Submit

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 pm
User Image Winter had already faded from the lowlands and woodlands, and even the peaks had been warming and shedding their winter attire. But there was a spot in the deep woods this spring that did not quite thaw, where frost lingered on the branches and shrubs and half-dead blades of grass. A small spring-fed pool sat near its center, a small rivulet of run-off disappearing somewhere into the trees. And at the edge of this pool a kitsusagi sat staring into the clear water.

While the texture of her fur appeared normally fluffy, her coloration lent an illusion that she was made of ice, pale white and blue hues covering most of her form with a touch of deep and frozen purple upon her wings and back and the ends of her tails. Markings that looked like trails of frost spread down the darkened areas to disappear in the rest of her fur. A veritable cascade of icy white hair flowed around her shoulders, topped by a compliment of shining black beads that might have been black-ice. The beads adorned her forelegs and her tails as well, while highly embroidered and brightly colored clothing adorned most of her form, An attempt on her part perhaps to alleviate her own icy appearance? Only she really knew.

A faint shimmer of icy fog drifted around her form as she stared into the pool, front paws just barely touching the lapping edge of the water. Ice crystals slowly began to form around her toes, spreading outward across the water at an excruciatingly slow pace as she gazed pensively into the water, lost in thought. Where the fog drifted around her body it seemed to further reinforce the frost on the grass and earth around her, while the bits at the edge of the clearing seemed to be trying to thaw. It was fairly obvious what it was that kept winter from leaving this little spot so far off the beaten trail.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 am
User Image Intense golden orbs watched the wintery Kitsu from the shadows of a large tree. Kaale'Indon watched the chilling weather emanate from her, and canted his head to the side. After several moments of silent observation he  eventually left the comforts of his shadowy nook and stepped towards her. His movements were fluid, and he seemed to glide rather than walk as he approached her. -pardon my intrusion...might I join you?- his voice echoed in her mind, it was deep yet melodic, with a light crackle akin to static. He wasnt sure why he approached, he wasn't normally a social being, but it was almost like a compulsion. He felt drawn to her, and almost...curious? 
 Kaale's shadow mane jerked and danced around of it's own accord, as his yellow orbs regarded her, his head tilted to the side softly. 

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm
So far away from the normally populated areas was not a place Akaria had expected to hear a voice, much less directly in her head. The sheer surprise of it coupled with the fact that she had been so deep in thought when it occurred started the wits out of her, and she jumped with fright and spun around to find the speaker. Or would have, except she managed to trip over herself in the process and wound up sprawled on her back with a surprised and slightly pained yip. She scrambled quickly to her feet, eyes finally locating Kaale as she turned -more carefully this time- to face him. Her ears pinned back slightly and she couldn't really help an embarrassed flush at having an audience for her cowardly and clumsy behavior.

"I-I'm not... safe to be around," she finally uttered softly by way of response, eyes flickering slowly away from his face to stare at the frozen grass she'd now thoroughly crushed and broken with her accidental escapade. She'd been trying so hard not to damage it so that it could hopefully recover after she left here... A pang of sadness drifted across her heart and her features at the sight. Why did things always have to die around her?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:16 pm
Kaale's piercing gaze watched her closely as she stumbled and fell over herself, it wasnt judgemental, he was simply....interested in the sudden action.
The fact that he was the cause of her incident was not lost on him and he felt something akin to shame at not first speaking aloud and requestion permission to enter her mind. His tails jerked behind him, as he bowed his head softly. "I..apologize for...startling you...I should have announced my presence before...i intruded into your...mind." His voice was rougher, and held more deep, dark undertones, and seemed to strain him.

At her comment about being unsafe, he cantered his head to the side ever so slightly, as he observed the scene around her more closely, how it eminated from her. "Unsafe? Because the...cold follows...you?" He asked as he laid down, his front paws crossed in front of him, and his eyes gazing up at her. He was a large Kitsu, so he didnt have to crane his neck to 'speak' comfortably with her.

"If...If its alright...could I continue to...speak...in your mind? Vocalizing...is uncomfortable...for me..." He explained.

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 am
Actually hearing his voice with her ears after the initial contact surprised her into looking up at him again. Akaria's ears shifted out to the sides just slightly rather than laying flat against her skull as they had been, as though they were attempting to lift curiously but couldn't quite convince themselves to leave their defensive positions. "You... the startle? Oh. That wasn't your voice... your other one, I mean... well I guess it sort of was, that's never happened before... to me I mean... but it was..." She trailed off, realizing she was rambling and pretty much mumbling at the same time and stared fixedly at her feet for a moment before sighing. "I wasn't expecting anyone to be out here... that's all."

She was silent for a long moment, alternating between staring at him and at her feet, finding herself fascinated with his peculiar appearance just as much as she regretted being found out. "You... it's uncomfortalbe? Oh please, you can go back to the other thing... you don't need to inconvenience yourself because of me..." She resumed staring at her feet, after a moment jerking one up in surprise as she realized a layer of ice still coated them from when they'd settled in the water's edge for a moment. She sat back on her haunches and picked at one paw with the other to try and break the ice up.

After a moment of that she sighed again, glancing up at him. "I can make it stop... if I concentrate really hard. But it makes me tired, and sooner or later I'll fall asleep again and it starts back up on its own. I didn't really realize it worked like that, at first... and... I try to stay away from people so no one else gets hurt." She was staring at her paws again by the end, and the miserable tone the last was spoken in certainly gave the impression that someone had gotten hurt before, and she regretted it deeply.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm
Kaale inclined his head in gratitude -Thank you, this is much easier for me- His 'voice' changed back to a more peaceful melodic tone, and was considerably less strained. -I do apologize, my guardian raised me to ask first, before projecting into another's mind...I did not mean to startle you..- He bowed his head again.

Kaale shook his head softly, his shadow mane jerking independantly, as he watched her shake the ice off her paws. -You do not need to worry about that, there is no need to strain yourself on my behalf.- His golden eyes seemed to bore into her, as he watched her silent struggle.

-You carry alot of guilt with you, alot of remorse. I beg you be at ease, your gifts cannot harm me.- His tone was gentle, and soothing, he wanted her to be relaxed, and not just because her guilt was overpowering, but he felt she had not relaxed around another in a very very long time.

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm
Akaria almost flinched when he apologized again. "I was... really just not expecting anyone. You could have spoken normally... I'd probably have done the same thing. Someone else could have come, I'd have done the same. It... it probably could have been a random bird cawing while my mind was wandering and I'd still have probably had the same sort of start out of it. You really don't need to keep apologizing..."

She frowned slightly and set her paws down, finally having picked the ice apart enough to brush it off. "I just... wish it wasn't just some ambient thing, that I had some control over it. This didn't happen when I was little..." That made it worse, really, remembering times when she'd had friends and didn't have to worry about hurting people by sheer proximity. If it had always been like this, she'd never have known the difference... or so she felt.

Her ears finally flicked all the way forward at the last thing he said. "Can't... hurt you?" Her brow furrowed and she stared at Kaale for a long moment. "What do you mean? I know your hair is all... squirmy..." She trailed off and looked at her feet again. "You're probably not any more normal than I am, huh?"

Had she known his guess that she hadn't had anyone to relax around for a long time she might have laughed... albeit a bit of a hysterical one. She was immortal as far as she knew... though that did nothing to prevent injury or starvation. Akaria had given up even trying to keep track of time many years ago, at the very least... much less how long it had been since she'd even had a hug.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 pm
Kaale opened his mouth to apologize again, but closed it keeping in mind her request, instead he gave a soft bow of his head. His ears pivoted as she fell into memories only she could see, he cantered his head to the side ever so slightly as his large eyes watched her. He was curious about her, and he was curious about the fact that he was curious.

He gave a soft frown as his own mind tumbled over itself as it struggled to comprehend his curiosity. Finally he decided he was not going to comprehend it right now, but would surely address the situation at a later date, when he could devote his attention entirely to it. -When did your ability arise? If you do not mind my asking.-

Kaale stood up, his shadowed claws seemed to phase through the ground for a moment before he put his weight on them. He took a few steps towards her, coming within range of her chilling proximity. His hair jerked around a bit more slowly, as did his tails, but other then that, he bore no outward sign of being affected by her chill. -My father is a shadow entity, and my mother an embodiment of a precious stone. The elements....dont effect me as they do others.- he looked down at his shadow claws, and then back at her -I feel it, but i dont....its...a discomfort, would be the best word. Yes. a mild discomfort, and nothing more....-

Kaale had the sudden realization, he had yet to introduce himself. -I have forgotten my manners again, i've yet to introduce myself...My name is Kaale'Indon, and it is nice to meet you..- He offered a brief, fleeting smile, and sat down by her.

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 pm
Akaria fidgeted during the moment of silence when Kaale nodded his head to her request and before he spoke again, not entirely sure what to do with herself. It'd been a long time since she'd really sat and talked to anyone. She was eager to say anything at all that he asked of her just to keep it going, and at the same time she was nervous and wanted to hide...

"When it started?" She frowned in thought for a moment, picking idly at the beads around one paw with the other. "When my body decided it was time to start becoming an adult, I guess... it wasn't very strong at first, and my mother came and took me back to the snow lands before I finished growing all the way. I didn't realize how much more powerful the effect had gotten until... we had a falling out and I decided to leave." She forced a laugh and a half-hearted smile at the situation she'd just realized she was in. "I just realized... after what happened, I won't go back there, even though that might be the only place where I'll ever find more than one or two beings that won't freeze to death around me. That's pretty... bad, isn't it?"

She was so startled when he approached and explained, very reasonably, why he wasn't really effected by her power that she very nearly toppled over because she forgot to... well... keep standing. "I... you... it doesn't hurt?" He was close enough to touch. She very nearly reached out and did so in fascination, but realized what she was doing half way there. She very abruptly and firmly planted her paw back on the ground, blushing furiously. "I... sorry..." she mumbled.

And then he brought up introductions and she looked aghast all over again. "Oh. Oh. I completely... I didn't even think about it! I haven't talked to anyone in so long..." She sat heavily and clapped a paw over her face. "Oh, I'm a complete mess, aren't I? M-my name is Akaria... my friends used to... used to call me Kari..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm
Kaale tilted his head softly as she retold her story, his attention completely upon her. -They might not freeze to death, but i get the impression you would have to sacrifice a part of yourself for that luxury, an unreasonable price.- he lowered his head a bit, his ears swiveling slowly, and his hair continued to make its usual jerky movements. -You have sorrows in your past, but your future remains unwritten- he wasnt an expert at comforting words, he could only hope stating the obvious in a positive manner might help.

He watched her actions, and obvious shock at his resistence to her cold. She reached out to touch him, and he tilted his head -I am perfectly fine, i assure you- he said gently, when she mumbled her apology, he shook it off and reached out with his own shadowed paw, and gently touched her arm. His paw may have looked like a shadow, but it was solid to the touch when he touched her. -do not be sorry- he said lightly, and removed his paw.

An amused smile, crossed his face softly -Kari, it is nice to meet you. My, family calls me Kaale. And my one other friend, also calls me Kaale...-

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:35 pm
The future remains unwritten... Hearing someone say something like that was oddly comforting, and Kari relaxed if only slightly. At the touch of his paw, though, her eyes widened considerably and for a moment she had an almost overwhelming urge to cuddle up next to him. Just for the contact, just for knowing there was someone here she wouldn't hurt by doing it...

"I-I b-b-bet they're very nice people. Your family and your friend. I mean, you seem very nice to me, and I'd think they would be? Um." The urge for contact was still nearly overwhelming, and she hunched down slightly and scooted ever so slightly toward him. "I, um, maybe c-c-can I... can I have a hug? Maybe? If, if th-that's not... not too weird of me to ask... um..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 pm
Kaale gave a soft nod -They are decent yes, my guardian raised me well...- he said lightly as he watched her. She seemed to struggle with something, and then her question came out.

It made sense. All her life she had never been able to get close to anyone without causing them harm, and now she found out she could not harm him, naturally she would desire contact.

A smile crossed his light features. -I have never had a hug...I would be honored to hug you- he said as he pushed himself into a seated position, looking like a rather large figure once more.

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm
Kari's eyes grew wide indeed when he said he'd never had a hug before. "But.. but hugs are the best thing!" She floundered for a moment trying to describe just how good hugs were but gave up after a moment. It was his first hug, and he was willing - honored, even? - to hug her, of all people. She was going to make sure it was a good one!

She sidled over and after an awkward moment of figuring out how to go about it she wrapped her arms around his midsection. Her wings, too, for good measure. Then she gave him a good squeeze, cheek against his shoulder and a smile on her face. Hugs! She missed hugs so much.

It was kind of nice that he was such a large male; comforting, in a way. It wasn't quite the same, but it sort of reminded her of being small and safe with her pop oh so long ago. "Hugs are the best..." She hoped it was all right for him. She'd hate to have messed up his first hug.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 pm
Kaale tilted his head to the side, as he watched her sort out how to approach him for a hug. She ever so smoothly sidled up to him and gave him his first hug. He stiffened at first, not used to this close of contact, and feeling a bit invaded at first. Then she wrapped her wings around him too, and her cheek found his shoulder. And he felt...better about it.
It was a warming feeling almost. He felt comforted. He loosened up, and leaned against her slightly as not to hurt her. He wondered if all physical contact was like this..He wondered lots of things as Kari hugged him.

He also understood so much more in that insant. She had had plenty of hugs before her condition became a hinderence. She was painfuly aware what she was missing out on, where as he had been content not knowing. He understood some of the pain he saw in her eyes.
-I feel I understand you better....- he said softly, lightly resting his head atop hers for a moment, before pulling back from her, to look into her eyes. His vibrant yellow eyes, searched her own lavender eyes.

-Shady Mooo-

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:54 pm
The smile that had settled on Kari's face slipped a bit as Kaale pulled away, and she reluctantly settled her paws and one wing back where they should be. She left one wing resting against his back, however. It would be removed if asked, but as it was... she simply wasn't willing to give up the contact yet.

"I... you... huh?" It felt like the words he had just said to her held some great import that she didn't quite understand, and she found herself feeling quite flustered as he stared into her eyes. Kari found herself blushing furiously after a moment, the pale fur around her face and ears showing hints of scarlet underneath. She stared fixedly at her paws for a moment, not sure how to respond to a moment that felt so profound, and wound up changing the subject slightly lest she lose her nerve completely. "Well, um, I hope it was a good hug? I'm, well, a bit out of practice."

Kitsusagi Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff