Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Discussions:
Character Cafe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 pm
User Image

Hello there! As many of you may know, I am a frequent participant in the Gaia Summer Writing months. [Don't know what that is? Ask me!] During my time in the SuWriMos guild, this thread has been one of the most important around, bringing guild members together and giving people that little bit of necessary distraction. The Character Cafe is an informal Role Playing thread that allows writers to get better in tune with their new characters, taking them for a test spin.

I don't know how many people will be interested in taking part, but even if there are only two of us it'll be worth it! I've learnt many things about my characters in this cafe. :3

For those not familiar with the Cafe:

• The cafe can exist in multiple worlds simultaneously. It often disguises itself as other buildings to lure in newcomers; finding the cafe spontaneously is expected.
  • Even immaterial characters can exist within the walls of the cafe (in their 'original' form, or a borrow one; either is fine).
  • It not only appears to characters in need, but characters attempting to avoid it. It's a pesky little magical being. emotion_c8
  • Time flows differently here.

Rules
1. Be literate. Type in sentences. Use quotation marks. Etc., etc.
2. Use some form of OOC ((Out of Character speech)).
3. If your character orders something, you take responsibility for playing the waiter/waitress.
4. Please don't interact too much with the staff in the cafe unless you've come up with something really, really funny - or if you are alone in the cafe and desperate to work out some character kinks.
5. Ask questions, interact! Don't just sit in a corner and talk to yourself - even IF your character is Generic Angry b*****d.
6. But NO FIGHTING! We're just here to talk and have a little friendly RP in between writing marathons. Heated debates, however, are fine. (And, well, maybe a little bit of fighting, but only a little.)
7. Try and respect the TOS, yes? Pg-13 and all that jazz?
8. BE RESPECTFUL TO EVERYONE.

So, everybody! What are you waiting for? Get posting! (Please?)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:40 am
Aw. My baby thread is almost a whole year dead - and nobody wants to love her. *weep*  

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Discussions:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers