Submit

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 am
User Image Lucent stood on a small mat outside the door to Makoto and Onyx's home, staring at the closed portal as if it could offer him the answer to all of life's problems. Maybe if he knew how to listen it could, for all he knew. For now he supposed he would simply have to "play it by ear" and see if he could smooth things over with Onyx. It did not bode well for his friendship with Makoto, or Makoto's relationship with her mate, if he did not attempt to mend the issues he had accidentally caused the other day.

Well, there was no reason to put it off any longer, so Lucent knocked on the door and waited to see if anyone was home. And willing to answer his summons. That was the first possible sticking point in this matter...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am
User Image

Only looked up from the eggs, not leaving their sight for even a second and given he technically shouldn't even be here he was thinking about leaving as soon as Makoto came back but these eggs were his reponsability also so he had to do his share of the work also and she was gone for the time being somewhere so he had the house to himself and he could just lay there and relax...that was till there was a knock at the door "back in a sec little ones" he said as he reluctantly got up and walked to the door and opened it. Onyx looked at the male and slightly glared at him "oh, its you, your girlfriend isn't here, don't know when she will be back but I guess, if you REALLY wanted to you could come in and wait" he said, still a little iffy about him but hey, this was Makoto's house and she would of let him in apparently so meh, he was allowed in even if he didn't like the idea.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 am
Lucent blinked and leaned back on his heels a bit at the sheer aggression Onyx spit at him as soon as he was recognized. -Makoto is my friend, but she is your mate.- He finally replied in an even tone, following Onyx inside somewhat slowly and closing the door behind him. -I was... hoping to speak to you, actually. I seem to have... what is the term? "Gotten off on the wrong foot." I was hoping to find a way to amend this.-  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am
Oh joy, he gets to spend time with a male he doesn't like, how fun this will be "she and I are not mates, technically that word hasn't actually been brought up yet...if it will ever be, yes we have children together but no we are not mates, right now, I think both of us don't even know if we ever will be
'he said with a small sigh, his fault really, but whatever, after yesterdays spat both of them probably needed to re-evaluate their options really, he had grown to like her and care for her a lot but right now mates seems to be a little too much "but sure, you can try I guess..." he said as he moved out of the way of the the door "come in, I will get us something to eat and drink" he said as he turned to go to the kitchen "and touch those eggs in there and I swear to God I will rip your throat out faster then you can say 'please, don't do it'." Onyx said glaring at him as he gestured into the room he came from and where the eggs were before going to the kitchen to get some water for them both and a rabbit that was freshly killed, it was for Makoto but meh, he would catch another before he left "Shakespeare" he said as he walked into the kitchen and nuzzled him, whispering softly to him "go make sure that male doesn't do anything to the eggs" he said as the guardian nodded and left the book he was reading and walked into the room where the eggs were.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:55 pm
Lucent headed placidly toward the front room. -I will be fine with just water... thank you.- Whether his statement was heeded or not he would not know until Onyx returned, but he would feel bad for the waste of food. He might be able to nibble a bit but he really didn't eat "normal" food.

He assumed a sphinx-like resting posture some feet away from the eggs, taking the time while he waited to attempt to mull over what Onyx had said about he and Makoto not being mates in spite of now having children. Flings resulting in pregnancies were not uncommon among the Kitsusagi, exactly, but this seemed much more deliberate than that... especially with how protective and possessive Onyx seemed of Makoto and the eggs. He was not sure if questions about the situation would be welcome but it seemed to be part of the problem he'd fallen into... and he was sorely confused by the subject.

