Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Feeling Flowers Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Game Master 2626

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 pm
User Image

Oh Boy! Test Subjects!

Hello there fine unsuspecting civilian, might I interest you in a free experimental Joke item from Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes?

This is a brand new line of items from their joke shop that the Weasleys have asked me to help them distribute.

They called them "Feeling Flowers."

But uh... they didn't tell me exactly what they do... sweatdrop
...they may have mentioned something about plausible deniability...

But as far as I can tell they're just regular flowers with some -er irregular side effects.Nothing serious-mind, just strange stuff and weird feelings.

From what I can tell the effects last for different amounts of time depending on the flower, and there aint no way around that neither!

Sometimes they'll stick to your hand so you won't be able to put them down for a while, for others it only takes one whiff and you'll be feeling funny for hours.

Now I don't wanna touch 'em I just wanna give 'em away, so I uh- I've got these tongs here... *shing* And if you just put your hand out, I'll just sorta drop one in your palm...

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:50 pm
Rules

1. As always follow the Gaia ToS in all of HPGoG.

2. When you post, you have to wait for at least one other person to post before you can do so again. (Multiple posts in a row by the same person is not allowed)

3. The only exception to the previous rule is if you forgot to do the Random Number Action with your post. In such a case simply edit the post say "Whoops" or something of that nature and then project the random number in a new post. And if you forget to post the random number again on your second try then I think that submitting multiple posts should be the least of your worries.

4. This game gets you House Points so, absolutely NO DELETING POSTS for any reason! We can't have you trying over and over again to get the one you wanted now can we?

Game Master 2626

Game Master 2626

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:54 pm
How to Play

This is a random number game, a role playing game, and a House Point Earning Game, all rolled into one.

• First thing to do is project a random number between 1 and 38. You can do this by replying to the topic and select "Random Number" in the "Post Action:" dropbox. Then enter in the numbers "1" and "38."

• There are four groups of flowers, each group of flowers will have effects that last for a specific amount of time, though the effects are different for each individual flower. The number you projected will indicate both the group and the specific Joke-Flower you've received.

House Points will be awarded depending on the group (and therefore the effect-duration time).

The Groups are as follows:

(( 1-16 )) Group One: Boobells, Exploding Snap Dragons, Orchides, and Pantsies
    3 Hrs +5 House Points

(( 17-28 )) Group Two: Highbiscus, Irests, Lieaxes, and Narkcissus'
    6 Hrs +10 House Points

(( 29-36 )) Group Three: Germaniums, Jasmimes, Tulisps, and Whoopsie Daisies
    12 Hrs +18 House Points

(( 37-38 )) Group Four: Daftydills and Oldeander
    24 Hrs +25 House Points

• Once you discover what Feeling Flower you got, IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR HOUSE POINTS YOU MUST EDIT your post and clearly indicate the flower and group to which your flower belongs.

• Additionally, you are encouraged to role play extensively under the flower's effects (though you must wait for another person to post before you can do so). For every 3 Role Play (non-number projections) under the effects of a flower there will be +2 House Points awarded to your house!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:36 pm
Group One

Random Numbers 1-16
Effects Last For 3 Hours And Earn +5 House Points

1-4 Boobells:

Whether they screech at you unexpectedly or whisper creepily in your ear, these are no ordinary Blue Bells. They'll give you quite a fright and make you jumpy for the next three hours!User Image

5-8 Exploding Snap Dragons:

These are no ordinary Snap Dragons, as soon as you sniff them they'll blow up in your face, singeing your eyebrows. It'll take three hours for you to get your dignity back!

9-12 Orchides:

These orchids are very hard to please, they'll chide and nitpick about every little thing you're doing wrong. She'll screech about how sloppy you are because your shirt isn't tucked in, and then when you go to tuck in your shirt, she'll screech about how doing so in public is unseemly. You won't have a moment's peace for the next three hours!

13-16 Pantsies:

Alas, if only these Pansies were to just make you "antsy" for a few hours, but instead, it's as though you have a bright neon sign above your head that says "PANTS ME!" One sniff of this flower and for the next three hours everyone you interact with will be overcome with the desire to pants you!

