Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
The future of booty grab... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

msfrankie

Sparkly Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:58 pm
What do you guys think about all these (lite) fish drops and stuff? Has anyone gotten anything decent out of them? because if they don't glow either, the tank is pretty much just for show right?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 pm
Yeah, I heard they don't glow and their life span is shorter than the regular fish.
I think lite Memphis's life span is only a month. It's a real rip off for BG.
I buy the lite though because they're cheap. I just use them for show.

I wonder if they're going to try and replace the regular fish with these lites...

Umioko

Playful Friend

msfrankie

Sparkly Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm
Umioko
Yeah, I heard they don't glow and their life span is shorter than the regular fish.
I think lite Memphis's life span is only a month. It's a real rip off for BG.
I buy the lite though because they're cheap. I just use them for show.

I wonder if they're going to try and replace the regular fish with these lites...

I got 1 good alchemy item out of a lite drop but that's been it, otherwise it's all crap  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 pm
msfrankie

Oh wow. That's too bad. o':
I hope Gaia just intended them for people to try and put something in their dead tanks.
Lol, just like me.

Umioko

Playful Friend

msfrankie

Sparkly Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:11 pm
Umioko
msfrankie

Oh wow. That's too bad. o':
I hope Gaia just intended them for people to try and put something in their dead tanks.
Lol, just like me.

I'm hoping that just like other things, it just needs some tweaking and then it will be better  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:21 pm
msfrankie

They never were intended to glow and originally they weren't even supposed to have any drops. Originally they were planned to just be for show and to have something in your tank because they are being given out for free.

Then people complained and Lanzer had to tweak them. Still though they are give for free in the DC or Dumpster Diving, so they shouldn't glow in my opinion.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

vividachi

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:33 pm
.-.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 am
They sure as Hell tweak it a lot, but I honestly doubt they'll get rid Booty Grab. It's one of the main sources of gold that doesn't give only a pittance. The only other things that are a good source of gold (that I know of) are Vending, Hoarding, Exchanging, (Which I'm bad at all 3. XD ), and selling things from the Cash Shop.

I think they just made the Lite Fish for people that legitimately like the look of the fish and want them in their tank, without spending a lot of Gold on them.
When I first saw Memphis back when she was first released a long time ago, I thought she was beautiful and desperately wanted one just to look at in my tank. But I was a bum way back then and she was too expensive for me, so I never got one.
This is just a good way of having nice fishies in your tank without spending insane amounts of gold or worrying about glowing. cat_3nodding
As for the drops, I've never put a Lite fish in my tank, so I've never gotten one to open. XD

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Honney Boy

Quotable Harvester

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 am
[lite] fish are evil. I give them to Lanzer.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:26 am
Blood Pop

I love memphis because of the blue heart she sometimes does when your hanging out in the tank. That was my only reason for liking her in the beginning and then I found about the gold potential and was hooked.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

momo the peachy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 pm
azndreams
Blood Pop

I love memphis because of the blue heart she sometimes does when your hanging out in the tank. That was my only reason for liking her in the beginning and then I found about the gold potential and was hooked.

Yes, wheras Lila does something completely different lols  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 pm
azndreams
Blood Pop

That was always so cute! User Image It added even more to her adorable charm. emotion_kirakira  

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ArrancarYoruichi

Moonlight Cat

15,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm
"Free fish shouldn't glow"

Then what about the hermit fish? Sure they don't give alot but they still glow. I never understood why goldfish never gave gold, either. I like Lite Fish, if only because it lets me have all the fish I want near dirt cheap. I don't mind that they don't glow, so long as others can see them in my tank. I've heard most of the Lite Drops give crappy items though  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 am
ArrancarYoruichi

The hermit fish is free technically, but it's not exclusive like the lite fish are. The lite fish were designed to not glow ever and weren't even supposed to give items out as gift.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 am
azndreams
ArrancarYoruichi

The hermit fish is free technically, but it's not exclusive like the lite fish are. The lite fish were designed to not glow ever and weren't even supposed to give items out as gift.

Speaking of light fish, I thought they weren't supposed to drop gold. Do you have any idea why my tank and my mule's tank are still making money with only light fish in their tanks? Not a lot, but between the two tanks I made 15,000g yesterday. It's not that I'm complaining, you understand... just wondering! question  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff