Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
How old do you need to be in Texas for facial piercings?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

They Call Me Homewrecker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:48 am
I'm only 14. For a year and a half now, I've been wanting to get snake bites. It's been discussed for quite a few months within my home now (please spare me the "you're too young to be certain about getting piercings" speech), and both my father and mother told me that they will take me to get snakebites at the end of May as long as it's legal for me to. So I looked at a whole bunch of yahoo answer forums with people discussing what age you can be in Texas to legally get snake bites with parent consent, but I got a bunch of mixed answers, some saying you absolutely have to be 18 to get piercings that aren't standard ear piercings even with parent consent, some saying you need to be 16, some people said that you can be any age. I really just need a solid answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:56 am
Alright so I also Googled it but skipped over all of the yahoo and wiki results and this is what I found.
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/default.shtm
That is the link to Texas Department of Health. After clicking on a bunch of tabs and links and blah blah blah this is where I ended up.

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=25&pt=1&ch=229&rl=406
The first part talks about tattooing but the second confirms what I thought as far as piercings here is what they say-
"An artist may not perform body piercing on a person younger than 18 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian of the individual."
Meaning you can get your piercing just with the consent of your parent.
It goes on to say that if your parent does give his consent then this is the information the artist will need ect.

So sounds like its perfectly legal! Be sure to post a picture for me!

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

They Call Me Homewrecker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:31 am
jesusgirl115

Thanks a lot! I probably should have just tried a different source, huh.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games