The shadow-gem found himself momentarily distracted from his thoughts when he noticed part of one of the blankets nestled around the eggs seemed to have slipped down. He stood for a moment, intent on fixing it, then remembered Onyx's warning and sat back down. Most perplexing! He didn't want the eggs to get cold, but he had no wish to further antagonize the other male... His relief was quite visible when Shakespeare entered the room a moment later and he settled himself back to the floor. -I do not wish to go against the father's wishes and touch the eggs, but the blanket has slipped. As I am not sure how long Onyx will be, would you mind fixing it? I assume he would not want it left any longer than necessary either.-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm
Shakes looked up at the other and nodded "sure, I will fix it" he said as he walked over to the blanket and fixed it up for the poor egg, he didn't want it to get cold "and hi, I'm Shakespeare" he said as he said as he smiled at the other, to him he found him fine, he seemed sweet, he didn't know what his kitsu was on about, he couldn't sense anything wrong with him.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm
Lucent seemed much more relaxed and even wagged his tails slightly after the egg was taken care of, and for a moment afterward peered curiously around the room. His face then took on a slightly determined look and he turned to the guardian. -I beg your pardon, it is probably improper for me to go digging into their affairs like this, but Makoto is my friend and I am not sure Onyx will be willing to speak to me. Especially since I seem to have stumbled into the middle of an issue that I am beginning to feel that I only brought to a boil, rather than started...- He paused for a moment, shaking his head. -Well, if I am not stepping entirely out of line, do you have any idea why Onyx and Makoto are "not sure about being mates" at all? I assume this uncertainty is part of why Onyx is feeling so aggressive toward me. That and I seem to have managed to somehow creep him out, as they say.-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:08 pm
The guardian moved closer to the other kitsu and sat down, knowing Onyx will be a little while as he would be cutting up his rabbit and kept his voice to a hushed tone so as to not have the kitsu over hear even though technically the kitchen was a good distance away, he just didn't want to take any chances "I can't say, but lets just say that theres been stuff that has been said and the longer it goes on the bigger the mess he has gotten himself into" he said, not entirely breaking the vow of trust and confidence Onyx had in him about his lie but not entirely keeping quiet either. "As you can tell by that argument they had the other day, he isn't able to go that far with her either, he doesn't want to keep you and her from being friends but at the same time he is a new father who doesn't know how to act and is protective of his eggs and put your friendship on top of that, a friendship that has her being friends with a male, he is jealous but also you are a strange male thats turned up, it just doesn't sit right with him, to him, for all he knows, you could be stringing Makoto along and just ready to kill her and/or her kids at any given time, it is stupid, I know, but he just not wanting anything to happen to his eggs or Makoto..

Also, among it all of that, he is a proud kitsu who doesn't like admitting he is is wrong or whatever so he has to contend with all of this, his pride and somehow figure out 100% what his feelings are toward her, he likes her but given what happened the other night and this the word 'mate' just seems like a foreign concept to him and to probably her at the present time, will they ever get there? Maybe but who can really tell? I am just hoping, maybe when the kids have actually hatched, they might become closer by bonding over the children but right now I just can't see them being mates at all, they are more then friends but not really mates" he said with a sigh, he thought they would work out but maybe they were as different as chalk and cheese.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 pm
Lucent listened to the guardian speak, still as stone with a thoughtful look on his face. There was far more here to contend with than he'd thought, and he had only the vaguest notion about some of it because there guardian was obviously holding back certain details for Onyx's sake. -Had she not spoken to him about me much, then? He seemed quite surprised to hear about my friendship with Makoto...- Having some unexpected stranger show up and try to look at his eggs when he didn't know who Lucent was or why he'd be interested in eggs that looked and smelled of Makoto... and then finding out that Lucent was actually somewhat close to Makoto if he'd known little or nothing about it... Yes, Lucent could understand a little better now. -If I had wished to harm Makoto I have had more than ample opportunity by now. I know that she trusts me with her life... but that is perhaps, part of the problem, since Onyx does not know me at all. I do know I come across as rather... strange at first glance.-

-Onyx is young, he can learn to grow past his pride someday. But he seems to be a good provider and protector, and he obviously cares about Makoto and the eggs. I am sure he will be a good father. I... hope I can find a way to make him more comfortable with me, I would like to do what I can to help. I think they would be happy together if these things can be resolved.- He'd almost said that part "aloud", where Onyx could hear the mental voice as well, but he felt the guardian had told him those things in trust and he did not wish to stir trouble for the small fellow where none was needed and kept it "quiet" for the guardian alone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 pm
Shakespare shook his head "not at all from my knowledge, that meeting the other night was the first time Onyx had seen you or even heard about you, so whilst he is a little jealous over you it is more of the fact that it was the first time in general that he had heard or seen you and he is all for Makoto having friends, whatever the gender, just that he would of at least liked a little bit of prior knowledge she had a male best friend who just randomly shows up and he just didn't like this sprung on him especially when his children are involved, he would of been fine with you had you and he met or even him hearing about you before the children were born but that wasn't how it went so there is a bit of shock in all this as well. "You are preaching to the choir" he said in reply to the next bit "I understand that but you have to make Onyx understand you won't hurt her and that may take a little bit persuading and I wouldn't say...strange exactly just not like other kitsu which isn't a bad thing, it is good to be different, just that in his mind, Onyx does think you are strange but thats just because he doesn't know you which, of course, is partly why you are here I suspect.

The guardian nodded "yes, he can get past his pride but something tells me that may take a while or at least when he finally decides to tell Makoto what he should, after that it may be a little easier for him but till then he is set in his ways" he said as he looked at the eggs "I think he will be also, they may be a bit of a handful but I am sure he will be able to be a good father also." He said as he looked back at the other "don't worry, I am sure everything will be fine between you, he just needs to get to know you, thats all, maybe this visit will be just what is needed" he said as he head Onyx coming and he moved over to the eggs.

Onyx walked in and placed a bowl of water down by the other kitsu and then walked out again "excuse me, back in a moment" he said as he checked his eggs and then went to get his stuff, he would be a little more then a moment considering he had no thumbs so stuff was hard but meh, seems like everything was fine in the other room so it would be fine just to leave for another few minutes.

The guardian moved back and sat closer to the other again "I think Makoto and Onyx would be happy together also, Onyx rebuilt this place out of the kindness of his heart...well, that was what it first was, a mere friendship thing, but when she came to live with us for a few months at Vincent's place, Onyx's human, whilst this place was getting rebuilt they talked, he listened, they became close so this became more of a gesture of his feelings towards her more then anything else, even got four secret passages placed in the house with one leading to a secret room built within the house and three leading to other places within the house so it shows how much he cares. However, with how things turned out, I don't really think hes had a chance to properly talk over the house with her and everything else so even now feelings are left unsaid etc between them so hopefully, if this matter can get cleared up maybe Onyx will have the guts to at least ask her out on a date, something that should of happened before the eggs were born but oh well, better later then never I guess" he said as he looked back at the eggs, not liking the fact these little ones ended up in the middle of all this but hopefully before Lucent goes they would be able to sort something out.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:29 am
Lucent nodded to the things Shakespeare told him, looking quite solemn. He did not make any commentary yet, deciding to mull things over in his mind for a few moments before seeking any further information. Then Onyx walked in with a bowl of water, but it seemed he was not yet finished preparing his small bit of hospitality. Lucent bowed his head gratefully in acceptance of the water, a few words to Onyx trailing the dark furred male back out the door. -if you are inclined to provide foodstuffs I will not object to your hospitality, but I did eat before I left my home to come here and I am not particularly hungry. But thank you, you are most gracious under the circumstances.- Lucent felt it was a good sign that Onyx was willing to put his own feelings aside even as much as he was for Makoto's sake.

Lucent listened for a moment longer as Shakespeare continued after the interruption before finally deflating slightly as though letting out a held breath. -I am not sure if it is odd that she did not think to mention me or not, though if she was as distracted as she might have been in the circumstances then perhaps it isn't too strange. Still I may have some indirect blame in that. I was long absent from her company, long enough that if they had time to grow this close with no sign of my presence that I am not surprised that Onyx was as startled by my appearance as he was.- He smiled a bit sheepishly. -Mother does not do well in the cold months, Father and I do not like to leave her alone in winter.-

He was quiet for another moment before quite suddenly letting his front paws dissolve into the pearlescent and vaguely smokey looking mist that was his half-shadow/half-solid form and lifting one paw to let it pass through the guardian. Then he resumed his former position and consistency. -I am quite strange, I am well aware.- He said it very matter-of-fact and shrugged. -That does not mean I am any less inclined to try and help my friend and her beau sort themselves out, if I am able. Do not worry, I will not ask you to divulge what is not yours to tell. If I am meant to know more about the things he has hidden from Makoto, I can find them on my own. And perhaps help to avoid any other accidental omissions on her part, though I am fair certain I was the only one aside from family that she was used enough to having around to... not think twice about needing to mention?- He frowned for a moment before slipping back into his usual placid expression.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:59 am
"Something tells me he won't be forcing you to eat" the guardian said as he tried to reassure Lucent "this is basically Onyx's way of saying fine and youre welcome, he will get over it" he said smiling at the other, getting back to what they are talking about "please, don't blame yourself in any way, you couldn't help it, your mother needed you, it was something you had to do, I don't blame Makoto either, yes she was partly to blame but really, this is Onyx's fault, he should of sat down and talked to her, explained himself properly and not just flew off the handle like he did. As for Makoto had her reasons and whilst she too should of talked he was in the wrong more because he should of been the more understanding party and not just reacted the way he did and ask her for an explanation, not just assume you were some bad kitsu who was going to hurt his children, I understand where Onyx came from and why he reacted like he did but he shouldn't of been so quick to judge and just accepted the situation for the time being before sitting down with Makoto to talk, both parents were there, if anything happened they both could take care of the matter but as much as I acknowledge Onyx's right to protect his children in this case it would of been better he waited since, as I said, both parents were there so anything that happened, if it happened, could of been stopped instantly.

"And thank you, I would tell you but, as the guardian to Mr pridefully stubborn out there it is best I keep this to myself, I just am pleased at least one of you are being mature about this, Makoto and Onyx have their faults and each think the other is the immature one and what not but I am just pleased you are here to help because really, they need it, if this is going to be a harmonious family situation then they are going to need help and there is only so much a little guardian can do without having an arguing match with either one of them" he said with a sigh, hoping Makoto and Onyx get over themselves.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:06 pm
Lucent nodded to Shakespeare. -I did not think he would try to force it. I was just... attempting to pre-empt a waste of food and possible further discomfort on his part. If I could at least actually eat normal food, I would try, but I can't try to ingest more than a few bites before it is uncomfortable.- He shrugged again. -I inherited some odd biological traits from my father.- It occurred to Lucent it was probably good that he was the first of his family for either Makoto or Onyx to have run into. The hollow heart shape in his midsection was odd enough when noticed, but his brother Kaale had inherited Darkside's talons and squirming shadow-tendril mane, even if he had not a fierce bone in his body. And Darkside himself... well, the average kitsusagi who wasn't used to seeing the oddness of other-worlders would have gotten more than a start from seeing his father, Lucent was quite sure.

Lucent listened to the rest of what the Guardian said, his ears slowly tilting back along his skull and what would have been a resigned sigh if he'd been able to utter a sound slipping from his maw. -It is always difficult to talk around one who will not admit they might even partially be in the wrong. I suppose I have a talent for seeing things more objectively, but it probably helps that I am the one with the least to lose in this situation. Perhaps nothing, really, other than some guilt over the outcome should it sour. I suspect Makoto would never abandon her friend lest I did actually try to hurt her... and even then she would want to make sure there were not some reason beyond my power for the act.- He flopped his head down on his paws and stared at the door, at once willing for Onyx to return so he could start trying to unravel this mess, and hoping he would stay away so he could avoid the awkwardness of the situation for a few moments more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:30 pm
The guardian was about to reply when Onyx came back with his fish and placed it down in front of him, having taken so long because he actually cared to cut his food into bite sized pieces, a habit he had picked up from his sister who liked it that way "now, I guess we can start talking" he said as he glared at his guardian who was closer then he should of been to the other male and who scooted back towards a bookshelf before Onyx looked back at the other "so, you whats with this friendly visit?" He asked, having an idea what was going to be said but hey, may as well make it clear and out in the open.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm
Lucent lapped placidly at his bowl of water for a moment, drops dripping from his muzzle as he raised his head and tilted it at the Guardian's hasty retreat. He wiped the excess away carefully with his scarf before he lifted his gaze to Onyx. -I would hope one day we could become friends, though I do not know the odds of that happening. I was hoping for now to try and clear the air at least, however, for the sake of Makoto and the children. You seem to care for her well being as much, or more, than I do, and the two of you have a family to raise soon. I do not want...- He paused for a moment, brow furrowed and fidgeting with the end of his scarf slightly. -I honestly believe the two of you could be happy, and I would like to play "uncle" some day. I do not want to be the wedge that drives you apart before things have even truly begun, however unwittingly. If I can do anything to help sort things out, then I want to. Makoto is my friend, she deserves to be loved and protected by one who cares for her as much as I think you do.-  
Kitsusagi Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff