Submit

What should I wear to a casual wedding?
  Black dress pants and a dressy tanktop
  Sundress and flats
  Other; post please.
View Results

Epic Doodle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm
My cousin is getting married in a couple weeks and it's a 'casual' wedding. What exactly do I wear? shoes? hair? etc.
I don't want to over or under do it.

Suggestons I've been told;
black dress pants and a dressy tank-top.
sundress and flats.

Sorry I only have a couple weeks and I'd like to get it figured out before then.
Move my topic if needed...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:27 pm
Hey ladies, what about my hair?  

Epic Doodle

Jettamio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:42 pm
Wear something that you feel comfortable in smile
Dress pants sounds a little on the professional side to me, I would probably wear a dress but if you're not a dress sort of person and you feel more comfortable wearing pants then go for it.
I think I would wear a sundress and pretty pair of sandals, it's up to you whether you want them to be heels or not. You could wear your hair half up half down 'cause that's kind of making an effort without being to formal. There are heaps of super easy tutorials on youtube if you want ideas.

Have fun at the wedding!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm
Jettamio
Wear something that you feel comfortable in smile
Dress pants sounds a little on the professional side to me, I would probably wear a dress but if you're not a dress sort of person and you feel more comfortable wearing pants then go for it.
I think I would wear a sundress and pretty pair of sandals, it's up to you whether you want them to be heels or not. You could wear your hair half up half down 'cause that's kind of making an effort without being to formal. There are heaps of super easy tutorials on youtube if you want ideas.

Have fun at the wedding!

Wearing a dress isn't a huge issues. My main probably is the fact that we're taking a four and a hlaf hour trip afterwards and idk if I'll be about to change.  

Epic Doodle

Epic Doodle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 am
Okay. So I have a pair of dress pants that are nice and fit me well.
In my opinion that seems more business casual, BUT they will be comfier if I can't change before the trip.
To make it all seem more 'casual', I found a well fit, nice tank top that is a bright-ish green.
Also, a pair of bow sandals/wedges that make it seem more casual in my opinion.

I can post pictures if you'd like but would this work?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:42 am
[~+~]

I would say to go with a dress for a wedding, personally. Especially with the weather the way it is. :3

Dress' are much more versatile - you can often pull off a nice one as something casual, or dress it up if need be. As someone else said, i think the dress pants you're describing may be a little too posh in a way...Especially with it being the season it is.

I would say post a picture though, just in case.
As with your hair, anything can go really i would say. :3

User Image

Empty Spiral

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 am
I think you should wear a nice comfortable dress, dont need to go OTT just a nice modest dress. Glam it up with a nice necklace, maybe a braclet or two. Wear comfortable shoes, nothings worse than showing up with red puffy sore feet. A nice pair of flats are always good.

As for hair. I think a nice stylish updo would be nice, if you dont already have curly hair, maybe curl it, just to ad that extra bit of elegance.. Maybe something like this

Hope this helps xx  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 pm
Next time i'm upstairs i'll grab my card-connecter thing so i can get the pictures off my phone. ;p  

Epic Doodle

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 pm
Weddings are always formal even when they are casual so I would say just put on your Sunday best. If you wouldn't wear it to church, don't wear it to the wedding, same for hair and make-up. Of course you could always just call your cousin and ask what he/she prefers you to wear.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm
xena91388

^Only church I go to is a very family oriented with my boyfriend's family and no one cares what you wear. But I do get what you're saying.

Thanks for the replies everyone and I'm not getting to post pictures.
I'll take to consideration everything that was said.  

Epic Doodle

ilover1508

IRL Lover

13,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:36 am
Epic Doodle
My cousin is getting married in a couple weeks and it's a 'casual' wedding. What exactly do I wear? shoes? hair? etc.
I don't want to over or under do it.

Suggestons I've been told;
black dress pants and a dressy tank-top.
sundress and flats.

Sorry I only have a couple weeks and I'd like to get it figured out before then.
Move my topic if needed...
casual things you may wear to like a business interview maybe, im not sure ive never been to a wedding besides my own  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games