Group Two

Random Numbers 17-28
Effects Last for 6 Hours and Earn +10 House Points

17-19 Highbiscus:User Image

Take it easy, they won't get you that kind of high, you crazy kids! No but one whiff of one of these Hibiscus blooms and instead you will find yourself lifted up high in the air! You'll get to float around and enjoy the best view of Hogwarts there is for six Hours! (Don't worry, you'll gradually come back down, we can't have you plummeting to earth!)

20-22 Irests:

Ah the lovely Iris. Weep before its beauty and then drift off into a very relaxing and very restful six hour nap. No seriously, you'll be knocked out for six hours, so it's probably best not to touch it or smell it until your somewhere you won't get stepped on.

23-25 Lieaxes:

The aroma of these unusual lilacs will not only prevent you from telling even the tiniest of lies such as "No, I'm not hungry..." Or "Of course, You look wonderful in that cloak, Headmaster!" But it will also compel you to state the painfully obvious for the next six hours.

26-28 Narkcissus':

Prepare to be a party-pooper because this Narcissus bloom will cause you to be the world’s biggest tattle-tale. For the next six hours you'll nark on your friends, strangers, babies, and creatures of all kinds. You'll be reporting anything and everything to anyone and everyone. Don't be surprised if you find yourself announcing from rooftops that little Barnaby did indeed take Wilhelmina's Doll.

Group Three

Random Numbers 29-36
Effects Last For 12 Hours and Earn +18 House Points

29-30 Germaniums:User Image

Watch out! That Geranium's got the twelve-hour flu! One flowerful sneeze from this plant will have you sprouting purple spots, sporting a runny nose, and your skin turning changing from it's natural shade to a bright
chartreuse green! It appears that the pollen-virus is especially diverse and constantly changes around, sometimes you'll turn green, other times your head will be constantly surrounded by a miniature rain cloud. All we know is that the effects usually wear off after twelve hours!

31-32 Jasmimes:

Jasmine. Some argue it's one of the best smelling flowers of all and many could wax poetic about the scintillating aroma of this bloom for months at a time. You however, won't be able to do that because one sniff of this blossom and you'll become mute for the next twelve hours. You'll have to act out everything you want to say in *ACTIONS*

33-34 Tulisps:

Ah Tulips, a very springy kind of flower, and the instant you hold one of these bulbous flowers you'll be continuously sssspraying it, rather than sssssaying it! Yes indeed you're new found lisp won't wear off until twelve hours from now, so go on and enjoy your temporary speech impediment.

35-36 Whoopsie Daisies:

There's nothing lovelier than when a joke item is handed to you by common colloquialisms. wink A Whoopsie Daisy, is not only fun to say, but it's quite entertaining to watch as well. One whiff of this daisy and you will be stumbling and falling all over the place for the next twelve hours; always tripping you up when you least expect it. I'd recommend having a friend cast a cushioning charm on you right away, otherwise by the time twelve hours is up, you be more purple than Vernon Dursley at a Weasley Family Reunion.

Group Four

Random Number 37-38
Effects Last For 24 Hours and Earn +25 House Points

User Image

37 Daftydills:

Oh, jackpot! This daffodil will make you go bonkers for the next twenty-four Hours! You'll be compelled to reason things out with backwards logic and will likely spend hours upon hours doing such crazy things as trying to button up the tea kettle, or carrying on a lengthy conversation with a goat. (Aberforth, what are you doing here? And where'd these goats come from?!?)

38 Oldeander:

The Oleander, this sweet bloom will wrinkle your skin, deplete your hearing capabilities, make your vision go a bit wonky too. It also has the mysterious side effect of giving you a desperate craving for prunes, we couldn't quite get rid of that one... So congratulations for the next twenty-four hours you shall be talking far too loudly, taking ages and ages to pay at the till, and be grumpily complaining about the "youth" of today!

Game Master 2626

Game Master 2626

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 pm
The Points!

