Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Keen Eye For The Old Guy (We Have A Winner!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm
User Image

***Catwalk***
ADONIS Featuring: You Decide By Voting Now!
For More Info About the Entries, See the Post: BELOW

Please note that the Catwalk shown here is not part of the outfit.

User ImageUser Image

| Catwalk | Introduction | Rules | How to Enter | Voting | Entries | Prizes |

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 pm
User Image
Hello there and Welcome to Keen Eye for the Very Old Gu-VERY OLD? I'm not that old! I mean, come on, 98 is the new 20, right? Isn't that what the kids say these days? sweatdrop

I'll be straight with you, I need to update my look, and by update I mean I need to- er- what I mean to say---that is- people expect the Headmaster to look dignified at al-- Oh alright, I'll just come out and tell you, to be honest, I was at a mod-squad staff meeting the other day when I let slip that I've been transfiguring my hair color for years, it was only once I started growing my beard that I realized just how much the color has faded. Anyway, the mod squad, being the practical jokers that they are have teased me mercilessly about it and long story short, I've decided it's high time I dress my age.

I've never had much fashion sense, so I thought I'd call upon the wizard community to help me out, and Gladrag's has kindly offered to help out setting up this neat little catwalk and changing station. Thanks to them, for the duration of the Vernal Fair, I'll be modeling the wondrous outfits you choose for me, and then when the fair is over, I'll have the Hogwarts Residents help me choose which outfit best suits me and our school.

Make Me Over Magical World!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm
User Image

This is an Avatar contest, and we have found that the best tool for designing avatars is tektek.

Before we begin, there are a few rules that I must go over:
As always the Gaia ToS apply everywhere in HPGoG.
Each entry must be worth less than 300,000g (unless you include items I already possess, then that number may be higher, we'll give you my inventory below so you know what you're working with)
In your outfit designs I must use a monocle, have a beard (i'm quite fond of my new acquisition to tell you the truth...), and I must have white/grey hair.
Each entry must have a short description posted with it (just so we can see what was going through your mind when you created it).
After an entry is submitted, if all the requirements are fulfilled, I will wear it down the Catwalk.
You may submit as many entries as you'd like, so long as you fulfill all of the requirements for each of them.
All Entries must be in by May 25th.

vivacious_red

Also Students, Elves, and Hogwarts residents alike, please don't hesitate to take this rare opportunity to poke fun at--I-I mean support the headmaster as he makes a fool of himself on the catwalk, catcall, wolf whistle, shout "Woo Baby Take it Off!!" Whatever you'd like, and just enjoy the show!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 pm
User Image

There are no entry fees, but there are a few requirements so be sure to read this entire post and do what it says, because if you don't fulfill the requirements you're outfit won't count! 3nodding

1. First thing to do is to create an outfit for me, and I've endeavored to give you two options that might help you along. I've started off two different outfits in tektek. To access these pre-started outfits simply click the images of them below, it will take you to the tektek site where you can dress me up to your hearts content.

In the first outfit I have started you off with the beard items I own and one of my monocle items as well (and a sheet, because I am a modest man redface ).

Fresh Start:
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You will remember that I said that there is a 300,000 gold price limit, but any item I already own doesn't count against that, so I threw on some of my favorite items (gifts from my friends mostly) from my closet and also included the other items that I own that I'm allowed to wear.

Items Available for Use That I Already Own:

((Please note that in order to see all of my available items you must click ^this Avatar, only my more rare and my oldest items are listed below))
    [Item Information]

Item List:
    Unseen Wizzard
    Lord Volder's Safari Gear
    Royal Wizard
    Sunset Harvest
    MUltipants
    Hallowed Gentleman
    Lunar Cloak
    Laurels
    Henry Hatsworth's Bowler Hat
    Silver Pocket Watch
    Monocle
    Wizard's Wand
    Caroling Sheet Music
    Midnight Hero

((these items were donated to the guild and are currently not allotted to be given away, quite a few of them were donated specifically for Adonis' avatar))

Of course, if you'd rather just start from scratch and create a brand new tektek Dream Avatar for me, then you are welcome to do so.

When you're happy with the outfit, save it through tektek by clicking the save button underneath the avatar (you're going to need to post the item information that tektek will give you in this thread).

2. Be sure that we will have to spend no more than 300,000 gold on the outfit.

3. Tell me about the outfit you've created, go on now, flatter me, tell me how good I look in it. And title it, perhaps something like... Motel Chic or Natty Nutter. Just a sentence and a title will do.

4. Post your Entry (the dream avatar, item list, and description) in this thread.

5. Wait around and cheer when I put it on and strut down the catwalk!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:32 pm
User Image

The Winner of this contest will be decided by a Guild-Wide Vote!
After that date (May 25th) I will be creating a topic specifically for the purpose of voting and putting in the main guild forum so everyone will see it!
In that topic I will include all of the entries and their descriptions and who made them so that the HPGoG population at large can peruse them.
After that their task will be to vote in a poll for the Outfit that they feel best represents me, Headmaster Adonis, as they know me.
Voting will take place for 7days!
At the end of the voting, I will then don the outfit that won and hand out prizes to the Top Three entries!

Remember your deadline for submissions is
May 25th

And Voting will take place from
May 26th to June 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 pm
User Image

#1 The Basic Brown
User Image By Hope Maxime Hagrid
User Image
"I've made what I like to call "The Basic Brown." Which I think every respectable (if slightly boring) Headmaster should have in their closet. I think that it this outfit was really made for you, Headmaster!"

#2 The Golden Age
By Angilwingz User Image
User Image
"Headmaster, I admire that you're going to stop coloring your hair, it will really make you look your age. You've entered the golden age, and this outfit reflects how much we treasure you."

#3 Go Green!
User Image By Syreyn
User Image
"Professor, I couldn't agree more that natural is best. How about a "go green" natural color scheme?"

#4 Wisdom's Robes
By Alutian User Image
User Image
"Keeping it simply Wizardly, not to mention economically practical through the primary use of your current wardrobe, this outfit should well-suit any Hogwarts Headmaster. The robes are open for easy and comfortable movement, yet stylishly bright and flowing for that dramatic flair. The color blue also exudes a calming, traditional influence, no doubt useful in dealing with excitable young students all a fluster upon meeting their headmaster for the first time. The hairstyle echoes this arrangement, being both naturally dignified in color and form and cut short enough that you needn't worry about accidentally sitting on it, closing it in doors, or finding it tangled up in a massive mess in the mornings, all of which are very real, and very painful, concerns. "

#5 Parrrrrtay
User Image By Yukina101
User Image
"Even though our esteemed Headmaster is getting on in age, he still makes it a point to have fun with students and faculty alike! Here we see him in full Wizard garb, not too over the top but enough to assert status. We also see the party hat, won from a Christmas cracker between him and Erik our Hogwarts Train Conductor in which he said some....umm......things about the crackers....and their placement. Anyway! It looks as though our Headmaster has found the Brew, and after a few sips has become wonderfully tipsy! Someone please make sure he makes it down the run way in one piece!"

#6 Summertime!
By Anime_Aiko User Image
User Image
Won't you say something about this lovely outfit dear? -Prof. Adonis

#7 Adonis is the Boss
User Image By Aunt Slappy
User Image
"Who said Adonis can't age with style wink "

#8 An Evening of Magic
By Hood of Locksley User Image
User Image
"In the words of [Phineas Nigellus]- 'You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny: (Adonis') got style.'"

#9 In Touch
User Image By vivacious_red
User Image
"People always appreciate when a man can be truly in touch with his softer feminine side. Headmaster, Winnie thinks that this outfit will really send a message to other schools that Hogwarts is truly unique and forward thinking."

#10 Vanguard Vogue
By vivacious_red User Image
User Image
"This outfit is designed specifically to suit your personal needs Professor. It conveys your wisdom by prominently displaying your impressive beard and white hair, which is out of the face so as not to interfere with your wand work. The coat is more fitted than robes, but still has that long tail that will billow satisfyingly when you walk about the corridors. It displays the unity that you represent to our school by uniting the house colors: At the base, the support of Hufflepuff Yellow; at the heart, the passion of Gryffindor Red; a Slytherin Green lens for the windows to the soul; and protected by the logical wit of practical Ravenclaw Blue."

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:15 pm
User Image

I'm sure you are all dying to know what the prizes will be, aren't you?

1st Place Will not only get to have their creation put into action on the Chief Representative of our Community, but they will also be receiving a Monthly Collectible!!!

2nd Place Will be receiving a whopping 50,000 Gold!

3rd Place Will be receiving a nice payback of 25,000 Gold!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm
Now you know, all you need is the tektek outfit (and corresponding item list), the title, and a brief description. Three things and you could be the owner of shiny new monthly collectible! So have at it!

I'll be in my dressing room...

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:10 pm
So I've made what I like to call "The Basic Brown." Which I think every respectable (if slightly boring) Headmaster should have in their closet. I think that it this outfit was really made for you, Headmaster!

The Basic Brown
(Only that Wizard's Brew should be in his Right Hand)

Items Used:
Arden Eloquent Tunic
Romani Dress Shoes Brown
Brown Tattered Hakama
Unseen Wizard
Unseen Wizard (Pointy Hat)
Royal Wizard (Sage's Wig-Bearded)
Henry Hatsworth's Bowler Hat (Monocle)
Wizard's Wand
Wizard's Brew (2)

((Which would cost roughly 51,500 gold, according to TekTek.))

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 am
Headmaster, I admire that you're going to stop coloring your hair, it will really make you look your age. You've entered the golden age, and this outfit reflects how much we treasure you.

The Golden Age

Estimated Value:
56,435 Gold

Items Used:
Warm Starter Windblown Boots
Henry Hatsworth's Bowler Hat
Royal Wizard
Leather Sketchbook
Shinto Priest's Cap
Onyx Decorative Sari
Treacherous Eloquent Tunic
Golden Sparkles
Golden Snitch
Wizard's Wand

Angilwingz

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 pm
Professor, I couldn't agree more that natural is best. How about a "go green" natural color scheme?

Go Green!

Equipped:
Witchy
Syaoran's Cloak
Momotaro no Uta
Green Tattered Hakama

Royal Wizard (Sage's Wig - bearded)
Unseen Wizzad (Long beard)
Monocle
Wizard's Wand
Black Dress Boot

Estimated Total:
169,344 gold*
* Items in Italics are owned, bolded are those included in pricing *

((edit: I changed mine, I felt it was entirely too similar to Angil's sweatdrop I hope that's ok....))

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:08 pm
You work that brown, Professor!
heart

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:15 pm
Woo! Looking Good, professor!  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 am
*Wolf Whistles*
You WORK those golden sparkles ol' Donni! OW!
emotion_awesome
Just remember Headmaster, WWTD!
What would Tyra Do?

vivacious_red

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items