yaoi priestess

Timid Lovergirl

8,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:22 pm
Ouhi_Emi

Thanks. The input was on the name. The reason I changed was a friend of mine told me people wouldn't like another professor because of professor x.This story is a story about mutants so he was worried about copyright infringement also. The reason i changed it form genius was i just didn't like that name,same reason for master. As for Karan i think i can use his name as a kind of gag because everyone will call him Karen instead of Karan.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 pm
kawaiifreak92

Haha trust me you won't have to worry about copyright infringement at all. Thats rather silly actually. I didn't even think about X-men at all. If you like the name then keep it. However I do like Karan being mistaken for Karen.  

sour_sharks

Backwoods Loiterer

yaoi priestess

Timid Lovergirl

8,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:38 pm
Ouhi_Emi

It does add a bit of comedy to a quite serious and dramatic action&scifi story. Now if only the rest of this story would work itself out this eaisly. I need to cut down on my cast since I realized more then half of them only have one line and/or are useless. When I first wrote this I had 36 original mutants. Now I want to cut it down to anywhere from 16-20 because I just don't have enough time to develop them in the first movie but I'll probably them back into the sequals.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 pm
kawaiifreak92
Ouhi_Emi

Thanks. The input was on the name. The reason I changed was a friend of mine told me people wouldn't like another professor because of professor x.This story is a story about mutants so he was worried about copyright infringement also. The reason i changed it form genius was i just didn't like that name,same reason for master. As for Karan i think i can use his name as a kind of gag because everyone will call him Karen instead of Karan.

This just made my life.
Just saying. XD  

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100

yaoi priestess

Timid Lovergirl

8,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 am
The Madlib Hatter

This just made my life.
Just saying. XD

Thanks. But can I ask why?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm
kawaiifreak92
The Madlib Hatter

This just made my life.
Just saying. XD

Thanks. But can I ask why?

Because when I read Karan, I think of some sinister Arabian man with an awesome mustache and a saber. You know, the kind of guy you wouldn't want to mess with.
To have everybody call him Karen by accident is kind of a situational irony, which is just hilarious.  

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Plot/Character/Genre Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items