Here's where I'll keep record of the points. I'd also like to note that you will not get your points until you've edited your post with your Role Playing reaction to your Flower. ((Also included is the points for the House Elf Cup))

User Image
vivacious_red: Does Not Apply 3nodding
Hood of Locksley: +5 +5 +18 +5
Mizuki226: +10
x Tiny Doom x: +25 +5 +5

User Image
RubyRays +
Yukina101 +5 +5

User Image
HopeMaximeHagrid: +5 +10 +5 +10
Syreyn: +5 +5 +18

User Image
R0CK Goddess: +5 +10

User Image
Angilwings: +5 +5 +5

Last Updated: (( 6/23/2012 ))
Updated Through This Post

Hope Maxime Hagrid generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 16!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Hope wanders up to the booth with her pet goat, Dillius. Not noticing which shop is sponsoring this particular booth, she exclaims, "Oh look, Dilly! Flowers! You want a snack? You like Snap Dragons, don't you? We'll take one bunch of the Snap Dragons, please."

Noticing Toby pick up the flowers with his shiny tongs Hope notes, "Wow, you guys sure are careful about not bruising your flowers. Dilly will appreciate that, he likes his flowers to have some crunch to them."

Toby seems a little confused at this, but he shrugs and places the Snap Dragons directly into the hungry little goat's mouth. Dillius gets maybe one or two chews in before a loud BANG emanates from his mouth and smoke begins to trail out of his ears and nostrils. Being a goat of rather mysterious origins, of course Dillius is alright. He merely looks up at Hope with a rather annoyed look on his face.

Hope angrilly looks at Toby for answers, who in turn merely points at the Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes shop behind him. Understanding dawning, Hope kneels down to Dillius' height and hugs him saying, "Oh Dilly! I'm so sorry! I just thought it was a normal flower cart! Here, you can chew on my shawl instead."

Dillius grudgingly begins to nibble on the corner of the shawl, still glaring at his owner, smoke still continuously streaming out of his nose and ears, and for the next three hours, smaller bangs will emanate from poor Dilius' mouth, followed by annoyed goat bleats.

((EDIT: Woops... I just noticed that I messed up... I just picked a flower from the first group because technically that's where my number ended up... but technically I was supposed to receive Pantsies... But I really like my RP, so Imma keep it. 3nodding ))  

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Angilwingz generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 5!

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:33 pm
Angil approaches the booth. "Ooh flowers! Perfect for my new room!"
Seeing the tongs, she acts cautiously, putting on a pair of gloves. "I'll just put them in a vase, and the side effects will make a great prank to anyone that trespasses!"

Taking the snap dragon in her hand, she can't help but to smell the beautiful flower.

BOOM!

The fiery explodes in a fiery burst, singing her eyebrows and destroying her makeup!

Her cheeks flushing red hot with embarrassment, Angil runs to find the bathroom.

Hope Maxime Hagrid generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 22!
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:05 pm
"Alright Dilly, I promised we'd get some of these trick flowers today for me to sniff as payback for yesterday. So Here we go, pick out a flower."

Dilius eyes the booth and, not really being able to see into any of the buckets, picks one at random and nudges the bucket containing the Irests. The pollen kicked up makes Toby yawn a bit as he carefully picks the flowers up with his tongs and hands them to Hope.

"Well here goes Dilly!" Hope takes a big ole' wiff of the Irests and immediately begins to yawn.

"Oh dear, I'm suddenly so..... sllllleeeeepppyyy...." She slowly lowers herself to ground for a nice long nap.

Dillius rolls his eyes and begins to roll Hope's hulking half-giant body over to where she wont be trod on for the next 6 hours. Clearly annoyed because he wanted payback, and instead he's rolling a 7-foot tall 13-year-old girl over to the side of the road.

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Angilwingz generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 10!

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:20 pm
Angil emerges from the 3 Broomsticks. Her makeup fixed to hide her singed eyebrows.

"I'd still like a flower to take home with me." She says cautiously, holding her hand out.

"An orchid! How lovely!" she smiles and slowly, sniffs the flower.
"It didn't explode. So far, so good."

"Of course I didn't explode. I'm not a snap dragon you Bonny, I'm an orchide. The most beautiful of all flowers.

"A talking flower?"

"Duh. Gosh. You must be as dumb as those eyebrows of yours look.

"I think I was better of with the other one. Guess I'll go find a vase."

"Youd better get a nice one. I won't be put on one of those cheap, plastic vases. And I expect to be placed near the window. Flowers need sunlight you know. You ninny,"

Sighing, Angil carries her flower off in search of a vase or a garbage can.

Syreyn generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 10!
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 pm
Oh! Flowers! heart Hopefully this will go better than my last cup of tea! Amanda says and runs up to the stand.

Amanda picks up a beautiful blue Orchid. What a pretty flower! she says as she pays for it and sticks it in her bag, leaving only the pretty bloom visible.....She gets about two steps and hears a Horrid, Horrid sound come from her bag.

Just had to shove me in the bad didn't you? It's not bad enough I have to be carted around like some dumb animal, but shoved in a bag as well? Oh! I suppose you didn't think I could talk either?!? Just assumed I'm dumb didn't you, well honey, maybe that's you! Look at yourself! With hair like that people will start thinking you're homeless! Shut you're mouth when I'm talking to you!!

Amanda quicky slams her mouth shut, realizing how far open it had fallen! This is just not my day, maybe this is the Enemy my tea leaves tried to warm me about. she says with a sigh.

"What was that you were mumbling about tea? You mumble too much! Mumble, mumble, mumble! Speak up! Speak Clearly! Hey! What are you doing with that bag? Don't even think about putting me back in that.... I'll teach you to treat flowers this way you ninny!" *muffled arguing continues*

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Angilwingz generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 15!

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 pm
"Alright. Third time is a charm." Angil says determinedly, walking toward the booth. "I'll have another, please!"

"What a beautiful pansy!" She takes the flower and sniffs it. "Smells lovely too!" She waits a moment, glarig suspiciously at the flower. When nothing happens. She places it in her hair. She skips off happily towards the rest of the crowd, not suspecting even for a second of what was to come once they saw her. .

Hope Maxime Hagrid generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm
Having finally awoken from her...umm... nap, Hope sidles back up to the flower cart. "Alright, apparently waking up on the side of a road wasn't punishment enough for Dilly's Exploding Snap Dragon. So pick another one, Dilly."

Dillius noses another bucket of flowers. At his touch dozens and dozens of tiny little voices begin to echo from within the bucket, saying "boo" in short tiny little bursts.

Toby uses his tongs to pick up a bunch of the flowers and the little "boo"'s turn out to be coming from the tiny little "Boobells," themselves. Each bloom apparently trying to surprise and frighten it's neighbor with it's tiny little voice.

AHHH!!!!

YOU ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

Hope Happily takes the bunch of flowers, saying to her goat, "Sorry, Dilly, it looks like you're going to be disappointed again. I wonder what these little cuties smell like."

Hope takes a big whiff of the cute little booing bells and imediately stiffens up and looks around. "Wait, did you hear that???"

There is clearly nothing around that would make any alarming noises. "I could have sworn I heard some sort of... spooky noise..."

Hope moves to take another whiff of the Boobells and one of the little bells says "boo!" to her in the tiniest little noise you can imagine. But Hope jumps as if the bloom had made some sort of creepy cackle. "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!?!? Did you hear that???"

Apparently Hope will be hearing weird and spooky noises from even the most mundane of sounds for a few hours. Best not to sneak up on her... Half-giants are often far stronger than they are aware of, especially when frightened...

((Sorry, those little boobells were just way too cute, I really wanted them to make tiny "boo!"s))

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:54 pm
Winnie Has Updated the Points for Toby. mrgreen

*Winnie beams at the prospect of being a good elf. Also at how wonderful the response has been for this topic.*

RubyRays generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:01 am
Ruby made her way over from the Frog Card booth, from where she was having loads of fun reveling new cards. She had decided to give other a hand at the event, for now, and come back later.  

RubyRays

Seeker

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas