Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Grey Knight Purifiers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MouseOverMacros

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:31 pm
Hey everyone, I've always wanted to do a Grey Knight Army and after a little break from Warhammer 40K I figured that was the best place to start.

Here are some purifiers! - my first painting project for this army.

User Image

If anyone has any suggestions on painting the flame motif heraldry or maybe an explanation of how they do those fancy Nemesis blades in the codex I would appreciate it, maybe just keeping motifs fresh in general 'cause I'm starting to think after just four I may have bit off a little more than I can chew already.

Thanks boys and girls, critiquing is more than welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 am
Nicely done indeed! A good clean scheme, love the white parts of the models, lovely contrast to the rest, ditto on the reds, not too bright, but not too drab either. The effects painted onto the Nemesis blades look great as well. The effect GW used on their studio models for the blades is a technique called Non-Metallic Metal or NMM. A basic guide on the how-to can be found here.

Freehand is always a bit tricky, there's two ways to pull it off:

1. You draw the outline of the design or motif on with a pencil, preferably after practising on a piece of paper for a bit to get the hang of things. If confident enough you could always use a bit of paint to thinly paint the outlines of the design on, say Abadon Black or Ceramite White.

2. A bit fiddly perhaps, but you could always create little shapes that you can temporarily stick over the spot where the design is supposed to go and paint / airbrush the design on then.

Did you know we're running a painting contest? Feel free to enter! wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:06 am
I absolutely love the lightning patterning on the halberds, that's by far my favorite part.

And ditto on what Winnie said, I'd love to see these entered into one of our future contests. wink  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games